Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stag do ideas

124»

Comments

• Options
    Matthews Street is the place to go.
  • Options
    Scouse accent on the crumpet is quite sexy.
  • Options

Might be a good night out but you won't convince me a scouse accent is anything but horrible!
  • Options
    Do not wear a coat !

We played there one Saturday evening for live game and was in danger of being snowed off. Got in lift at hotel in full on parka mode as freezing and bumped into a hen do who were only wearing shorts, green vests and army camouflage make up. Looked at us as if we were the mad ones.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Matthews Street is the place to go.

Matthew Street is on a par with Slater Street and concert square.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Might be a good night out but you won't convince me a scouse accent is anything but horrible!
    I quite like the accent on a woman.
  • Options

I quite like it on a woman.
    I quite like it on a woman!
  • Options

Amended - happy now?
  • Options

Amended - happy now?
    I'm never happy.
  • Options
    Anyone done any that aren't just the normal paintball/go karting then pub, or European town type?

Thi

CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

Also... Make the groom wear one of those shock collars that people have to stop their dogs from barking, zap him everytime he lifts his pint, fecking hilarious

Just YouTubed that - brilliant.
    Failing that, hire a midget for the night and handcuff the groom to them and proceed on the night to make it your mission to get said midget as drunk as possible
    I'm your man!
    Something like this Elfs?

mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wealdstone-raider-handcuffed-groom-after-10799852
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Was tasked to arrange a good mate's do in London and did the Monopoly board. Missed out stations and Utilities. Had a driver in a Luton van with various mates turning up on route. I did whole trip but had halfs in the odd dump but was wasted by the end. Seem to remember a chunder early evening. Pretty sure the groom did a pint in every pub and we had several in Shepherds Market (Mayfair) at the death. Fair play to him.
  • Options

Anyone done any that aren't just the normal paintball/go karting then pub, or European town type?

Thi

CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

Also... Make the groom wear one of those shock collars that people have to stop their dogs from barking, zap him everytime he lifts his pint, fecking hilarious

Just YouTubed that - brilliant.
    Failing that, hire a midget for the night and handcuff the groom to them and proceed on the night to make it your mission to get said midget as drunk as possible
    I'm your man!
    Something like this Elfs?

mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wealdstone-raider-handcuffed-groom-after-10799852
    I'm a lot taller than him.
  • Options
    F@cking poor bloke imagine being handcuffed to elfs for the weekend
    Stag party would be at his funeral the next week
  • Options
    What's Brighton like for pub/restaurant scene these days? I've not been for nearly a decade and it was starting to get a little rundown then. 
  • Options
    Went on a good one to Gravesend once....lots of pubs, would of been early 90's.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    What's Brighton like for pub/restaurant scene these days? I've not been for nearly a decade and it was starting to get a little rundown then. 
    There's absolutely loads of choice.

Hove - Sussex Cricketer (by the County Ground) - recently done up and very nice in there now
               Lion and lobster - 3 floors and a nice pub for food and drink. Plenty of booths and screens for sport if required
               Bison Beer - More of a craft beer establishment, lovely.

Brighton - William The Fourth - Excellent Pub
                     The Tempest - On the seafront and inside its like a cave, pretty cool but gets busy.
                     The Mesmerist - More of a bar/club later on. Often live music too.
                     East Street Tap - Good food and drink.
                     The Mash Tun - Reasonably big outdoor space with benches. food and drink.
                     Brewdog - Can't go wrong

Food wise. I absolutely love Chilli Pickle, sort of like Indian Tapas. Perfect for a stag do. Franco Manca is ok Pizza. Pinocchios is amazingly cheap and very good. Piccolo in Hove another option.

Abyssinia is an incredible Ethiopian restaurant if you fancy going a bit left field.

• Options
    Great suggestions. Glad to hear Chilli Pickle is still around, part of 'My' Hotel/Brighton. Great tastes. 

Appreciated!
  • Options
    If you like a tap room, Unbarred is great. North of the station though around the Round Hill area. So location not great for the rest of the evening
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Blinding gaff.