Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Madrid/Barcelona football grounds

13»

Comments

• Options
    Very heavy police presence (which is nice).
    Sure they ain't playing Millwall?
  • Options
    Heading out to Barcelona with my boys in the October half term.
    It's a champions league week so if the draw is kind id be looking to get some tickets.

What's the best way to go about getting them?
    Been on the official site and I can see what @Charlton Madrid is saying earlier in this thread about it being a bit of a nightmare.

The kids also want to do a tour of the ground but I believe (found out after I booked flights and hotel!) That there are no tours on the day before or the day of a champions league fixture!

So I could be right in the s**t if I can't get tickets for a game if there's one on!
  • Options
    edited August 2018

It's a champions league week so if the draw is kind id be looking to get some tickets.

Been on the official site and I can see what @Charlton Madrid is saying earlier in this thread about it being a bit of a nightmare.

The kids also want to do a tour of the ground but I believe (found out after I booked flights and hotel!) That there are no tours on the day before or the day of a champions league fixture!

So I could be right in the s**t if I can't get tickets for a game if there's one on!

It was about 15-20 years ago, so things may have changed, but I toured Nou Camp on the day they played Leeds in the CL. I remember this because:
    1) I hadnt realisedthey were playing until I saw the Barça and Leeds badges laid out on the pitch
    2) Barça won 4-0
    3) There was a massive thunderstorm and while I was there a lightning bolt struck right outside the ground - the echo in the stadium of the accompanying thunder was incredible - as we left, we looked over to the hills and there was a raging fire caused by the lightning. Helicopters overhead dumping water on it. Pretty memorable tour really!
  • Options

It was about 15-20 years ago, so things may have changed, but I toured Nou Camp on the day they played Leeds in the CL. I remember this because:
    1) Ihadnt realisedthey were playing until I saw the Barça and Leeds badges laid out on the pitch
    2) Barça won 4-0
    3) There was a massive thunderstorm and while I was there a lightning bolt struck right outside the ground - the echo in the stadium of the accompanying thunder was incredible - as we left, we looked over to the hills and there was a raging fire caused by the lightning. Helicopters overhead dumping water on it. Pretty memorable tour really!
    Yes. Not quite 20 years ago but I toured the ground less than 24hrs before el classico so I guess things have changed.
    Should add the day before closure policy only seems to be place for CL games.
  • Options
    If they are playing at home you'll have a decent chance of getting tickets on the official website in the weeks before the game. Depending on the opposition it's unlikely it will sell out and if you're there for a week or so and they are away for the Champions League game you could get tickets for the league game at the weekend (if they're at home). Espanyol are worth getting to if Barca are away for their game, and Girona isn't too far either.
  • Options

Tickets on the website should be pretty straight forward . I'd imagine that they will go on sale in the next couple of weeks once the draw is done and dates are confirmed but it's pretty easy
  • Options

If they are playing at home you'll have a decent chance of getting tickets on the official website in the weeks before the game. Depending on the opposition it's unlikely it will sell out and if you're there for a week or so and they are away for the Champions League game you could get tickets for the league game at the weekend (if they're at home). Espanyol are worth getting to if Barca are away for their game, and Girona isn't too far either.

Cheers.

We head back on the Thursday. They play Madrid on the Saturday so unlikely I'd get tickets for that anyway. There are some available but let's just say I could get a good few CAFC season tickets for the price of one ticket!
    Was thinking maybe a Barcelona B/reserve game if there's no fixture.
    Do you Know much about that?
  • Options
    Barcelona B could be a good option - I haven't seen them play but do watch a lot of games at that level (Segunda B/third division) as I have a season ticket for a Madrid team (Union Adarve) who also play in that tier. There are four equivalent regionalised leagues and quite a few historic teams (like Charlton) are currently in that league. Barca B play at the mini Nou Camp, next to the main one.
  • Options

Well this could work out either really well or really badly.

Anyone know where I can get Barcelona v Inter tickets!!!!!!! :-(
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    If you’re doing the tour I wouldn’t bother with the headphones
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Went to Barca in Feb with my son to watch a game , bought tickets on their website and printed them off before we went, it was very straightforward to do.

Whilst we were there I looked up the cost of tickets to watch Barca v Chelsea, the only tickets they had left for that champions league game were 700 euros each!

We didn’t end up going to that match!

• Options

Managed to get hold of four tickets through their OS.

Well chuffed!!
  • Options

Managed to get hold of four tickets through their OS.

Well chuffed!!
    I get the feeling getting tickets for Barcelona v Spurs is going to be a tad more tricky!
  • Options
    Believe me. Getting tickets for it wasn't that easy!

I guess your problem might be flights out.
  • Options

Believe me. Getting tickets for it wasn't that easy!

I guess your problem might be flights out.

That was the easy bit. Had the flights and hotel booked within 24hrs of the draw being made.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Unbelievable night of football in the nou camp last night. I urge anyone, if you get the chance to see a game, go!

I've been watching live football for over 30 odd years now. Granted it has mostly been Charlton ;-) but I've never seen anything like what I experienced last night.

Barca are a true phenom. The ground, although seen better days and in a pretty crappy part of town, is a theatre of magic when a game is on. It's hard to explain.

The football is on a whole other level.

Yes, they were missing their 'messiah' and when one of the top Italian sides turn up and start with a bank of four at the back. Two tightly in front of them and another three in front of them available to shore things up you'd expect a cagey affair.
    ........The Catalans calved through that solid defensive approach within about 3 minutes after the game kicked off!.. And did so at will.

A friendly but highly knowledgeable local crowd.

From football purists to those that have hardly kicked a ball in anger if you've ever had an interest in the beautiful game This THE football place.

Més que un club'
  • Options
    Barcelona B could be a good option - I haven't seen them play but do watch a lot of games at that level (Segunda B/third division) as I have a season ticket for a Madrid team (Union Adarve) who also play in that tier. There are four equivalent regionalised leagues and quite a few historic teams (like Charlton) are currently in that league. Barca B play at the mini Nou Camp, next to the main one.
    Has the mini Nou Camp been flattened?  I gather the Johan Cruyff has now replaced it, I may be wrong.

If correct, who play there?