Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SCP or Curbs

2»

Comments

• Options
    Personally I prefer Kenny Jackett. Sorry not being difficult, but his scouting team is excellent and his football is better than all of them.
  • Options
    Neither
  • Options
    I'd stop living in the past and look to the future!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

If the future is Roland, Katrien and Robinson, no thank you.
  • Options
    Joint managers, Mr tactics and Mr Motivator
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Simple question - if we got new owners and they could only deliver one option would you prefer

SCP as manager
    Or
    Curbs as Director of Football

Would have to be Powell. Curbishley been out of the game too long IMO
  • Options
    Why are those the only options? Cant we have Curbs as manager?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Why are those the only options? Cant we have Curbs as manager?

Or Dowie
  • Options
    I've thought about this many times. What would I do if I took over.

SCP as manager is a certain. The man has unfinished business here and every time he returns he further cements his legend status.

I would form a 'football advisory committee' which would advise me and the board on football matters. This would include the manager and his staff but I'd also like Keith Peacock, Lennie and Curbs involved.

I would break the bank to get Les Reed back and build us the best backroom setup in the country. The best scouting, analysis, medical department, academy, facilities, coaching and this would all be pulling together for the benefit of the first team.

It would be clear to Powelly that these people are here to support him and oversee areas of the club on a day to day basis. They aren't there to go over his head.

Varney CEO obviously.

This doesn't guarantee a successful first team but it sets the foundations for the club to grow.
  • Options

I've thought about this many times. What would I do if I took over.

SCP as manager is a certain. The man has unfinished business here and every time he returns he further cements his legend status.

I would form a 'football advisory committee' which would advise me and the board on football matters. This would include the manager and his staff but I'd also like Keith Peacock, Lennie and Curbs involved.

I would break the bank to get Les Reed back and build us the best backroom setup in the country. The best scouting, analysis, medical department, academy, facilities, coaching and this would all be pulling together for the benefit of the first team.

It would be clear to Powelly that these people are here to support him and oversee areas of the club on a day to day basis. They aren't there to go over his head.

Varney CEO obviously.

This doesn't guarantee a successful first team but it sets the foundations for the club to grow.

Ohh and I'd name the bins after Roland, Katrien, Thomas and Karel!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What are you going on to name the bogs after then?
  • Options
    We don't deserve either , too many fucktard fans
  • Options

What are you going on to name the bogs after then?

Good point. Although the bogs are in the building and that place is far to food for them. If we had an outside toilet that would work...
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Kenny Jackett, is the man that I want in charge.

I agree.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Kap10 said:

No they are the present, surprised you never noticed.
  • Options
    Who ever would be the manager Curbs, Powell, Jacket as some people have suggested they will not hit the ground running 1st season IMO. The club is broken, it will take a bit of time putting a decent scouting structure in place.

Curbs took a few seasons of gradual building according to our finances at the time. Powell had been here a half season and there was a scouting structure in place and time to plan.

Anyone fresh in will likely need more time than a couple of months. Unless they fall lucky or given a very large budget to buy Championship players. When CP recruited he got the best of Div1 primarily, are these players now as obvious as that time?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

No they are the present, surprised you never noticed.
    I used the word if, surprised you never noticed
  • Options
    I feel like we start a new one of these every week.

Neither.

Curbs has been out of coaching for a decade. I don't think coming back here is the right move for us or Powell, we can't just pretend the last three years didn't happen, things don't work like that.

Ideally we would get someone young and hungry with an understanding of the modern game. That said, I do not see a British version of that fits the mould that would be a realistic prospect.