Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rooney back to Everton

Comments

• Options

The words Dick and head come to mind, it's not like he's short of a few bob for a taxi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49wsjk5iOn0
  • Options

A lot of angels on this post... Assume no-one here has done it.

Nope. Driving 24 years, never done it. Suspect that will be the case for the vast majority of people born after about 1970 - though I can understand and appreciate people were a bit more blasé/ignorant of the effects back in the day. Different eras, obviously - but anyone who drink drives now is an absolute cunt. Not even a slight excuse for it.
    A guy i work with's uncle is a magistrate. He told me that his uncle when presiding over drink - drive cases, that approximately 80% of those that get caught that come before him are done the next day. Are you telling me you have never drunk the night before and got in your car the next day.
    Absolutely yes. I have never driven at all after a drink. If I've had even one drink I won't drive at all that day, and if I've been out on the piss the night before I've never driven my car the next day at all. It does help, of course, that I'm not a fucking teenager so don't tend to do many benders - and that when I was, I didn't have a bloody car cos I couldn't afford one, but that isn't the point. Am I genuinely in a minority here?
  • Options
    Since when were benders confined to teenagers?
  • Options

Nope. Driving 24 years, never done it. Suspect that will be the case for the vast majority of people born after about 1970 - though I can understand and appreciate people were a bit more blasé/ignorant of the effects back in the day. Different eras, obviously - but anyone who drink drives now is an absolute cunt. Not even a slight excuse for it.
    A guy i work with's uncle is a magistrate. He told me that his uncle when presiding over drink - drive cases, that approximately 80% of those that get caught that come before him are done the next day. Are you telling me you have never drunk the night before and got in your car the next day.
    Absolutely yes. I have never driven at all after a drink. If I've had even one drink I won't drive at all that day, and if I've been out on the piss the night before I've never driven my car the next day at all. It does help, of course, that I'm not a fucking teenager so don't tend to do many benders - and that when I was, I didn't have a bloody car cos I couldn't afford one, but that isn't the point. Am I genuinely in a minority here?
    There is no need to swear... Have you been drinking... Well i know at least i wont be getting a lift from you tomorrow if i need one, if you have.
  • Options
    He always swears, real potty mouth. Used the C word this morning on this thread. Something to do with being 5" 2'.
  • Options
    Yes. Very overly aggressive Ambrose.
  • Options
    Anyway, back to Wayne Rooney; I have read that the owner of the VW Beetle is on a Sugar Daddy website offering her services for £6k a month! I'm sooooo out of touch!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I don't think it was at all. Drink driving is a very emotive subject for some of us.
    Don't get me started on mums texting while doing the school run!
  • Options

Never. I'd never take the risk. I don't even drive after 1 pint. Luckily these days I have maybe 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks a month so it's rarely an issue.

Anyone that drives when over the legal limit is an absolute MORON in my opinion.

Alcohol not only affects all differently but different alcohol can affect you more than others and people don't take that into account.

All it takes is a seconds delay in reactions to ruin not just one life but many.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Curb_It said:

I don't think it was at all. Drink driving is a very emotive subject for some of us.
    Don't get me started on mums texting while doing the school run!
    The stats from some research showed using your phone whilst driving affected most tested more than when the same were driving just over the limit...

Which is understandable as paying attention to a phone to text whilst driving is as moronic as drink driving.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Never. I'd never take the risk. I don't even drive after 1 pint. Luckily these days I have maybe 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks a month so it's rarely an issue.

Anyone that drives when over the legal limit is an absolute MORON in my opinion.

Alcohol not only affects all differently but different alcohol can affect you more than others and people don't take that into account.

All it takes is a seconds delay in reactions to ruin not just one life but many.
    I wasn't suggesting it is right, purely i don't believe at some point in peoples life they haven't driven over the limit, either knowingly or unknowingly.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

I wasn't suggesting it is right, purely i don't believe at some point in peoples life they haven't driven over the limit, either knowingly or unknowingly.
    Well it seems there's at least 4 people on here who say they haven't. Why can't you take us at our word?
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

You have a pretty low opinion of people then, imo.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Well it seems there's at least 4 people on here who say they haven't. Why can't you take us at our word?
    and i definitely haven't.
  • Options
    I am 26 and know plenty of people who have, or at least did when they were younger. I think the drink drive campaigns that changed opinions need a rerunning for my generation, as it's something we have never really seen, and from my understanding they really changed opinions.

I once remember bringing a former friend up on it, at which he declared me a "pussy" and that he (get ready for it) "drives better drunk because I'm more careful."

I think there are probably more people doing it than we think.

I also think you will find that no one on here would admit to drink driving, because it is obviously and rightly something that holds a social stigma, I remember a thread on here where a guy had and he was (again, rightly) absolutely ripped to shreds for it. I would estimate that many on here have, and just because a few people are going "I haven't" doesn't mean a lot of people on here haven't.

As to Rooney getting a taxi, that's what I would do if I was drunk and about to shag some tart I'd met in a pub, but I am not an instantly recognisable figure... She said they wanted to get away from "prying eyes." Lets not forget a cabbie blabbered to everyone about what Rio Ferdinand was saying! Don't trust 'em!

