Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's Yorkshire Day! So who's your favourite Yorkshire born Addick?

Happy Yorkshire Day to all, especially to those exiles up here. I got to thinking about my favourite Yorkshire born Addick. For me it has to be Peter Shirtliff. Always gave 100%, a real leader and for his goals in that Play Off Final against Leeds deserves to go into the list of cult heroes.

Comments

• Options
    Compo from Lancashire still norf of Watford
  • Options
    When's London Day btw?

Blaaaady typical, what next, Music Of Youkshire Origin Awards? ffs #alllivematter
  • Options
    Simon £1m Walton
  • Options
    I don't think it's going to be a very long list
  • Options
    Does Yorkshire celebrate something in particular ? Start of the gravy season or summit'?
  • Options

When's London Day btw?

Blaaaady typical, what next, Music Of Youkshire Origin Awards? ffs #alllivematter

Dont you mean #allcountiesmatter?
  • Options
    Struggling to think of too many other Yorkies who played for us! John Pearson wasn't bad in his brief time
  • Options

Says a bloke from Bedfordshire
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redfearn
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam
  • Options
    Mate of mine who used to live in Rochester moved up to a village called Easingwold about a year ago. Going up to visit him next month, then staying up for a few days after to have a look around as, believe it or not, I've never been to the county except for the odd away game and a long weekend in York many years ago.

Thinking of having a day in Harrogate and York, visiting Castle Howard and then having a couple of days out at Scarborough. Any better ideas from anyone who knows the area?

PS My mate loves it up there and doesn't miss Rochester (or London) one bit!
  • Options
    Scott Wagstaff?
  • Options
    Zheng Zhi
  • Options

Mate of mine who used to live in Rochester moved up to a village called Easingwold about a year ago. Going up to visit him next month, then staying up for a few days after to have a look around as, believe it or not, I've never been to the county except for the odd away game and a long weekend in York many years ago.

Thinking of having a day in Harrogate and York, visiting Castle Howard and then having a couple of days out at Scarborough. Any better ideas from anyone who knows the area?

Wetherby is really nice as well
  • Options

Says a bloke from Bedfordshire
    Meaning ?
  • Options
    But is has to be Shirtliff - my all time favourite player.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Ilkley, which is where I live. Lots of good pubs, some walking on the moor if you fancy too.

It depends what you want to do, i.e. walking or just visit some towns and cities.

Bolton Abbey is nice if you fancy a short walk around some nice trails, as are Malham, Ingleton, Ribblehead, Hardraw Force, Aysgarth Falls

If you're over near Scarborough, maybe Whitby. Anywhere in North Yorks, such as Helmsley and its surrounding areas.

Oh, and P.S I love it up here and wouldn't swap it for anything. I love London, but don't miss it all and still get to as many Charlton away days as possible, as well as the occasional home game.
  • Options
    Peter too sexy for his shirt liff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ilkley, which is where I live. Lots of good pubs, some walking on the moor if you fancy too.

It depends what you want to do, i.e. walking or just visit some towns and cities.

Bolton Abbey is nice if you fancy a short walk around some nice trails, as are Malham, Ingleton, Ribblehead, Hardraw Force, Aysgarth Falls

If you're over near Scarborough, maybe Whitby. Anywhere in North Yorks, such as Helmsley and its surrounding areas.

Oh, and P.S I love it up here and wouldn't swap it for anything. I love London, but don't miss it all and still get to as many Charlton away days as possible, as well as the occasional home game.
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 2017

But don't forget that according to the song, you'll need some form of head covering. (But seriously, Leyburn, in fact the whole of Wensleydale, is good. As is the market town of Richmond.)
  • Options
    I think Alan Campbell use to drink in the Yorkshire Grey in Eltham.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Another made up day that has no bank holiday.
  • Options
    It has to be Peter Shirtliff if only for that night in Birmingham
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Another made up day that has no bank holiday.

It is up here mate - did you not got the memo?
  • Options
    Big Johnny Pearson or Peter Shirtliff.
  • Options
    It's Peter Shirtliff. And anyone who says it isn't simply doesn't understand the question. Or is part of the SMT.