Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Preview and Updates - Limerick FC v Charlton Athletic -PSF - 11 July 2017|KO 7.45

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    dickplumb said:

seth plum said:

Saw it live. Random observations.
    Limerick scored the three best
    Goals and deserved it. When Li
    erick packed the defense towards the end we should have worked for corners in order to find a way through. We could do worse than getting their goalscorer (third goal) Irish born young and slippery only 19 has a chance to mess up but scored unnearringly.
    As far as I can see Watt can go Sewart is preventing a young player coming through and KAG hates his own left foot. Cebellos our best player. Josh invaluable. Meire not there Chris and Sue were.
    Very friendly atmosphere.

Who do you think would be better off in Stewart's place from the Youth choices? - Karlan?
    Doughty, Yamfam, Hanlan. I don't think Cameron Stewart is the answer. He is past his best. Doughty is really promising with pace to burn but is still very young.
    Doughty scored a sumptuous goal backheel flick for the U23s last night and as you said looks very fast. Yamfam looked a bit suspect on one viewing imo, was marshalled well by the oppo defenders and didn't seem to know how to pass.
  • Options
    The walk from the hotel to the ground took me past Limerick prison. Enjoyed just sitting on the grass bank taking it all in and then realised I had left my umbrella on a seat 45 min before in the main stand. Still there you good honest Limerick folk. Enjoyed being able to stroll freely round the stadium to gain all perspectives.
    The game itself was disappointing result wise and the manner in which we lost but we had five clear chances on goal in that second half. I'm not worried. Exactly a year ago today, we lost to Bromley and that was alarming.
  • Options

The walk from the hotel to the ground took me past Limerick prison. Enjoyed just sitting on the grass bank taking it all in and then realised I had left my umbrella on a seat 45 min before in the main stand. Still there you good honest Limerick folk. Enjoyed being able to stroll freely round the stadium to gain all perspectives.
    The game itself was disappointing result wise and the manner in which we lost but we had five clear chances on goal in that second half. I'm not worried. Exactly a year ago today, we lost to Bromley and that was alarming.

That's right. I'd forgotten about the friendlies that weren't in Austria. And we had that dyer game against Orient (was it?) as well.

Our squad is far bigger and better than last year, and our team looks way fitter, sharper, and has a far better plan. Results at this stage don't matter, but performances in them kind of do.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

That's right. I'd forgotten about the friendlies that weren't in Austria. And we had that dyer game against Orient (was it?) as well.

Our squad is far bigger and better than last year, and our team looks way fitter, sharper, and has a far better plan. Results at this stage don't matter, but performances in them kind of do.
    It just seemed like we were being too patient last season.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

It just seemed like we were being too patient last season.
    A couple times Olly has mentioned in commentary "patient build up here from Charlton" or something and I have literally shouted at my television "SEE HOW PATIENT WE'RE BEING?!?!"
  • Options
    I thought Clarke looked quite incisive with his passing when he came on