Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

17/18 season

I know none of us wanted this one to end but the bookies have already priced us up for next year.

were 16/1 to win the league.
and 5/1 to be promoted.

they have Blackburn as faves at 7/1 with Pompey 2nd faves at 8/1

i do think bradford or millwall will be right up there next year if players stay with them.

Comments

• Options
    What are our odds to go down?
  • Options
    '5/1 to be promoted' says to me that they're predicting about 8th?

Ultimately no one knows until the summer window has played out.

Wigan and Rotherham are rubbish, so I think it's another season where going up is for that taking with a bit of investment. And that goes for any clubs in a similar position to us.
  • Options
    I see Portsmouth being very strong next season... Paul Cook is a good Manager

Wigan could be the more dangerous out of the relegated sides, dont expect a massive threat from Rotherham and the same with Blackburn, they're under daft owners like ourselves so dont really expect them to challenge.

Plymouth and Doncaster the other promoted clubs will also challenge for the Play-Offs I reckon.
  • Options
    I will be surprised if it's anything but a season of struggle.
  • Options
    of course .. ALL depends on our playing personnel next season .. AND how the manager sets them up and what tactics are chosen .. far too early to place any bets on any team
  • Options
    relegation odds not there yet, but a free bet from sky i just used on this treble

burnley to be relegated
    burton to be relegated
    coventry to be promoted.

21/1

• Options

What are our odds to go down?

Worth a punt.
  • Options
    Next season will be a slightly better rerun of this one. 9th
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

relegation odds not there yet, but a free bet from sky i just used on this treble

burnley to be relegated
    burton to be relegated
    coventry to be promoted.

21/1

Hmm... Dunno about Coventry I'm afraid
  • Options
    Looking forward to the new season already.........
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I am sticking to my prediction of us being relegated next season unless we get new ownership or the current owner changes his entire way of running a football club.
  • Options
    certainly looking forward to some good away days

pompey and plymouth being 2 id like to tick off, depending on who comes up ive got about 8 to do complete league 1 for the current season
  • Options
    Yep done us to win league next season in a double with Labour to win election
  • Options
    clb74 said:

You should have just brought a round of drinks.
  • Options
    The squad gets worse every season, we will be left short in too many areas once again but the books will be balanced (ie we will owe Roland another £10mill for paying wages for players we never get to see/are too awful to flog). I look forward to the day when we can be optimistic in a transfer window.
  • Options

pompey and plymouth being 2 id like to tick off, depending on who comes up ive got about 8 to do complete league 1 for the current season

You've never done Pompey?? I've been there about 5 or 6 times I think. Back in the day our games v Pompey were stuff of legend. Really want to do Plymouth. Once heard one of ours say "you do Carlisle and Plymouth and then fill in the dots in between". Well I've done Carlisle, so once I've done Plymouth I can come out with the same line and claim it as my own.

• Options

clb74 said:

You should have just brought a round of drinks.
    Sounds good to me

• Options

You've never done Pompey?? I've been there about 5 or 6 times I think. Back in the day our games v Pompey were stuff of legend. Really want to do Plymouth. Once heard one of ours say "you do Carlisle and Plymouth and then fill in the dots in between". Well I've done Carlisle, so once I've done Plymouth I can come out with the same line and claim it as my own.

You best hope you don't go up then MF
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know none of us wanted this one to end but the bookies have already priced us up for next year.

What price are we to win the league now? Has it changed already?
  • Options

unfortunately not was meant to do a pre season freindly a few seasons back but never got to it as had quite a bad chest infection always wanted to go, as grandad was a royal marine so spent a lot of time around portsmouth if we was on a saturday wouldnt mind getting down a little earlier and taking a look round the dockyard etc, would be nice in the august sun, me saying that nailed on a December Tuesday night. also only started doing away's 4/5 years ago.
  • Options
    Always try to look at fixtures and seasons from an opposition perspective.

Wonder if Plymouth fans are praying that Exeter beat Carlisle in the Play-Off Semi-Finals so arent potentially forced to make the long trip back up to Cumbria once again
  • Options

and 5/1 to be promoted.

they have Blackburn as faves at 7/1 with Pompey 2nd faves at 8/1

i do think bradford or millwall will be right up there next year if players stay with them.

Those Blackburn odds are ludicrous, but really on people who know nothing about their situation thinking that a "big club" like them will bounce straight back

Portsmouth will be a good trip, Exeter would give 2 trips to the SW, Blackpool 2 trips to the Blackpool area, Luton would ensure DVT due to the terrible regroom, while Carlisle would ensure promotion!
  • Options
    edited May 2017

The squad gets worse every season, we will be left short in too many areas once again but the books will be balanced (ie we will owe Roland another £10mill for paying wages for playpers we never get to see/are too awful to flog). I look forward to the day when we can be optimistic in a transfer window.

He can only inject money on the playing side as equity under League One rules. Sure there will be a way round it though.

Edit. Misread
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

What price are we to win the league now? Has it changed already?
    currently skybet are the only ones who have it priced. and still 16/1
  • Options

unfortunately not was meant to do a pre season freindly a few seasons back but never got to it as had quite a bad chest infection always wanted to go, as grandad was a royal marine so spent a lot of time around portsmouth if we was on a saturday wouldnt mind getting down a little earlier and taking a look round the dockyard etc, would be nice in the august sun, me saying that nailed on a December Tuesday night. also only started doing away's 4/5 years ago.
    Fair enough. I'm well in to 60 plus away grounds now but I'm in my early 40's and have been doing always with Millwall since I was about 13.
    In fact, I've slowed right down now and only really do a few a season these days. Kids, self employed, etc etc.
    Done a good chunk of those 60 odd grounds when I was a young un, with out a care in the world. Going away with Millwall was great as a teenager/young adult and quite often started on the Friday night and didn't finish until Sunday evening.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

You could be ok if Dianne Abbott is settling the bet.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

clb74 said:

You could be ok if Dianne Abbott is settling the bet.
    I have every faith in the bet
  • Options

Fair enough. I'm well in to 60 plus away grounds now but I'm in my early 40's and have been doing always with Millwall since I was about 13.
    In fact, I've slowed right down now and only really do a few a season these days. Kids, self employed, etc etc.
    Done a good chunk of those 60 odd grounds when I was a young un, with out a care in the world. Going away with Millwall was great as a teenager/young adult and quite often started on the Friday night and didn't finish until Sunday evening.
    Probably the way many of us used to do awaydays when we were younger ... I couldn't do it now!!!