Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chaps wearing stretch jeans

What is that all about ? It seems every pair of jeans or trousers on the shelves these days have stretch fabric and 'comfort' wastebands. Fat blokes traditionally wear jeans that look like they've got room for another two sizes in growth, it's called forward planning and harks back to when their mums used to buy them clothing and tell them they'd grow into it. Whatever happened to just buying something that is the right size ?

Comments

• Options
    Hope I die before I get old
  • Options
    Saw a lot of this on Saturday at Sandown Park along with tweed jackets.
  • Options
    I went and bought a pair the other week. normally a size 33/34 but bought a 32. they are bit like maternity wear for women, probably could have got in a 28 with the amount of give they have.

weird but very comfortable at least they are not super skinny!!!
  • Options
    Brought a pair last week. Didn't try them on, and realised my every growing beer belly had got the better of me. Swiftly returned to the shop and got the next size up.
  • Options

Hope I die before I get old

Don't tell me you've got a pair of trendy red trainers as well to go with your comfort fit strides...
  • Options

I went and bought a pair the other week. normally a size 33/34 but bought a 32. they are bit like maternity wear for women, probably could have got in a 28 with the amount of give they have.

"Maternity wear for women".
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Not a good look for the older gentleman. I tried a pair on and at nearly 47 years old,looked a complete bell ;)
  • Options
    Chizz said:

"Maternity wear for women".
    Sums it up quite nicely.
  • Options
    I have a size 42" skinny jeans.. looks good :neutral:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lads wearing skin tight jeans with a baggy arse just looks weird.
  • Options
    Blokes with skinny legs wearing tight jeans and sticky up shoes!! FFS, it looks like two 9 irons wrapped in denim. ;)
    Love
    "The over 60s fashion Police"
  • Options
    what about chaps wearing chaps ?
  • Options

what about chaps wearing chaps ?

Steady on.this is a family forum: )
    hahahahaha ... https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=chaps&qpvt=chaps&qpvt=chaps&qpvt=chaps&FORM=IGRE

• Options
    I misread the tile as Jean's wearing Chaps.
  • Options
    Don't know what the fuss is about I have been stretching jeans to breaking point for 20 odd years being a total bloater n all!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    bobmunro said:

I can't be doing with this stretch fabric stuff and elasticated waists.

I normally wear Levi 501's red tag and currently have a pair 32 waist 32 inside leg. I hang them in the wardrobe and get them out every now and then to just look at them and reminisce about a time when they would have fitted me.

Blimey, they must be 'big E' ones
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah, Big 'E' selvedge Levi's. Cost an absolute fortune for a knackered vintage pair that smell of wee.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

I have a size 42" skinny jeans.. looks good :neutral:

Going for that 'half-squeezed toothpaste tube' look?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    hawksmoor said:

Ah, Big 'E' selvedge Levi's. Cost an absolute fortune for a knackered vintage pair that smell of wee.

The denim used then (pre the 1971 switch from capitals to lower case) will more or less not wear out unlike the 'little e' products of today. Mine's still going strong (not that its ever worn but it still fits
  • Options
    I only wear selvedge denim but don't have any big 'E' Levi's. Would the denim have been Cone Mills pre-1971? I did have a couple of pairs of Japanese Sugar Cane 1947s, which were based on 1947 Levi's. I found them a bit on the loose side, though. My go-to pair at the moment are Japan Blues.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

I only wear selvedge denim but don't have any big 'E' Levi's. Would the denim have been Cone Mills pre-1971? I did have a couple of pairs of Japanese Sugar Cane 1947s, which were based on 1947 Levi's. I found them a bit on the loose side, though. My go-to pair at the moment are Japan Blues.

The denim feels almost like canvas (probably because it doesn't get worn these days) which is what they claim the very first ones were actually made of by all accounts. I've worn jeans from Albam which say they use that Japanese denim but cutting back on the washing of the jeans can only be done for so long and my experience is I've found that once you do start washing them they ain't quite so tough as they first seem or claim.
  • Options
    Albam do really good looking stuff that sounds great but doesn't last anywhere near as well as it should.

A few years ago now the only jeans I owned were Levi 501s, black. These days I don't own any jeans.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    jeans are something i dont go expensive on edwin jeans im wearing atm, or asos ones arent bad.
  • Options
    Not for me