Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World snooker Championship thread

Comments

• Options
    rina said:

loved watching that last frame from mcleod, don't think he had control of the white at any point but just kept potting ball after ball

That was one of the worst breaks I've ever seen. Cue ball control was non-existent.
  • Options

Feel a bit sorry for Trump. Would have a great chance of winning this year, but is clearly playing with a bad back. Any other tournament I think he would've pulled out

Bad shoulder....

Its a shame he has gone out, although Rory did play out of his skin and Trump not up to normal standards. Not too fussed but would have preferred to see Trump in next round, more exciting etc, Maguire has a decent shot now was 66/1 now gone into 20/1. Whether he can keep consistency is another question. Ronnie this eve should be a good one
  • Options
    When i lived in scotland i used to work with a guy called Lawrence Annandale, who used to coach kids and was something to do with the Scottish billiards association. He later was a referee who i saw on tv many times. He told me once that players often got the ball cleaned as it never got put back in exactly the same place and the millimetres moved helped the player, now they have that little device that slides up against the ball.

He told me once that there is some kid coming through to train from south queensferry who in a few years will blow everyone else away, his name was Stephen Hendry.

He also once had a cue in a vice and was cutting it in half. When i asked him who it belonged to he said John Spencer, and he showed me his actualy signature burnt into the but, he was fixing as he wasnt happy with it.
  • Options
    Well he certainly did blow everyone away, shame he couldnt sustain it anymore. I was rooting for him in the world seniors which Peter Lines won and got entry to World Champ qualifiers, will be nice to see him if he ever gets to the stage again. On the performance in world seniors its not going to happen.
  • Options
    A good recovery from Stuart Bingham. Was 5-0 down to Kyren Wilson but ended the 1st session of their 2nd round match 5-3
  • Options
    I used to gate crash the after party on Bank holiday Monday in The Grosvenor Hotel when I was a student in Sheffield some 20 years ago.

It was surprisingly easy to walk in at about 1am on my way back from a pub/club and have a chat with Jimmy White and a few others who were still going at that time.
  • Options
    Ronnie giving a snooker masterclass here so far
  • Options
    Ronnie was in the mood yesterday , hope he can keep that form for the whole tournament. only 1 century but 5 frame winning breaks 74 +, Murphy missed alot though especially towards the end and stole a frame too.

Put £10 on Robertson yesterday at 10/1 as with no trump on his side its opened up a bit and he looked in good nick, still think winners will likely be Ronnie/Selby but plenty who can win.

This morning Llang v Ding should be a good one and Wilson 5-3 Bingham, he was 5 up, Wilson in the past normally beats Ballrun surprisingly.
  • Options
    If you've not seen Murphy's shot yet then watch it now. Jaw droopingly good

• Options
    That shot is not as hard as it looks and is actually easier than playing it off one cushion because it gives you a bit more margin for error.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rina said:

If you've not seen Murphy's shot yet then watch it now. Jaw droopingly good

Superb. As soon as he played it you knew shot of the championship was over
  • Options
    Watched Murphy's shot, was incredible. In other news Ronnie is through to quarters 13-7 , won with a mini session to spare around an hour today to get 3 frames. Next up Ding or Lliang, both he enjoys playing so would expect it to be similar. Still looking good
  • Options
    Come on Rory
  • Options
    big game early today just about to start Fu v Robertson.
  • Options
    O'Sullivan vs Ding starts at 10am. Could be a cracker!
  • Options
    Tried to place a bet on Fu to win the championship at 7-1 down in his first match. Hoping he doesn't pull it out the bag!
  • Options
    How did the Fu v Robertson match end up?

Started watching it at 8-8 round at my in-law's house and watched the first 2 really scrappy frames which Robertson then just as we were leaving, Fu had managed to put a really good break of 60 odd (may have been more as we walked out then) and looked like he was just starting to get some form back.

Was strange seeing Robertson take his time walking around the table. He's usually pretty quick to get down on his shots. Seemed like he was over-thinking everything.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Robertson took the first two frames of that final session but looked pretty shaky. plenty of errors. Fu then came back at him and just seemed more calmer. Robertson looked as you say as if he was over thinking things and you could see it was getting to him. Fu won 13-11

Fu plays Selby next.
  • Options
    Ding has started brilliantly. 3 up so far.
  • Options
    Now three all with a re spotted black now playing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4-3 to Ding.
  • Options
    4-4 Second session tonight
  • Options
    so annoying when i am at work and snooker is on :( especially Ronnie, i was watching updates score wise but would be too obvious to have the match up. Didn't think it would be this open, hopefully he reigns it in a bit as you don't really need to fight fire with fire for example just all out attack as much as its fun to watch.

Lost match last night i gave 21 start, lost on black ball leaving it over the pocket. played awful kept leaving them over the pockets for him. Night before i had a few frames and was hitting 25+ in each frame and mate was funny game last night scraped a 16/20 but didnt play anywhere to the same standard
  • Options
    Rocket in a battle here at five all.
  • Options
    As often happens to him at the Crucible, Ronnie's head appears to be all over the place this evening
  • Options
    Whoa! Ding's in the lead - come on Ronnie!
  • Options
    Ronnie not really on it tonight - but Ding playing out of his skin!
  • Options

I love watching O'Sullivan play, he is without doubt the greatest snooker player that's ever lived, but he is a twat of a human being. Throwing his toys out of the pram because he's been warned about future conduct by the WPBSA. Murphy was right to criticise him. You can't just say/do whatever you want & have no repercussions

Until he overtakes Hendry and Davis he ain't the greatest player that ever lived.
    Mental strength is part of the equation I'm afraid.
    Mental strength I believe is his major weakness
  • Options
    10-6 to Ding. Final session tomorrow afternoon
  • Options
    4 minute century from Ronnie to finish in:

I couldn't care less mood :-)