Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    shocking news.

thoughts are with his family & friends.
  • Options
    Likewise, thoughts with those left to pick up the pieces.

I hate the modern world.

RIP
  • Options
    Walked past it last night at about 7, the bottom of Victoria way was completely cordoned off with a load of ambulances and police cars/vans. Some police had suits on which made me realise it had to be something pretty serious.

Terrible news.
  • Options
    RIP the victim, and condolences to the family. What is this terrible knife crime wave that is growing?
  • Options

RIP the victim, and condolences to the family. What is this terrible knife crime wave that is growing?

Seems to be getting worse that's for sure RIP the victim.
  • Options
    Yes, tragic and such a waste of life. R.I.P. the victim.
  • Options
    you have to be a real piece of shit to carry a knife, if your carrying it your prepared to use it, the police did try doing more stop and searches but were met with criticism.
  • Options

you have to be a real piece of shit to carry a knife, if your carrying it your prepared to use it, the police did try doing more stop and searches but were met with criticism.

Often those who carry a knife will end up having it used against them.
  • Options
    Not confirmed but someone has set up a justgiving site for Adam Chambers

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/keeley-alden

As I said not confirmed that this is the same person.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2017

wont get into it but we don't know the full story yet if it proves to be one of these gang murders then often the victims aren't the innocents portrayed by the media, rob knox is a murder many will be familiar with and wasn't a gang related incident and truly was very tragic.

of course goes without saying whatever the outcome its very tragic for the family of the victim
  • Options

I would have used the word occasionally rather than often.
  • Options
    RIP. To the victim. In 2009 (I think) the number of young people stabbed to death in London was very high.
    The Met stepped up atop and search and introduced knife arches across London.
    Minority groups and other pressure groups complained about the stop search procedure even though it does deter knife carrying in public.
    Officers are so worried about stop searching people now because if a negative search is resulted, they have to explain why they carried out that search upon facing criticism when they put that stop onto the system.
    I expect the number of deaths caused by knives to rocket this summer, unless the previously used measures are returned.
  • Options

I would have used the word occasionally rather than often.
    The point I'm trying to make is a lot of kids carry knives to protect themselves and it doesn't work. Was just an observation.
  • Options

notting hill carnival last year is a prime example of how cheap life can be considered by these wankers carrying knives, no ifs no buts, 10 years straight in jail for carrying one without a valid reason.

We don't often see eye to eye but on this I think you are right.

• Options

notting hill carnival last year is a prime example of how cheap life can be considered by these wankers carrying knives, no ifs no buts, 10 years straight in jail for carrying one without a valid reason.

We don't often see eye to eye but on this I think you are right.

agreed there, but the sentences are a joke these gangster wannabees would soon be discouraged if they were slung inside for 10 years and i mean 10 years not out on licence, our for good behavior the moment you decide to leave your house with a knife about your person you are basically saying im willing to use it or have it used on me.
  • Options

I actually agree with you, no justification for carrying one and the consequences are horrendous.
  • Options
    agree, caught carrying a knife and it should be an automatic prison sentence, minimum of five years, no early release etc. Also, stop and search needs to be stepped up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

agree, caught carrying a knife and it should be an automatic prison sentence, minimum of five years, no early release etc. Also, stop and search needs to be stepped up.

Stop and search has to be stepped up - knife crime far too high.
  • Options

I can't imagine what a valid reason would be.
  • Options
    adrian said:

So many kids carry them it's frightening.
  • Options

Not confirmed but someone has set up a justgiving site for Adam Chambers

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/keeley-alden

As I said not confirmed that this is the same person.

The lad who got stabbed was definitely Adam
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    To increase stop and search there would likely need to be a significant increase in police numbers and experts politicians have announced that could cost around £30,000pa...
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    adrian said:

when i was on the tools often i would carry a folding knife as a tool and doing site work would not often be in the same place.

im talking something like this

regarding stop and search, the police did up it, and were met with criticism from anti racist pressure groups, its not racist its just more knife attacks are carried out by non-white people, its a fact, used the example before but if you look at the figures from the euros last year and at the notting hill carnival, one had 30 arrests one had over 300, you can guess which one made national press, its the same as anything everyone is so worried about offending others.

edit; a valid reason for me carrying it whilst i was quite clearly at work, in work clothes etc.
  • Options

Likewise, thoughts with those left to pick up the pieces.

I hate the modern world.

RIP

This kind of thing didn't happen in pre modern times?
  • Options
    adrian said:

well for those kids there isn't one but for some trades knifes are used regularly. and of course chefs and trainee chefs often have a knife set.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Would stiffer sentences for carrying knives have prevented last night's murder?

Whoever the low-life scum that committed this atrocity is, would he (assuming it's a he) have been less likely to have committed the murder (for which there is only one sentence available to judges on conviction) if the sentence for carrying a knife was more severe than it is?

I agree wholeheartedly that the sentences for carrying knives should be severe and that judges should not be concerned about handing out very stiff custodial sentences. But, if you are going to murder someone, do you take much notice of the sentence for a "lesser" crime?

There has to be a differential in the sentences for carrying a knife and for murder. Otherwise, anyone carrying one "might as well" commit murder.

I hope the pathetic individual who did this is caught. Fortunately, we know that, if he is, he will spend the rest of his miserable existence serving a life sentence.