Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gritt v Curbs Legends game at the Valley (Powell's back...)

Comments

• Options
    That's a pretty impressive list.

• Options

Think I'll try and drum up more interest and publicity. Not much I can do on my own but it all helps and if others join in.....

Want to help the Trust and want those players to see a decent turnout at the Valley again.

Anyway I can help let me know.
    All the money goes to The Trust from this event and be great to see a fantastic turnout.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Tracey said:

Think I'll try and drum up more interest and publicity. Not much I can do on my own but it all helps and if others join in.....

Want to help the Trust and want those players to see a decent turnout at the Valley again.

All the money goes to The Trust from this event and be great to see a fantastic turnout.
    Get the club to open The Covered End (if it's not already). Last I heard it's only the West Stand and I dislike sitting in the funereal atmosphere.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Tracey said:

Get the club to open The Covered End (if it's not already). Last I heard it's only the West Stand and I dislike sitting in the funeral atmosphere.
    Same. I and a number of others are waiting for this before we buy tickets.
  • Options

I don't think it's lacking in publicity, I expect most Charlton fans will know it's happening. Assume people can pay on the day? If so the club will need to make a call on number of tickets still available as if still only the West Stand opening you may get more walk up than seats left.

As above I still think it's a mistake not to open the Covered End until the West sells out (or there abouts). Think it'll look really poor with just the west open and a lot of people I think won't go if thats the case.

These type of games tend to be goals a plenty...... yet they will be scored in front of empty stands, North & South,
    crazy idea.

just Imagine Walshy hits a recreation of the first goal back at the Valley, or Mendonca or anyone of the other 10 players that will probably score........ they have to run over to the west stand to celebrate...... :neutral:
  • Options

Tracey said:

Get the club to open The Covered End (if it's not already). Last I heard it's only the West Stand and I dislike sitting in the funereal atmosphere.
    Yeah this and John Robinson
  • Options
    As stated before the game is to raise money for charity. Opening another stand will cost a lot of money and reduce what goes to CACT. It will be a great day so buy tickets and enjoy it.
  • Options
    Robbo and Claus, please
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:

As stated before the game is to raise money for charity. Opening another stand will cost a lot of money and reduce what goes to CACT. It will be a great day so buy tickets and enjoy it.

Not if it's at least half full.
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

Not if it's at least half full.
    but the west stand has to be filled first.
  • Options
    I wonder whether they'd have done better to put this game on before/after a real third division game? Reduce the stand opening costs perhaps and maybe mutually boost attendances?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

I wonder whether they'd have done better to put this game on before/after a real third division game? Reduce the stand opening costs perhaps and maybe mutually boost attendances?

before would have been a much better idea.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

One of the purposes of it is to raise money for CACT but it also has a purpose as being the main event in celebrating the anniversary of back to the valley. Surely part of that celebration will be to give fans the best experience possible and get as many fans there as possible. To do that they will need to open the North stand.
  • Options
    curbs... finds himself through on goal....out of nowhere kisheshev puts in a last minute sliding tackle to deny it like it was a cup final.

Ref later gives a pen...up steps our old manager.

Deano...saves it.

If anything as unlikely as that happens I will find it amusing.
  • Options
    Tracey said:

@Tracey

I would love to go to this (although like others would much prefer to have a North Stand option at this stage) - but is it guaranteed that all the money goes to the Trust from this event?

Full ticket price without admin/handling fee being taken by the club?

Programmes/souvenir brochures or other items?

Catering profits?

I would be much more likely to both attend and encourage others to go if I was certain that Duchatelet & Meire were not getting any of the financial benefit.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Davo55 said:

Tracey said:

@Tracey

I would love to go to this (although like others would much prefer to have a North Stand option at this stage) - but is it guaranteed that all the money goes to the Trust from this event?

Catering profits?

I would be much more likely to both attend and encourage others to go if I was certain that Duchatelet & Meire were not getting any of the financial benefit.
    That's a bit OTT isn't it?. A good cause is a good cause. There's only one 25th anniv of back to the Valley.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Davo55 said:

Tracey said:

@Tracey

Catering profits?

That's a bit OTT isn't it?. A good cause is a good cause. There's only one 25th anniv of back to the Valley.

Well I'm certain Davo55 is referring to if he spent £100 on a meal in a lounge when it's cost price is £30 he'd hope the £70 would go to the Trust without the filth that own us dipping their paws in to it .

I'd like to know if say there was a mascot package available for £300 where the split of that money went .
  • Options
    Is Darren Purse available?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the club were to open the covered end they would fill it in no time no one wants to sit in the west
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Davo55 said:

Tracey said:

@Tracey

Catering profits?

I guess he just doesn't want any of his hard earned going in to the Belgians pockets.
  • Options
    Im just not sure there's the interest to get 10,000 in for this. Like many I think they should open the covered end and if they did I'd probably go, but not so sure the club will do so.

The return to the Valley feels like a lifetime ago now, for many reasons the last few years has taken its toll on supporters and the club and celebrating something that fans drove nearly 30 years ago now in the current climate when in reality who is arranging it and what is the general feeling of those aged 40 plus? How much fan consultation has there been? And as has been mentioned how much is going to the Trust?

I personally don't see it as a celebration of our return, it's a chance to see some ex players back on the pitch (how many of the 20 odd were the team of 92?) and it seems to me it's as much about raising money for the Trust as anything. For that they'll struggle to fill the lower west.

I'm much more likely to attend something to thank those, for instance, from the Valley Party in a local pub than this for purely celebrating our return. For charity of course as is the Charlton way. Maybe along with a Roger Alwen and a few players from the day, that would be a celebration.

If you want a celebration of our return it needs to at least be driven by those involved at the time.
  • Options

If the club were to open the covered end they would fill it in no time no one wants to sit in the west

Quite a few people do actually, try being able to see the whole pitch you may enjoy it.
  • Options
    I'm in London that weekend for a family event on the Sat so I'm thinking about getting along to this. I'd rather sit in the Covered End or would consider a hospitality package but I'm not aware of those even being offered.

The concern is that the club are in charge of staging it and will be paying a lot of attention to costs with the Trust benefiting only from any profit. Can imagine that is the root cause of issues.

Would love to have a chance to celebrate the good old days but fear the regime have cast too dark a shadow.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    JamesSeed said:

Davo55 said:

Tracey said:

@Tracey

Catering profits?

No it's not, in my opinion.

I'm 100% for it if it's all for a good cause. But not if the club are going to be helping themselves to some of the money raised - that's not a good cause under this regime.

Edit: By the way, if @Tracey can confirm what she said , that "all the money goes to the Trust from this event" then all is well. If she can't........ then I'll draw my own conclusions.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

JamesSeed said:

Davo55 said:

Tracey said:

@Tracey

Catering profits?

No it's not, in my opinion.

I'm 100% for it if it's all for a good cause. But not if the club are going to be helping themselves to some of the money raised - that's not a good cause under this regime.

Edit: By the way, if @Tracey can confirm what she said , that "all the money goes to the Trust from this event" then all is well. If she can't........ then I'll draw my own conclusions.
    ok
  • Options
    I was just looking to sort my tickets and I have noticed that you can now buy for North Lower. I'm not sure if this has been announced but I know some of you wanted those tickets.

https://booking.cafc.co.uk/ticket.aspx?fixture=c047e3f0-f571-e711-93fe-005056b725f7

• Options
    change the KO time to 3pm and I'd go, I (like a lot of others I suspect) will be playing Sunday morning and won't have time to get there.

who decided on a 1pm KO ?
  • Options
    Trust people probably bashing their heads on their desks right now.