Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charity walk for Guy's and St.Thomas's Hospital

Hi Everyone. Am taking part in a survivor's walk, only 3.5k, for the two hospitals on 25th June. As some of you know, am not in the best of health but must do this as not only was I given a life saving Oesophagectomy at St. Thomas's, but also another good friend of mine, who had some radiotherapy at Guy's passed away last Sunday. His wife has given her blessing to the walk being dedicated to his memory. I wish to help give something back. If anyone can spare even a pound, I would be very grateful. My fund raising page can be found at this link http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JeanKing2 Many thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Done. Hope you get decent weather!
  • Options
    Thanks so much, really appreciated. Do hope it's not as hot as this weekend though!
  • Options
    Am shamelessly bumping this to keep it on the first page. Lifers are usually so generous, I know it's not the longest of walks, but it is a fair distance for me. Can anyone else spare a pound or two please?
  • Options
    Am bumping this one last time to thank the anonymous donor for their kind donation, very much appreciated, and also in the hope of getting any last minute donations from our usually generous lifers.
  • Options

Am bumping this one last time to thank the anonymous donor for their kind donation, very much appreciated, and also in the hope of getting any last minute donations from our usually generous lifers.

Hope it goes well, I am already sponsoring two others for this.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Hope it goes well, I am already sponsoring two others for this.
    Yes, I know even lifers can't sponsor everyone. I have got another sponsor from here since bumping, so thanks very much to them. I really do appreciate it and know the charity will use the money well.
  • Options
    Good luck from Redman and me.
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited June 2017
    Good luck Hants, hope it goes well. I can only echo what amazing work these hospitals do.
  • Options
    All the best @HantsAddick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Am delighted to say I've done it! My friend and I finished first of the group doing the 3.5 km so had to do lots of posing for photos (not something I enjoy) but was wonderful to be first at something, don't think it's ever happened in almost 60 years on this earth.

My grateful thanks to all on here who kindly and generously sponsored me, the total now stands at almost £400, with the promise of another £50 to come from a friend on completing the walk. Would not have been worth the effort without my sponsors so do appreciate it.

FFS, Jean !

You told me it was a 50K walk !
  • Options
    Just want to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone on CL who generously donated to my fund. Want to let you know that a week after the event my total stands at an incredible £510! Never expected anything like this, and lifers have played their usual generous part in it.

Thanks so much, Jean.