Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite chants at Charlton games

Comments

• Options
    Couple of seasons back, Milwall Away game. A really huge pie-eating twat was right up near us in the away end and gave us the wind up treatment, wanker hand signals etc.
    He got the usual chants about pies, etc, but he soon disappeared after the chant of "You shop at Jacamo" sang out.
  • Options
    Has 'Dennis is our Leader' appeared yet?
  • Options
    I used to like "Can we play you every week"
  • Options
    Zigger zagger, zigger zagger, oi,oi,oi.
    late 60s.
  • Options
    We all agree Charlie is better than Yashin
    And Matt Tees is better than Eusebio
    And you're in for a thrashing

Or something like that
  • Options

Some genius on here came up with the beut...

Ooohhh Johnson is a wanker, he wears a wankers hat,
    And if you want to lose a game you play him at center back.
    He can from Wolverhampton to give us fans the ump.
    And if you follow us away he'll tell you your a c***!

• Options
    Remember away at Upton park when we were lodging there, went 1 up early on before it started raining, chants followed between us in the old south bank and them in the chicken run. "You're getting wet, you're getting wet, we ain't,we ain't" was one.
    Think the hammers in the chicken run responded with "we've got a ground, we've got a ground, you ain't, you ain't"
    Then " Number 1, Number 1, Number 1 at Upton Park, Number 1 at Upton Park" rang out from all the Charlton on the south bank!

Swiftly followed by the chicken run and their North bank with "we'll meet you at the station"
  • Options
    Away to spurs, cup tie 1985, someone who shall remain nameless (but is also known as Addickted) started up "we all agree Aizlewoods better than Hoddle". This was when Hoddle was one of the best in the world. It caught on prematch and actually on the day Aizlewood probably was!
  • Options

Away to spurs, cup tie 1985, someone who shall remain nameless (but is also known as Addickted) started up "we all agree Aizlewoods better than Hoddle". This was when Hoddle was one of the best in the world. It caught on prematch and actually on the day Aizlewood probably was!

Oi that was me!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oi that was me!!
    Damn! Another copyright infringement case:-)
  • Options

Remember away at Upton park when we were lodging there, went 1 up early on before it started raining, chants followed between us in the old south bank and them in the chicken run. "You're getting wet, you're getting wet, we ain't,we ain't" was one.
    Think the hammers in the chicken run responded with "we've got a ground, we've got a ground, you ain't, you ain't"
    Then " Number 1, Number 1, Number 1 at Upton Park, Number 1 at Upton Park" rang out from all the Charlton on the south bank!

Swiftly followed by the chicken run and their North bank with "we'll meet you at the station"

Touchy lot those hammers. Never can take a joke.
  • Options
    I was at Whitehawk yesterday and they sing from start to finish. I quite liked their song

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me
    10 Danny Mills
    9 Danny Mills
    8 Danny Mills
    7 Danny Mills
    6 Danny Mills
    F-I-v-e D-a-n-n-y M-i-l-l-s
    4 Danny Mills
    3 Danny Mills
    2 Danny Mills
    And a partridge in a Danny Mills
  • Options

I was at Whitehawk yesterday and they sing from start to finish. I quite liked their song

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me
    10 Danny Mills
    9 Danny Mills
    8 Danny Mills
    7 Danny Mills
    6 Danny Mills
    F-I-v-e D-a-n-n-y M-i-l-l-s
    4 Danny Mills
    3 Danny Mills
    2 Danny Mills
    And a partridge in a Danny Mills

That's terrible lol
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Oh, and "You can stick your f*cking record up your arse" to Huddersfield!

that was an absolute cracker of a night. also "43 games, you're having a laugh"

JiMMy 85 said:

It's simple and silly but I laughed most at "Get your handbag out the goal", which was directed at some no-mark goalkeeper in a pre-season friendly in the mid-90s. The ref promptly told the keeper in question to move his little bag away from the goal line.