He's a prat though, for so many reasons.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

I've definitely never knowingly drove drunk, not too sure about unknowingly though ; )

Seriously though, I'm flabbergasted by the amount of British immigrants here who regularly drink and drive, including an ex career copper who is probably the worst. Their reason for doing so? Well, you never see a Gendarme after 8 o'clock do you? (Even though you do and I've been breathed every time Ive been stopped, 6-7 times in total)
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

I've definitely never knowingly drove drunk, not too sure about unknowingly though ; )

Seriously though, I'm flabbergasted by the amount of British immigrants here who regularly drink and drive, including an ex career copper who is probably the worst. Their reason for doing so? Well, you never see a Gendarme after 8 o'clock do you? (Even though you do and I've been breathed every time Ive been stopped, 6-7 times in total)
    It's the same over here, everyone drives electronic bikes and I've seen friends drive home absolutely paraletic 'everyone does it' seems to be the normal justification.

A few years ago a Chinese friend jumped on her bike after a night out, she crashed on an empty road and fractured her skull, she'll never be the same again.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

No i havent actually i use my eyes to observe things.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I am 26 and know plenty of people who have, or at least did when they were younger. I think the drink drive campaigns that changed opinions need a rerunning for my generation, as it's something we have never really seen, and from my understanding they really changed opinions.

I once remember bringing a former friend up on it, at which he declared me a "pussy" and that he (get ready for it) "drives better drunk because I'm more careful."

I think there are probably more people doing it than we think.

I also think you will find that no one on here would admit to drink driving, because it is obviously and rightly something that holds a social stigma, I remember a thread on here where a guy had and he was (again, rightly) absolutely ripped to shreds for it. I would estimate that many on here have, and just because a few people are going "I haven't" doesn't mean a lot of people on here haven't.

As to Rooney getting a taxi, that's what I would do if I was drunk and about to shag some tart I'd met in a pub, but I am not an instantly recognisable figure... She said they wanted to get away from "prying eyes." Lets not forget a cabbie blabbered to everyone about what Rio Ferdinand was saying! Don't trust 'em!

He's a prat though, for so many reasons.

Nicely said.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

You seem like a dog with a bone on this subject, I'm not sure what your point actually is though.

Some people have driven over the limit. Some have done it knowingly, some have done it unwittingly. We are all damning the behaviour and nobody is defending it.

Nobody should be excluded from passing an opinion on what Rooney got up to the other night, although you've derailed that conversation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rooney is just a thick c*nt who happens to be good at football.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Dazzler21 said:

You seem like a dog with a bone on this subject, I'm not sure what your point actually is though.

Some people have driven over the limit. Some have done it knowingly, some have done it unwittingly. We are all damning the behaviour and nobody is defending it.

Nobody should be excluded from passing an opinion on what Rooney got up to the other night, although you've derailed that conversation.
    No i havent derailed the conversation at all... The point was quite clear, that some people were condemning him for things they have probably done themselves, but are not honest enough to admit. Some here are nodding their head in agreement others are so holy they have never done such a thing.

I am not sticking up for rooney or anyone else, but mske sure your slares clean before you do.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Riviera said:

Anyway, back to Wayne Rooney; I have read that the owner of the VW Beetle is on a Sugar Daddy website offering her services for £6k a month! I'm sooooo out of touch!

She's that horrible plastic fake tanned type too.

If I was a 'Sugar Daddy' I'd expect a lot better for my money!
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Dazzler21 said:

No i havent derailed the conversation at all... The point was quite clear, that some people were condemning him for things they have probably done themselves, but are not honest enough to admit. Some here are nodding their head in agreement others are so holy they have never done such a thing.

I am not sticking up for rooney or anyone else, but mske sure your slares clean before you do.
    Unless you can specifically point to someone who has condemned Rooney while doing the same thing your argument is built on an assumption around people you've never met. It's pointless, flawed and made this a discussion about Lifers' driving habits rather than the trevails of the former England captain. I don't get why you're obsessed with it but whatever. There's no evidence to support the idea that anyone posting here is being hypocritical so get over it.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Unless you can specifically point to someone who has condemned Rooney while doing the same thing your argument is built on an assumption around people you've never met. It's pointless, flawed and made this a discussion about Lifers' driving habits rather than the trevails of the former England captain. I don't get why you're obsessed with it but whatever. There's no evidence to support the idea that anyone posting here is being hypocritical so get over it.
    I have nothing to get over... Quite chilled thanks.
  • Options
    He is a complete bell his wife pregnant with their 4th kid and he is about to smash the doors in on another escort

He is a complete classless Cnt

But was a bloody good footballer
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Dazzler21 said:

I've never mugged anyone. Does that make me 'so holy'
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

The words Dick and head come to mind, it's not like he's short of a few bob for a taxi.

Same with Tiger Woods, there's no excuse when anyone drink drives, but with that amount of money it's just unbelievable.
    Tiger didn't drink and drive, I don't think. At least not recently - he was arrested for suspicion of DUI cos he was asleep at the wheel, but I think it transpired he was on a cocktail of prescription painkillers. And it goes to show how unfair it was on him that the dashcam footage was released, because here you are saying he was drunk, when really he was spaced out from dealing with chronic pain.
    Yeh, in the US, prescription painkillers are the rich man's cocaine substitute imo. He was smashed out of his head, I reckon had been so many times previously, no excuse.

As to drink driving, I am sure I have driven over the limit in the past. I still will drive after 2 pints but no more.

I have never been close to having an accident after drinking.

I have had one accident when I was much younger and that was my fault, I wasn't concentrating and drive into the work car park into a car coming the other way. I hadn't been drinking that day or the night before, no idea how I missed seeing the car coming the other way.

If I had an accident after having two pints and I hurt or, god forbid, killed someone, I would always wonder whether that would have happened if I had not had 2 pints. I know a lot of people who will not have even one drink and then drive. I'm not there yet but can see the point.

Rooney's start at Everton seems to be going quite well btw.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Dazzler21 said:

I've never mugged anyone. Does that make me 'so holy'
    Yes