Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ceballos sold to STVV (ed. confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017

Anyone know how long Vetokele has left on his contract

Probably 15 years.

Serious answer is 2.
  • Options
    Another dreadful misstep to have signed him in the first place. Thanks to the useless "Belgiums".
  • Options

Anyone know how long Vetokele has left on his contract

Probably 15 years.

Serious answer is 2.
    Cheers Ricky.
    In answer to Henry Irvine I think Vetokele probably refused to be sold because he would have to take a huge pay cut.
    But by going on a season loan we are probably subsidising his wages.
  • Options
    What I find most annoying is the fact he was heavily involved in the pre-season games to date when it now appears bloody obvious he was leaving. By all accounts he played very well in them - I can only vouch for one - in which case he would surely have impressed KR if there was any possibility of his staying in the first place. If, as seems more likely, he was set to go all along then he's occupied a place that could've been used to evaluate other players within KR's system.

Sincerely hope now that this will see the saving spent on patching up the glaring gaps in the squad but won't hold my breath. Despite one or two encouraging signings, the muddled revolving door continues to spin dangerously close to a season where for a serious promotion push a steady squad should already be settled and looking to strengthen only to put the icing on the cake. Instead we have the usual tantalising morsels and a very soggy bottom!
  • Options
    When he comes down to it, was Caballos a guaranteed starter? With Holmes, Marshall and Clarke on the books? (The last two being Robinson signings.)

Then you have the emergence of KAG in preseason.

We will now probably sign Stewart on a one year deal, as a much cheaper back up option.

And I say this as someone who thought that Caballos was NEVER given enough of a chance to show us what he could do...
  • Options
    Eh.

I was happy we picked him up when we did but we never played a way that suited him. Too soft to play left midfield in a 4-4-2 and the same in central midfield, and then he got injured. You could argue he would have suited the no 10 role in Robinson's set up but I think Robinson likes a bit more work rate in his 10. I also think Robinson would have been happy enough to keep him, but the reality is he will have been on a Championship wage for a L1 team where he isn't a player Robinson would have picked himself. As much as he may have played well in pre-season friendlies I don't think he was in anyone's thinking before this pre-season. The key questions now are whether we are paying some of his wages and how much if so, and will we use the new space in the budget to bring someone decent in. If the answers are no and yes respectively then great. Otherwise it's just more of the same.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

When he comes down to it, was Caballos a guaranteed starter? With Holmes, Marshall and Clarke on the books? (The last two being Robinson signings.)

We will now probably sign Stewart on a one year deal, as a much cheaper back up option.

And I say this as someone who thought that Caballos was NEVER given enough of a chance to show us what he could do...

Judging by his performances vs Clarke (Pre-season of course) he was guaranteed as a starter for me.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

Judging by his performances vs Clarke (Pre-season of course) he was guaranteed as a starter for me.
    Marshall gives the ball away more than any player for years and Clarke largely anonymous, I'd imagine Ceballos would have been a starter for KR unless the guy is blind or stupid (jury still out). Given CC barely played senior football before joining, I doubt his wages were huge. Robbo is being fcuked over by the regime with only three signings opposed to the many outs from our understrength squad last year and only two friendlies to play them in.
  • Options
    What is baffling is the timing. My only hope is that a sale is close and Roland wanted to move them to STVV to boost them whilst not having to pay a fee. A sort of asset stripping. If Konsa is sold next then that will only make me think even more this is the case.
  • Options
    How many games did he play for us? 5? On that basis it is not a great loss. But! He has the potential to be a third division Claus jenson or Andy Reid. He can pick a pass and do and see things others at this level can't. He should have been given game time, even if it was from the bench to try and change the game. He offered something that we haven't got else where.

