Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What if KR wins out the rest of the season? Stay or go?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Don't know who Airman could be talking about............. could it possibly be SCP.

If new owners then SCP for sure if still Roland then KR a change of manger would not help and given a close season and transfer window no excuse for another failure from the regime.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

As the Moody Blues used to sing 'Go now, go now, go now'.

Do a 'Zola' and retain some self respect Tarbuck ffs, you have failed massively.

He has not got the dough of Zola to afford losing the pay off.
  • Options
    His results between now and the end of the season should make no difference to whether he's let go or required to carry on. This Summer should be all about the new owners, the new strategy and the new squad. And Robinson's performance under the current owners, with their existing strategy (whatever that might be) and with this season's squad bear no relation to the changes that will take place between now and the start of 2017/18.

Does he deserve to be sacked? Probably, yes. Only on the basis that he's joined a club that has been sacking managers regularly for the last three and a half years so should have known what would be required to keep his job: an astonishingly rapid rise up the table. He should not have expected that scraping enough points to secure L1 status with just a few days of the season to go would be sufficient. In most cases it wouldn't be enough. In our case it really isn't.

Unless he gets another job in the meantime, I would expect him still to be here when the new owners take over; and to be relieved of his duties within 48 hours. He might consider himself a bit unlucky. He's not.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

As the Moody Blues used to sing 'Go now, go now, go now'.

Do a 'Zola' and retain some self respect Tarbuck ffs, you have failed massively.

He has not got the dough of Zola to afford losing the pay off.
    Nor the self-respect, footballing ability, track record or integrity.
  • Options
    Riga is the best manager we have had since scp and we should have signed him on a 3 year contract and backed him in the transfer market after he kept us up.
    Gobinson on the other hand is the most inept manager since scp apart from fraye and it looks like he might get some sort of backing.

Unbelievable Geoff as Chris Kamara might say.
    Just sell the club you incompetent old duffer and take Tarbuck with you.
  • Options

Riga is the best manager we have had since scp and we should have signed him on a 3 year contract and backed him in the transfer market after he kept us up.
    Gobinson on the other hand is the most inept manager since scp apart from fraye and it looks like he might get some sort of backing.

Damned by faint praise in a field that includes Karel, Karl, Slade and Luzon
  • Options

Damned by faint praise in a field that includes Karel, Karl, Slade and Luzon
    Yep
    That about sums it up perfectly
  • Options
    Personally I would like him to stay. I think I might be in the minority but I quite like him! At least he has got a bit of passion about him. You don't become a bad coach overnight (except possibly when you come to Charlton!) He definitely deserves another season and if it is true that he can bring his own players in, then I say give him a chance.
    Although IF there is a take over and old Belgium Bollocks does sell he might be 'down the road' making way for a new brush!
    COYR.............
  • Options
    Not sure I'd get too excited about him 'winning out' the season. Yes, he's done marginally better recently - the pressure was off and absolutely no chance of making the playoffs.

I think he's a prat, you think he's a prat, chances are the players all think he's a prat.

If we sell, he goes straight into the next container lorry to Wigan along with Barker, O'Loughlin, Meire, Keohanes, that appalling announcer and those dire fucking mascots.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    What I don't know is how well he was backed in the last window. I'm assuming, based on the evidence of every other window that he wasn't. I would have sacked him a few games ago to try and get the points we needed to stay up. Now that he has got them, I am unsure what is best. For all Robinson's mistakes, do I believe in the owner's ability to find a better manager and not a worse one? And I do believe there are worse ones!

Hopefully we will have new owners soon and they can decide what is best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unlike many, I quite like what Gobinson says in his press conferences even though a lot of it seems to be this weeks bullshit.

What I don't get is his fascination with moving to a new formation every 25 minutes.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Unlike many, I quite like what Gobinson says in his press conferences even though a lot of it seems to be this weeks bullshit.

What I don't get is his fascination with moving to a new formation every 25 minutes.

Simple, it's like playing battleships, eventually you'll get a successful hit.
  • Options

A new owner making a change would be very likely to appoint a manager with a track record of success at Charlton in this division, in my opinion.

On the face of it, Karl Robinson was a decent appointment. As was Slade.

And tbf they did try and recruit Chris Wilder until they revealed to him at the interview stage that they dreamed of a team of Rezas.
  • Options
    Assuming Roland remains owner I'd sooner Robinson - despite everything - stayed. Purely on the basis that if you keep sacking managers you never get anywhere. If a takeover occurs I'd expect a new appointment.

However, based on Schwarzer's nondescript waffling and a story in The Daily Mail it's not clear to me we're going to have a takeover.
  • Options
    Takeover - Powell

No takeover - Gobby knobby
  • Options
    If Roland does not sell up in the next month or two then Robinson might as well stay, as who really cares which manager is the one to take us down to the fourth tier next season.
  • Options
    Can't believe anyone wants the useless scouse twat to stay. I doubt anyone could have done a worse job than he has up to now with the squad he's got.

We've got steadily worse under him and he seems completely clueless.

Could we get a worse manager?
  • Options
    Although I started off liking his energy, after a while I ended up following the @Henry Irving mantra, 'just win matches'. I hadn't actually noticed how few he'd won until HI pointed it out.

But I guess if KR wins the next two he'll be able to argue that it's beginning to come together. Not sure I'm convinced about that though.

• Options

Can't believe anyone wants the useless scouse twat to stay. I doubt anyone could have done a worse job than he has up to now with the squad he's got.

The Belgians track record says they sack managers very easily when on a bad run, the scouser has stayed.

The Belgians have kept him as they are selling(imo) and do not need/want to sack him so they need to pay him off. They'll just leave that to the new owners.
  • Options

The Belgians track record says they sack managers very easily when on a bad run, the scouser has stayed.

The Belgians have kept him as they are selling(imo) and do not need/want to sack him so they need to pay him off. They'll just leave that to the new owners.
    Hope and suspect this is probably true

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two wins and a draw in the last 3. I think he stays, new owner or not. Just my guess.