Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours (Non-Charlton Related) - Deadline Day from page 22

Comments

• Options
    Arsenal need to make 3-4 more signings like that one in order to even compete for the top 4.
  • Options
    Wenger seems to have forgotten what made The Invincibles invincible. Yes they had flair players but he had a core of tough, reliable players that wouldn't let them get bullied out of games. They've never replaced Vieira, Gilberto, Lauren, Campbell, and even Keown.
  • Options

Wenger seems to have forgotten what made The Invincibles invincible. Yes they had flair players but he had a core of tough, reliable players that wouldn't let them get bullied out of games. They've never replaced Vieira, Gilberto, Lauren, Campbell, and even Keown.

if Arsenal can maintain the consistent form and grit they showed in the last cup final, they WILL be contenders ((:>)
  • Options

Lacazette signed for Arsenal.

Another great sell by Lyon. They are amazing that way. Almost every sale they make is right when the player peaks and they get top dollar. I bet Lacazette starts a mild decline beginning this year.
    He's 26 mate. Some would argue he's not even in his prime yet. Has 5-6 years left minimum.
  • Options

Lacazette signed for Arsenal.

Another great sell by Lyon. They are amazing that way. Almost every sale they make is right when the player peaks and they get top dollar. I bet Lacazette starts a mild decline beginning this year.
    He's 26 mate. Some would argue he's not even in his prime yet. Has 5-6 years left minimum.
    I guess one issue will be how quickly he settles in, seeing that he's spent all his career in Lyon (and indeed grew up there)
  • Options

Cambridge United have signed Ade Azeez

gutted...
  • Options

Sage said:

Holmes-Dennis season long loan to Portsmouth

Absolutely gutted, wish we got him back. But Dasilva is coming so it softens the blow a little. THD would've been perfect for us this season with how Robinson wants to play, expect him to do well for Portsmouth this season.
    'Absolutely gutted' are you serious. There's a reason he's gone back on loan to league 1. Was never good enough for us.
    sam3110 said:

Sage said:

Absolutely gutted, wish we got him back. But Dasilva is coming so it softens the blow a little. THD would've been perfect for us this season with how Robinson wants to play, expect him to do well for Portsmouth this season.
    Absolutely gutted is a weird call, bloke played maybe a dozen games for us in total, at a push.

There's a reason he didn't play much at Huddersfield and is now on loan in League 1. He may grow into a decent player in time, but he's not a cut above anything in our league
    Okay absolutely gutted is probably an over reaction. But I am disappointed he left as I think he is a good player, will become a very good player and think he is better than Fox, Page, and Chicksen, so yes I would have loved for him to come back. THD and Dasilva would have been brilliant in League One.

Fact is, we have gone through 4 left backs in 12 months when we had one who was good enough 12 months ago which we sold. He has now signed on loan to a Portsmouth side which I think will be challenging this season. Jackett knows a good player when he sees one.

Also you lot keep saying there's a reason he is back in League One, but you're all saying how good Dasilva is, which I agree he is very good, but by what you're saying, there's a reason he is coming back to League One too and not the Championship.
  • Options
    Is Lacazette really that good? He's behind Giroud for France who he is presumably replacing at Arsenal.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Sage said:

'Absolutely gutted' are you serious. There's a reason he's gone back on loan to league 1. Was never good enough for us.
    sam3110 said:

Sage said:

Absolutely gutted is a weird call, bloke played maybe a dozen games for us in total, at a push.

There's a reason he didn't play much at Huddersfield and is now on loan in League 1. He may grow into a decent player in time, but he's not a cut above anything in our league
    Okay absolutely gutted is probably an over reaction. But I am disappointed he left as I think he is a good player, will become a very good player and think he is better than Fox, Page, and Chicksen, so yes I would have loved for him to come back. THD and Dasilva would have been brilliant in League One.

Fact is, we have gone through 4 left backs in 12 months when we had one who was good enough 12 months ago which we sold. He has now signed on loan to a Portsmouth side which I think will be challenging this season. Jackett knows a good player when he sees one.