Another season of teams packing the defence at the valley knowing we haven't got the skill or intelligence to get through them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

Marshall gives the ball away more than any player for years and Clarke largely anonymous, I'd imagine Ceballos would have been a starter for KR unless the guy is blind or stupid (jury still out). Given CC barely played senior football before joining, I doubt his wages were huge. Robbo is being fcuked over by the regime with only three signings opposed to the many outs from our understrength squad last year and only two friendlies to play them in.
    Jesus, players are getting criticised on here now before even making their debuts!!!
    One negative with modern day streaming of psf's.
  • Options
    Roland is collectively pulling all of our pissers, this season will be no different.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

The oddest thing on CC to STVV is the timing.

Why not when Igor, who want before our pre-season, went rather than now?

Was it to so KR could see him and decide? If so he's meant to have been good in pre-season?

Or, was it that STVV didn't want him unless he was good in pre-season?
    So STVV sign a player based on whether he played well against a few Irish and non-league English clubs?
    The Driesen factor.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Marshall gives the ball away more than any player for years
    He's a winger, that's what wingers do.
  • Options
    Two good players have left and apparently no fee. I thought the plan was to bring in players, develop them, and then sell on for a profit? I must have missed something.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

I hate this regime but I'm not going to feign anger because Ceballos has gone. No loss.

I'm not angry, more resigned. Doesn't feel any different from any other Duchatelet era pre-season to me. Which is what I expected/predicted. I feel for the optimistic amongst us that actually believe things will change. I have no beef with the manager and think he is trying his best, but this club is run by incompetent jokers who just don't understand what is needed.

To have a decent season we probably need three or four of the right players, and we have 21/2 weeks until the season starts! To those that are still optimistic - wake up and smell the coffee!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Two good players have left and apparently no fee. I thought the plan was to bring in players, develop them, and then sell on for a profit? I must have missed something.

Stop talking sense. This is meire we are talking about here.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

The other part of the "plan" was to move "assets" around the network as and when needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ceballos was signed as a young U23 out of contract freebie with zero English league experience.

I really can't see he was a major player on our wage bill, unless anyone else knows different
  • Options
    If Tex was allegedly on £12k a week, perhaps Ceballos was on around £5k ?

At that rate, it would free up budget for 4 or 5 new signings.
    Logically, of course - whatever that may mean at Charlton.

• Options
    So 2 players have left to join STVV with no mention of a fee - not even "undisclosed". Can this be right & allowed under FFP rules ?? Surely it can't be a free transfer - I mean, who in their right mind would let 2 players who are under contract leave for nothing ?? Is there anyway we cam find out. I don't mean the actual figures, as I expect the club would couch this under their usual "undisclosed" regs, but surely we, as supporters, should know if we got a fee for these players.

This is really starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. a month ago I thought "they" had turned the corner - we signed a couple of players & got both Pearce & Holmes to sign new contracts, but since the players have come back to pre-season we've lost 3 players (I on loan & the other two for a fee/on a free/who knows ????) and still lack a GK, LB & someone who can put the frigging ball into the net.

It seems nothing has changed. KR doing his usual "I'm wanting to bring in this player & that player" but nothing materialises............and then we start losing players - one of which (CC) I reckon KR wanted to keep having played him in several pre-season games.
  • Options
    Be fair lads. We've got Naby back.
  • Options
    I normally like to wish players good luck when they move on, but as he's opted to stay with the nutty network he obviously won't be needing it.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I normally like to wish players good luck when they move on, but as he's opted to stay with the nutty network he obviously won't be needing it.

I doubt he has any choice to have his contract honour
  • Options
    I'd say he was a bit of a loss. Looked a good player whenever he was available.

Next to depart Kashi?
  • Options

So 2 players have left to join STVV with no mention of a fee...

There is a certain similarity with Watt's move to Charlton.
  • Options

Ceballos was signed as a young U23 out of contract freebie with zero English league experience.

I really can't see he was a major player on our wage bill, unless anyone else knows different

Maybe not a major player, but on a higher than average wage? Prem clubs can afford to give youngsters good contracts. He came here to play first team football and a 3 year deal suggests he was probably earning a decent amount.
  • Options
    I wonder if it took a new three-year deal to get him to go.