Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Adam Chicksen is being released by Charlton Athletic.

The left-back joined as a free agent after his release by Brighton last summer and went on to make 25 appearances for the Addicks.

He also played further forward in a wide role and netted in the 5-1 win at Bristol Rovers in November and also in the 3-1 loss to Milton Keynes in the FA Cup.

Charlton boss Karl Robinson said: “Adam is going to move on. We have Lewis Page but we are also looking to bring another left-back in sooner rather than later.

“We had to make a decision. Adam always wore his heart on his sleeve for us. I’m sure his career will be fine.”

The Addicks do not have any other of their squad coming out of contract.

When asked if he wished there were more in the final weeks of their deals, Robinson said: “I think you’d always like more out of contract, yeah.

“I’ve made my mind up on some now. There will be a protocol in the summer for them. We gave these contracts out, we’ve got to abide by them.

“We have to stick by them. Whether I think they are of use to us is a decision I can only make over a period of time.”

so all the waffle about clearing out the players that dont care?.
  • Options
    I thought he was on loan
  • Options
    Hopefully we can get Dasilva back for next season
  • Options
    Fingers crossed Dasilva...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No great surprise, has he even been on the bench in April? Page, for better or worse, is KR's signing, and Chicksen wasn't

• Options

"The Addicks do not have any other of their squad coming out of contract."

Roger Johnson

I doubt very much anyone thinks he's actually part of the squad though.
  • Options
    Shame. I liked him but Robinson, having had him at MK Dons must know his limitations.
  • Options
    not surprised but he was nothing special. Whoever comes in as LB though had better be better than Page.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley‏ @RichCawleySLP 6m6 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @BenHayes77
    I'd genuinely forgotten about (Roger Johnson). Think it is an absolute given that he'll be off. They tried to get him out before window closed.
  • Options

Richard Cawley‏ @RichCawleySLP 6m6 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @BenHayes77
    I'd genuinely forgotten about (Roger Johnson). Think it is an absolute given that he'll be off. They tried to get him out before window closed.

Wish we could forget about him!!
  • Options
    He was alright but I didn't see him as someone that was likely to step up to the Championship.

We had Bessone on loan from Leeds in the second half of 2010/11. He was ok but we improved the team by bringing in Wiggins. Whether this is a good thing depends on who we replace him with.

You'd think it means we're looking to bring in a new 1st choice left back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Much better than Page based on games this season, and could play left mid too.
  • Options
    I thought he looked quite an intelligent footballer so can only think we are in for the next Ashley Cole.

In Robbo and Katy we trust.
  • Options
    The issue is that, until the likes of Johnson, Kashi and any other waste of space are off the books, the small budget that Robinson might be given to recruit will become even more miniscule. Unless, of course, we sell one of Holmes or Konsa (or both) in which case he should have at least 10% of the sale price to spend spend spend.
  • Options
    Prefer him over page but wouldn't have offered him a new deal.
  • Options
    I liked Chicksen - very efficient, played where he was asked to whenever he needed to. Didn't let us down.

Would hope we aer going for Da Silva and having Page as backup
  • Options
    Chicksen has played for Robinson at MKD, hasn't he?
    Robinson likes familiar players around him; they will have known each other well.

I'm sure I remember reading that Chiksen had a knee injury around about the end of February in the middle of our dreadful "1 win in 14 games" dreadful run?
    There were also strong rumours of dressing room unrest, and even Robinson himself insinuating that some players weren't performing and he didn't rally know how to change things.

Da Silva eventually got his chance at LB and established himself with very decent performances.
    But Chiksen had proved his adaptability and commitment up to then at LM, as well as LB - strange that he appeared to be more or less shut out.

Conspiracy theory - there's been a bust up between manager and player, resulting in Chiksen leaving?

• Options
    Good player so sad he's flown the coop.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Something tells me Chicksen had a clause extending his contract if he played more than 25 games.

I think they pretty much all have a clause of a contract extension offer on x number of games.

• Options

Something tells me Chicksen had a clause extending his contract if he played more than 25 games.

That would make sense, judging from his complete absence from the match day squads when both Page and Solly were injured