Also you lot keep saying there's a reason he is back in League One, but you're all saying how good Dasilva is, which I agree he is very good, but by what you're saying, there's a reason he is coming back to League One too and not the Championship.
    Dasilva is only 19 though, so over 2 years younger than THD, which is a lot at that age, especially in terms of physical development
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sage said:

Sage said:

sam3110 said:

Sage said:

Dasilva is only 19 though, so over 2 years younger than THD, which is a lot at that age, especially in terms of physical development
    It can be a lot in terms of development, but at the same time, everyone develops at different rates so it's hard to comment on that unless you know them personally.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Sage said:

sam3110 said:

Sage said:

I think Da Silva could well get a move to the championship but I'd imagine KR has been in their ear since the end of the season trying to get him back and if he's settled playing with is its perfect. Guarenteed first team and local.
  • Options
    I wonder if DaSilva has gotten any taller in close season. Still got a year or two to grow.
  • Options

Is Lacazette really that good? He's behind Giroud for France who he is presumably replacing at Arsenal.

Depends what style of play they're planning on. I think lacazette suits the arsenal style more than giroud. Giroud is a good player still
  • Options
    Rickie Lambert has apparently held talks with Plymouth over a move from Cardiff.

Even at his age he'd be a brilliant backup signing / challenger against Josh Magennis
  • Options

Giroud is also ahead of Mbappe, Benzema and Gameiro. Doesn't mean he's that much better, he just always seems to do well for France.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

How much have Everton spent already?!

A way of showing Lukaku they are serious about going for the Champions League qualification next season, or already spending the money they'll get from the sale of him?

Definitely from selling him. United have supposedly nipped ahead of Chelsea in the race to sign him. Fee rumoured to be anywhere between 80-100 million.

Everton have now bid 40m for Jimenez from Benfica to replace Lukaku. Not sure he's worth that though, his goalscoring record isn't great.
  • Options

Giroud is also ahead of Mbappe, Benzema and Gameiro. Doesn't mean he's that much better, he just always seems to do well for France.
    But then Giroud can play the No 9 role, can Lacazette? He's only 5 foot 9 for a start, so I doubt he's as good a target man or as good in the air
  • Options

£52m seems a lot for a player yet to play outside of France or at the top level on a regular basis.
  • Options

But then Giroud can play the No 9 role, can Lacazette? He's only 5 foot 9 for a start, so I doubt he's as good a target man or as good in the air
    Well he scored 37 goals last season in the no.9 role so he can't be that bad at it.
    Do Arsenal need someone who's good in the air though? It's not as if they ever really lump balls into the box or get loads of crosses in. It's all tippy tappy through the middle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everton accept 75m from Man U from Lukaku.

Wonder if Chelsea will go for Morata now?
  • Options

Belotti. He's a much better all round player.
  • Options

Great signing for Utd.
  • Options
    Very good player, but 75 million, football has gone crazy.
  • Options
    Real Madrid have signed 19 yearold left back Theo Hernandez from Atletico Madrid - £23m and he hasnt made one first team appearance for Atletico. What on earth is happening in football.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Belotti. He's a much better all round player.
    Surely the bigger clubs would want to see if he can do it again next season before splashing the sort of money Torino are asking for
  • Options

Well he scored 37 goals last season in the no.9 role so he can't be that bad at it.
    Do Arsenal need someone who's good in the air though? It's not as if they ever really lump balls into the box or get loads of crosses in. It's all tippy tappy through the middle.
    Weaker league though.

Isn't Giroud up there with the highest number of headed goals in the PL over the last few seasons? It's been a major source of goals for them.
  • Options
    Lukaku is a client of agent Mino Raiola, who also looks after Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan - three players all signed by United last summer
    Maybe that tipped the balance in favour of United and not Chelsea?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    BREAKING NEWS

A twist!

Senior Everton sources have told us that no deal has been agreed to sell Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United.

So our sources say a bid has been accepted - but Everton say no deal yet.

SSN.