Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Funeral songs

Comments

• Options
    Red Red Robin.
  • Options
    Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me).
  • Options
    Here's to life, by Ian Shaw.
    Listen and try not be moved to tears.
  • Options

I've sorted mine out. Abide with me, Lord of the Dance and I Vow to Thee my country.

Went to a funeral a few weeks back for my landlord who was in the Gurhka regiment during WWII, and one of his regiment played the last post at the graveside.

Not a dry eye in the house.

Will you still have to pay rent?
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Highway to Hell.

Exactly, not sure if you mean it but I do would love to see the vicar's face.
    Apparently one of the most popular funeral songs.
  • Options
    I'd like all of you to be invited a do a rendition of 'just sell the club'

I couldn't think of a more sick and utterly pointless way to leave this world
  • Options
    Coffin comes in to 'Imagine'. Then at the end, 'Wish Me Luck As You Wave Me Goodbye' by Gracie Fields - even though I can't stand her!
  • Options
    Comfortably Numb
  • Options
    Agadoo - Agadoo (live version)
    Imagine - John Lennon
    The End - The Doors

• Options
    I always said I'd have "So Amazing" by Luther Vandross.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just sell our club our famous football club. Sung by the combined choirs of CARD/B20/CAST.
  • Options
    Always said Lighthouse Family - High and or Lifted
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Just sell our club our famous football club. Sung by the combined choirs of CARD/B20/CAST.

Hopefully you will have many long and happy years after that song has long been forgotten
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

I'd like to think they'll be gone long before you Ray
  • Options
    Jerusalem.
    Oasis - Masterplan.
    Pink Floyd - On the turning away.

• Options
    After careful thought I have decided on my song, it will be played whilst parked outside the ground/flats/call centre.

"You're shit and you know you are".
  • Options
    Alternatively, it will be "Simply the Best" by Tina Turner.

This will be in dedication to my beloved nan and grandad, and what people have said about me!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    iainment said:

I was at a funeral today for my ex neighbour. A lovely old bloke who passed aged 94.
    The song at the end was Adios amigo by Jim Reeves. Which was apt.
    What do you want for your funeral?
    I'd like 'til I die by the Beachboys at the end. Not sure about the other tunes/songs yet.

Love that beach Boys song taken from a very underrated album,"Surfs Up"

I've been toying with this one if I want a weepy, Butterfly Song by Jocelyn Pook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1LWHO8o5j0
  • Options
    Most touching one I ever heard was "ove Maria" in charlton Catholic Church up by the rugby club. Such a great turn out that day. Only early 20s as well. Had his seat at Wembley left empty alongside me. Something about that day.
    Sung by a woman with a fantastic voice.
    He won't mind me saying this, but she was quite a sort as well as it happens.
    Still thinking of you.
    Paul Walsh RIP.
  • Options
    Just had my dad's funeral this week. We basically organised it all ourselves and the music was My Way by Sinatra (his favourite) and Elvis' version of Amazing Grace.

We had Lark Ascending at my partner's uncles - that was very moving.

For me, I won't be taking any notice, but I'd quite like Revolutionary Spirit by the Wild Swans, or Almost With You by the Church (about reincarnation, which I don't believe in, but I really like the song). And something choral (but good choral - not a dirge).

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    My dad was a rugby fan and we sung 'Swing low, sweet chariot' - not a dry eye in the building. Despite the fact he really wasn't a very nice person.
  • Options
    I have been told because of my hatred for Liverpool and palace
    Your never get a job and glad aĺl over
  • Options
    If my ashes can be scattered at the valley then I would like "this used to be my playground " by Madona.

At the funeral RRR.
  • Options
    I'm going to go out with "Tommorows Just Another Day" by Madness the words are spot on & its cheery...:-)
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/AAcnFOcu57s

This, and I want everyone singing along!
  • Options
    I'm going for the Bee Gees 'Stayin' Alive' to be carried out to...not sure about coming in yet...possibly '100 Years' by The Cure, as it's probably my favourite Cure tune...and it'll annoy everyone else....

Have been to two funerals where the music really stuck in my head.. 20 odd years ago a school friend was killed in a motorcycle accident...his coffin disappeared behind the curtains to the Star Wars theme tune, which made us all smile... Then, was at a funeral in January, where dear Gordon was carried out to Sid Vicious' rendition of 'My Way' to a standing ovation from the mourners....great, great scenes and exactly what the man would have wanted.
  • Options
    Going Underground by The Jam.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I've given my wife so many songs my funeral is going to be an all day concert

know what you mean !! Also, once cremated I want to be stuffed into a large firework and sent skywards to be scattered to the four winds in a big bang. Maybe I should go out to a certain song by Katy Perry.

• Options
    My father in law passed away over Easter, he had run his own business all his working life and hated paying the taxman a single penny more than he owed. Many years ago the revenue called at his house regarding a dispute he had with them, when they arrived he sang the Stylistix song I Can't Give You Anything But My Love, this was always referred to by the family as the taxman song. This was played at the crematorium as the curtains closed around his coffin.

https://youtu.be/sPi4L-9rc8M
  • Options

I've sorted mine out. Abide with me, Lord of the Dance and I Vow to Thee my country.

Went to a funeral a few weeks back for my landlord who was in the Gurhka regiment during WWII, and one of his regiment played the last post at the graveside.

Not a dry eye in the house.

Will you still have to pay rent?
    Of course. I just write a cheque out each month ;-)