Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Radio on at work?

if so, what station are you tuned to?

We are currently on Heart 80's. Now playing 'Temptation' by Heaven 17, a real classic.

Comments

• Options
    Absolute 80s (I think) has been on for most of the day.

Friday afternoons we have a theme where we alternate a member of the team who has to make and play a spotify playlist based around their favourite tracks.

Currently have Bruce Springsteen Dancing in the Dark playing.... She is American and am chosen theme is 'USA born and bred'
  • Options
    Quiet day at the office @LargeAddick ? :)
  • Options
    used to have the radio on when we were in a smaller office, now big open plan new one with c150 people on the floor, no chance anymore!
  • Options

never quiet here ;-)

• Options
    I wish, i did suggest friday we play a radio but its not practical :( instead they have to listen to me sing all day everyday... On a saturday can put something on if working
  • Options
    Work in the LME so no radio while trading, usually have a random music channel on the tv during lunch
  • Options

never quiet here ;-)

Turn the radio off then...
  • Options
    Am a headphones guy, get a lot of "oh, are you on a call?"... "umm, sure, a call, yeah - will come find you later"

I don't go and find them later
  • Options
    My boss is in charge of tunes. He usually selects any old playlist from Spotify, we are currently listening to Top 50 Karaoke Classics.
    FML
  • Options
    Heat !

God knows why the celeb gossip bit about "who the feck are you" from Towie etc drives me mad. Some bitch had a baby, it was like she was the first human ever to do it ! Wrote a book made a show got a medal etc etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad we don't have a radio in the office. It would be rnb all day if we did. And not the original proper r'n'b.
    I'd explode.
  • Options
    Work in home office in my loft, listen to all sorts on Spotify but afternoons always listen to Steve Wright. It's more a nostalgic thing as we always listened to him on Radio 1 when I first started work. Seems ancient now but used to love all the characters on there Mr Angry, Mick and Keef etc etc.
  • Options
    earphone in, so James O'Brien from 10-1, then 6 Music for the rest of the day
  • Options
    Absolute Rock.
  • Options
    Not radio at the moment, but listening to Sketches of Spain by Miles Davis cd.

When that's finished it'll be Jazz FM all the way.
  • Options
    Absolute
  • Options
    Spotify. All sorts of playlists. Beyonce at the moment
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    No radio.....gonna do a random 'shuffle' on the music app and see what comes on first......

Better be a good'un.....

Edit:Cue @DaveMehmet
  • Options
    Not bad.....

• Options
    Mainly Spotify, 6 Music, Kisstory, Absolute 80s
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You need a special licence to put a radio on in a workplace I think.
  • Options

You need a special licence to put a radio on in a workplace I think.

Tony Blair? Is that you?
  • Options
    I dont work in a garage, so no, we dont have the radio on at work.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Thank you MrOneLung. Glad to see someone of integrity on here ;0)

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

I dont work in a garage, so no, we dont have the radio on at work.

Or the creative industry?
  • Options
    when working from home - Radio 2. When in the car travelling to clients I'm a channel hoper between Radio 2, Absolute 70's, Absolute Rock, Magic, Gold and Heart.
  • Options
    I listen to podcasts.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Yep , our good old employer got us with that one , no radio at work for us .

• Options
    'Music While You Work' was provided by the BBC between 1940 and 1967. The music was originally broadcast live and played at an even tempo to keep production levels up.

The song "Deep in the Heart of Texas" was banned because of the potential danger of production line workers taking their hands away from their work or banging their spanners on the machinery to perform the four hand-claps in the chorus.

… Not sure if 'Glad All Over' got the same treatment in 1964