Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

International Breaks

Comments

• Options

so far the international breaks i can see are;

02/10/2017 - 10/10/2017 - SAT 07OCT 2017 Peterborough United H possibly affected.
    06/11/2017 - 14/11/2017 SAT 11NOV 2017 Shrewsbury Town A possibly affected.
    19/03/2017 - 27/03/2017 - SAT 24MAR 2018 Plymouth Argyle H possibly affected.

Probably too early to say, but looks like we'll be playing the current top two without Magennis/Da Silva (though I expect Shrewsbury to drop away).
  • Options
    need to sign up Ricky Lambert & hope he gets called up for England !
  • Options
    It does seem a bit unfair to lose key players to callups in this way. Wigan have 3 so were able to postpone their game this weekend

Konsa in one of the England youth games might be our best bet?
  • Options

England U21 Squad announced... Hopefully Joe Gomez can have a better time with them this time round.

3 players from our academy.
    Am I being stupid? Gomez and who? You could be debatable and include Lookman but who would be the third?
  • Options
    redman said:

England U21 Squad announced... Hopefully Joe Gomez can have a better time with them this time round.

Am I being stupid? Gomez and who? You could be debatable and include Lookman but who would be the third?
    Kasey Palmer.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    The sooner the WC qualifiers are over and we can get back to proper football, the better.

However, I see that the play-offs are on Nov 9-11 (first leg) and 12-14 (second leg). At the same time, England U21 are in Ukraine on Nov 10, the Friday. Our fixture away to Shrewsbury on 11th must be in danger of postponement. Most of our fans will probably prefer that to playing them without our U21s, although a backlog of fixtures is not a blessing. Also, Josh may be a bit tired for the following game, home to the Franchise on 18th after a couple of intense play-off games.
  • Options

Surely that should allow us to have games postponed!

And how long before double-barrelled names reach double-figure in the squad?
    I'm waiting for the first treble barrelled name, to be honest.
    Tariqe Kumahl Malachi Akwesi Fosu-Henry
  • Options
    Taylor
    Cullen
    Bielik

Would that be enough to get the Wycombe game called off if they all get called up? And if 1 doesnt we could face another game without Taylor
  • Options
    Josh off to Antigua also?

CAFC are riddled with internationals at present!
  • Options
    Parker (Antigua)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we not forget Barbuda when we mention Antigua please - Its going to start feeling left out
  • Options
    Is there a chance our game against Rotherham will be postponed?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Is there a chance our game against Rotherham will be postponed?
    Every chance

Worth noting that during the previous international break, EIGHT L1 games were postponed, including Rotherham's as they had call ups as well
  • Options
    next Saturday home game would be the 30th Oct
  • Options
    Another @NorthernIreland call-up for @WashingtonConor

Gunter called up for Wales

• Options
    assuming Harry Arter gets a call then our game will be off?
  • Options
    They've gotta have someone, anyone else
  • Options
    assuming Harry Arter gets a call then our game will be off?
    If they saw his "performance" against Portsmouth then I think he might miss out on this one.
  • Options
    Also Ghandour if Lebanon are playing

• Options
    Selfishly hoping for the Rotherham game to be moved as I can't make that one.

On second thoughts, having watched us play.... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    It better not be, bringing friends to that game and making the day of it, with the babies being shipped off for 48 hours. Itl be all but impossible to plan it again for the new date and me 3 tickets out of pocket. 
  • Options
    Rotherham will almost certainly have callups too

And last time McG was on standby for Scotland, and he's a key player
  • Options
    Any idea when we find out if it’s on or not ?. Rang the ticket office and they can move tickets up to 24 hours before a fixture, which is great.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Yeah they will be... Squad hasnt been announced yet though
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Any idea when we find out if it’s on or not ?. Rang the ticket office and they can move tickets up to 24 hours before a fixture, which is great.
    Probably by the end of this week.

We've had 2 called up and I would assume the same players as last time would also be called up / on standby. 

• Options
    ross1 said:

But he doesn't make the squad anyway.
  • Options
    Washington, Arter, Gunter will definitely all be in the squads. It will be postponed. I have a feeling Rotherham actually have 3 internationals as well anyway. Their game was postponed on the last international break.

The next one after this is Burton away... Just before people book trains! 
  • Options
    Rotherham is postponed according to the BBC. 

How can a team already adrift after 10 games in League One have players that are attractive to Wales and Republic of Ireland?

Either they are picking sub-standard players or we are getting unacceptable performances from them.

I think it's the latter. If so, is it down to the players, coaching staff or the manager?
  • Options
    Tell Gunter not to rush back. We'll cope somehow.