Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

P.P.I

2»

Comments

• Options
    I recall when I took out a loan being persuaded to take out PPI - when I had a very secure job and thought it wasn't needed. My memory is sketchy but I didn't think I needed it and took it out for some reason so I was probably mis-sold it! I haven't pusrued because it was so long ago and I don't have any paperwork - I can't even remember the date.
  • Options

I recall when I took out a loan being persuaded to take out PPI - when I had a very secure job and thought it wasn't needed. My memory is sketchy but I didn't think I needed it and took it out for some reason so I was probably mis-sold it! I haven't pusrued because it was so long ago and I don't have any paperwork - I can't even remember the date.

That's OK, according to the 4 or 5 adverts you will hear on the radio between songs the ambulance chasers will do all of that for you.
  • Options
    I can't be arsed in all honesty - If I remember rightly I could have said no.
  • Options
    I have been inspired partly by this thread and partly by looking at my ever-decreasing bank balance and have applied online to check 2 of the credit cards I know I had. I have a form to complete and post for a third and have written to a loan company. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Anyone got bank accounts with 'added benefits' for a few quid per month ? For example, mobile phone insurance, vehicle breakdown cover, holiday insurance etc etc

These are next on the list for the regulators a la compensation to consumers
  • Options

Anyone got bank accounts with 'added benefits' for a few quid per month ? For example, mobile phone insurance, vehicle breakdown cover, holiday insurance etc etc

These are next on the list for the regulators a la compensation to consumers

Banks are calling it 'PBA' (package bank account). I mentioned it earlier in the thread, when I worked in PPI they were all gearing up for the end of PPI and the beginning of PBA.

• Options
    Is there a certain irony here? On the one hand, we all (well, most of us) seem prepared to slag off rich bastards who stash their money offshore in an entirely legitimate fashion, etc, etc. While it seems we're quite happy taking money off other people in breach of the Fraud Act 2006 by virtue of committing a fraud by dishonestly making a false representation.....go figure.

So, come on, most people knew they were paying a regular premium for PPI didn't they? If not, should they actually have control of any money at all? People really didn't notice the monthly premia coming out? Or the figures in the loan documents or the small print on the T&Cs?

(The only people I have sympathy for are the self-employed who weren't told that PPI wouldn't actually pay out for them and were therefore mis-sold an unsuitable product.)

In any event, please don't coming crying on here when the banks start increasing/introducing fees to run bank accounts. You'll know why it's happened.
  • Options
    Message for Muttley

One reason for mis-sold PPI is that people were not given the choice. If you wanted the loan, mortgage or credit card you only got it if you took out the PPI, no ifs, no buts. All you really need to know is the name of the lender, the rest has been well described in many of the posts above. And it is easy, trust previous posters.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the interest paid on a successful PPI claim is compound or simple interest?
  • Options
    Fairly sure it is compound, was at 8%, not sure what it is now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tramp said:

Fairly sure it is compound, was at 8%, not sure what it is now.

Thanks @Tramp