was that a friendly? I thought it was a league game, don't think we played man city pre season. think it was "get your handbag off the line", mr weaver looked somewhat sheepish when the ref told him to shift it

also around the same time, possibly the same game I remember a very flag happy lino at the covered end end which led to us chanting "offside offside, offside offside" every time we were attacking

• Options
    After he left us but Jason Lee's pineapple used to amuse me on Fantasy Football. The pies physio who chucked them to the crowd was a reflection of good rapport. Some of the best I can't remember were spontaneous one offs. The cat? The fat bloke in JS giving it large? Liar left a bit.
    Was just telling my son about him, one of my favourite memories as a youngster was that physio, what was his name? 
  • Options
    This thread reminds me of a game - it might have been the Shrewsbury playoff away leg - where a home supporter with a couple of children in the home stand next to us got a bit heated in arguments with the away supporters, and got given a ticking off by the stewards

"You're not fit to be a dad"
  • Options
    Has 'Dennis is our Leader' appeared yet?
    I used to love that.
    In photofit fashion I described his curly hair and black rimmed glasses to a friend at school who could draw better than me, and then spent a year with his 'portrait' on one of my school books.
    Whenever I saw him at a match, I was kind of starstruck.
    Dennis had iconic status.
  • Options
    The best Charlton chants for me going back to those days were:

1. We all agree, Charlton Athletic are magic (already mentioned).

2. Give us a C, give us an H etc etc to 'What have you got? 'Charlton'. It always seemed to be the same voice that started it.
    At Wembley in 2019 I did it myself, making sure to do the 'T' in the old way, and was pleased to get a good 15-20 people 'replying' to each letter, and singing Charlton at the end.

I'd love to hear those properly again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can’t believe I missed this thread first time around. There are so many and most of them have been mentioned but my favourite spontaneous chant of all time has to be from the Fulham cup match … ‘Does your butler know you’re here’
  • Options
    The best Charlton chants for me going back to those days were:

1. We all agree, Charlton Athletic are magic (already mentioned).

2. Give us a C, give us an H etc etc to 'What have you got? 'Charlton'. It always seemed to be the same voice that started it.
    At Wembley in 2019 I did it myself, making sure to do the 'T' in the old way, and was pleased to get a good 15-20 people 'replying' to each letter, and singing Charlton at the end.

I'd love to hear those properly again.

I thought it spelt “Carlisle“ 😉
  • Options
    Liked "We all agree, Tesco's better than Harrods" at Fulham

Also "Who ate all the pies" at the fat physio who used to then lob a pie into the Covered End 🤣
  • Options
    Probably already been said, but how could I not mention , sing a song for Sebbo.
  • Options
    A game against Sunderland at the Valley was in doubt due to cracks found in the AC stand. The match went ahead and at one point we had one of those shots that to one part of the ground looks like it went in. The east jumped up celebrating our 'goal' then, as quick as a flash, 3k mackems started chanting "sit down before your stand falls down". Made me laugh
  • Options
    Probably already been said, but how could I not mention , sing a song for Sebbo.
    I didn’t realise this was a take on a song Exeter sing about one of their players who passed away. 

Always gets me when I see a video of this song though. 
  • Options
    A game against Sunderland at the Valley was in doubt due to cracks found in the AC stand. The match went ahead and at one point we had one of those shots that to one part of the ground looks like it went in. The east jumped up celebrating our 'goal' then, as quick as a flash, 3k mackems started chanting "sit down before your stand falls down". Made me laugh
    Cracks?

It's less than 20 years old. Has the problem been rectified?
  • Options
    Cracks?

It's less than 20 years old. Has the problem been rectified?
    This was in the early to mid 2000's, cracks in the steel roof supports were found and the game was in serious doubt. From memory, I think the cracks were found not to be serious and the game went ahead but I have no idea if the cracks were left or fixed at a later date.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Can anyone please fill in the blanks of the Elliott Lee song? 

I know the “he goes by the name of Elliott Lee” bit….