Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fosu - Who is responsible for signing this lad?

Comments

• Options
    Fosu pulled a hamstring in last night's friendly against Thame United
    Not Surprising really, to many games to quickly

7th July
    9th July
    10th July

Fosu and most others played a part in all 3

Games coming up

11th July
    13th July
    16th July
    20th July
    23rd July
    24th July
    27th July

Robinson doesn't learn does he. 
  • Options

7th July
    9th July
    10th July

Games coming up

11th July
    13th July
    16th July
    20th July
    23rd July
    24th July
    27th July

That means that before the season starts, he will have already played more games for Oxford than us  :)
  • Options
    Potentially a quality player; whether he fulfils that is up to him 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Potentially a quality player; whether he fulfils that is up to him 
    More like up to his hamstring. Just ask Kevin Durant.
  • Options

7th July
    9th July
    10th July

Games coming up

11th July
    13th July
    16th July
    20th July
    23rd July
    24th July
    27th July

They should be pretty familiar with Plan A by the end of those games...
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Good goal t'other day
  • Options
    Has been called up by Ghana for their AFCON Qualifiers against Sudan
  • Options
    Come on as a 79th minute sub for Brentford and scored against that impenetrable defence of Sheff Wed 
  • Options
    Sounds like the penny has dropped for him this season, shame it wasn't a bit earlier with us on a more consistent basis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really can’t imagine when his next goal will come 😞
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Sounds like the penny has dropped for him this season, shame it wasn't a bit earlier with us on a more consistent basis.
    He was great for us in his first season, under Robinson 
  • Options
    He always seemed to be our best player in the games I attended - incl Gills at home just b4 Xmas last season but something went wrong after that and he barely played for us again. Will doubtless year us a new one in a few weeks time 
  • Options
    Been saying since we let him go, don’t understand why we didn’t keep him.

People can say we didn’t play wingers last season but we’ve played with them this season, so he could have fit Bowyer’s plans. People can say he’s not a ‘Bowyer type player’ but we signed Leko who is similar in play style. Can only assume Bows and Fosu had a falling out
  • Options
    We offered him a contract at end of last season. He declined. 
  • Options
    Been saying since we let him go, don’t understand why we didn’t keep him.

People can say we didn’t play wingers last season but we’ve played with them this season, so he could have fit Bowyer’s plans. People can say he’s not a ‘Bowyer type player’ but we signed Leko who is similar in play style. Can only assume Bows and Fosu had a falling out
    Yeah there was clearly a falling out. Bowyer didn't seem happy with how Fosu conducted himself in training or looked after himself or his hamstring if memory serves.

It's a tough one because he was our player last season (even with a contract expiring) and one who no doubt had the potential quality of a Championship player. He struggled badly for fitness at times, but there were also times when he was electric. And he did his doggies far more than he got credit for.

Sometimes things just don't work out for a player at a club. It's a shame though. It seemed like his first preseason with us he was an absolute monster when it came to fitness.
  • Options
    We offered him a contract at end of last season. He declined. 
    We only offered him a contract so we could get a development fee though, didn’t we? Could be wrong but Bowyer didn’t play him at all last season after February. Was never in the squad. During the play off final he wasn’t even in a training kit, or with the team.
    When a player is completely out of favour, you hardly expect them to re-sign. Indeed that's part of the problem with short contracts. If the player has a tricky second season, suddenly they're then out of contract
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I let Bowyer off that one as we were doing so well. I should still let him off I suppose but I think Fosu was worth working with.
  • Options
    He's done some much needed growing up in the last year and is reaping the rewards his talent affords him.  There's rarely much that coaches/managers can do with a player until he "gets" what's required.  Talent and athleticism might take him part of the way but even League 1 football requires absolute dedication to every aspect of playing for and with the team, preparation, recovery, diligence, concentration.
    Sadly not only was TFH late to that party but the club's then owner remains witless as to the possibilities of sell on fees, or even getting a fair price to begin with, twunt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couldn't agree more.

Two examples for us would be Tony Watt, bags of skill but no application/dedication.

John Robinson, maybe not the most skillful but he would work his socks off for the team.

7 or 8 like Tony Watt in the side the team will struggle.

7 or 8 Robbo's then the team will do ok.
  • Options
    When Fosu scored 7 goals by the end of October, and indeed was runner up in the POTY vote despite a long injury layoff, I don't remember too many complaints about his attitude or workrate

Yes his second season was a bit rubbish, but there were injury problems and I'm not convinced Bowyer managed him well. All managers seem to have someone they clash with, it can't be a coincidence that reunited with Robinson, he was back to his previous form.
  • Options
    From what I understand, and happy to be corrected. Bowyer was not happy about how he managed his injury during the summer and thought it was very unprofessional. That apparently caused the issue between manager and player.
  • Options
    From what I understand, and happy to be corrected. Bowyer was not happy about how he managed his injury during the summer and thought it was very unprofessional. That apparently caused the issue between manager and player.
    Cant have then helped his cause by getting sent off in his very first appearance of the season - Especially when he didnt need to react
  • Options
    Cant have then helped his cause by getting sent off in his very first appearance of the season - Especially when he didnt need to react
    Danny Mills alert!
  • Options
    Fosu was player of the year by s country mile in bowyers first season I charge - have a suspicion he fell it with both lb and Taylor - shit happens 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Fosu was player of the year by s country mile in bowyers first season I charge - have a suspicion he fell it with both lb and Taylor - shit happens 
    Disagree on Taylor as they regularly like eachothers posts on social media.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Tariqe recently announced on his Instagram that he got a call up to the Ghana squad, to which Taylor replied “Love that brother👊🏽🔥❤️“ so I don’t think they had a falling out
  • Options
    Starts for Brentford today

They've got no Ollie Watkins for this fixture so some big shoes for Tarique to try and fill today
  • Options
    Starts for Brentford today

They've got no Ollie Watkins for this fixture so some big shoes for Tarique to try and fill today
    Edit: Its Mbeumo who he's come in for

Watkins plays