Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton and the "Network" - according to KM

From the minutes of one of last season's much-vaunted fan meetings:

"KM said Alcorcon and Sint Truiden have no impact whatsoever on Charlton. She said that 'early on' there was some reliance on other clubs in the network and some player exchanges. She added, 'this is not an issue now' and said that today it [the network] was principally an information exchange"

Comments

• Options

"KM said Alcorcon and Sint Truiden have no impact whatsoever on Charlton. She said that 'early on' there was some reliance on other clubs in the network and some player exchanges. She added, 'this is not an issue now' and said that today it [the network] was principally an information exchange"

This suggests that Kat was talking out of her hat.
  • Options
    Liar, liar.

Or totally unaware/deluded.

Take your pick.
  • Options
    I don't know why we even bother dredging whatever nonsense falls out of her cock-hole

It's like that shitty drone music you used to get in lifts in the 90's
  • Options
    I'll probably get burnt as a heretic for this, but, in terms of players at least, imo, the network has been reasonably beneficial to us.

Of the players that joined us directly from a network club, i.e TBH, Buyens, Reza, Astrit, Bulot, Thuram, Watt, the Serbian keeper whose name escapes me (have I missed anyone?), a couple of notable disasters aside, most were actually reasonably successful for us. We haven't signed a player from within the network since Standard were sold, but a number of our unwanted players have been dispatched and there allowing, on the face of it at least, some lightening of the wage bill.

We did pick up a couple of managers from within the network that left a bit to be desired, but the majority of poor player signings were made from external to the network.

The network of clubs isn't and never has been the real problem, it has always been the people running it.
  • Options

Ha, as the third CAFC player in a few weeks joins Sint Truidan...

Plus Botaka.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

I'll probably get burnt as a heretic for this, but, in terms of players at least, imo, the network has been reasonably beneficial to us.

Of the players that joined us directly from a network club, i.e TBH, Buyens, Reza, Astrit, Bulot, Thuram, Watt, the Serbian keeper whose name escapes me (have I missed anyone?), a couple of notable disasters aside, most were actually reasonably successful for us. We haven't signed a player from within the network since Standard were sold, but a number of our unwanted players have been dispatched and there allowing, on the face of it at least, some lightening of the wage bill.

We did pick up a couple of managers from within the network that left a bit to be desired, but the majority of poor player signings were made from external to the network.

The network of clubs isn't and never has been the real problem, it has always been the people running it.

Nego, Koc, Tucudean. I know what you mean, but I cannot see that any one of the players listed has had a lasting positive impact, even if you just assess them on games played.
  • Options

You me some very good players - however, we find ourselves starting our second season in league 1 and those disasterous network managers as well as KM are to blame. Oh, and RD.

Yes he's getting rid of players on big wages but do you think we will see that money? I don't. We also haven't received a fee for the players either (if we have it will be a minimal fee to appease FIFA).

The network is awful. A handful of decent players (Buyens, TBH, Bulot, the unfit Astrit and the unfit Watt) from Standard just isn't good enough.
  • Options
    I hope this is NOT the reason KM has been keeping such a low profile this summer!
    http://www.hertfordshirefa.com/news/2017/jun/vacancy-the-fa-independent-non-executive-director
  • Options
    Much like brexit and trump it's lie lie and lie again to just brazen your way out of anything
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017

Nego, Koc, Tucudean. I know what you mean, but I cannot see that any one of the players listed has had a lasting positive impact, even if you just assess them on games played.
    Tex as well, was the last network signing. I thought he looked better in The Championship as he didn't look motivated to play League One football.

Buyens I also feel was a very good player, a great passer of the ball. The problem for him though was he had the stigma of being Belgian as well as the network stigma.

Neither is ever going to be in the hall of fame but under different circumstances could have been very successful signings.
  • Options

Apparently she made the statement in response to a question about budgets and priorities.
    In essence, the question was 'would Charlton have a bigger budget if Roland Duchatelet did not also own Alcorcon and Sint Truiden? '

In essence, she said no.
  • Options
    Still, at least she should be able to manage the Tex and Ceballos transfers without ballsing it up
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Apparently she made the statement in response to a question about budgets and priorities.
    In essence, the question was 'would Charlton have a bigger budget if Roland Duchatelet did not also own Alcorcon and Sint Truiden? '

In essence, she said no.
    The question probably got lost in translation and she thought she was being asked if Charlton would have a bigger budgie...
  • Options

Tex as well, was the last network signing. I thought he looked better in The Championship as he didn't look motivated to play League One football.

Buyens I also feel was a very good player, a great passer of the ball. The problem for him though was he had the stigma of being Belgian as well as the network stigma.

Neither is ever going to be in the hall of fame but under different circumstances could have been very successful signings.
    Tex wasn't strictly a network signing as Standard Liege were no longer owned by RD when he moved.
  • Options
    the woman is either reading the wrong script or is digging herself deeper into disrepute as a liar .. as well as being totally incompetent and a fish outta water
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

This suggests that Kat was talking out of her hat.
    I would be more shocked if she told the truth.
  • Options
    There ain't a lot going on in that head of hers is there?
  • Options

Easy to forget we finished comfortably in mid table in the championship during the first full 'network' season, and probably the time when the most network players were at the club. TBH, Buyens, Bulot, and even Watt were significant figures in that season. The trouble is, only one of the stuck around and that was Watt who has gone badly off the rails. The other 3 may have done the same, but hard for them to make a lasting impact in just one season.

I maintain that the network, or at least the idea of it, isn't the problem. It works for other clubs. So much of what RD and KM have done is okay in principal, it has mostly been the execution - such as appointing cheap, unqualified managers, or having Driesen advising on transfers - that has been the problem.
    Indeed SL being sold probably adversely affected us, as that probably cost us the chance to keep Bulot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In essence, she said no.
    The question probably got lost in translation and she thought she was being asked if Charlton would have a bigger budgie...
    It's not a budgie, it's a robin, a red red robin.
    Like RD is red, red robin us of our pride.