Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

He doesn't have any money.

When he sold just one of his businesses for £480m!

He's founder of Momatu a digital
    He's director of Essendon FC
    He's Founder and Director of The Good Foundation and Jamie's Ministry of Food (Australia)
    He's Co-Founder of Pet Care Super Centre

He was CEO, Executive Chairman and then the Chairman of the Good Guys before selling the brand on for £480m.

His education was pretty solid too:
    Harvard Business School
    Advanced Management Program
    La Trobe University
    Bachelor of Economics
    University of New England (AU)
    Postgraduate Diploma of Financial Management
  • Options

It's no surprise to me that Muir doesn't want a majority stake.
    If he had wanted one, I should imagine that there has been ample opportunity to do so.
    Especially when one considers the rumours about delays, due to investors withdrawing/being excluded etc etc and then needing to search for replacement investors.

Can't say I blame him either, I have no idea why anyone would want to own a football club.

Setting fire to your money would make as much financial sense, it'd be a lot less stressful too!
  • Options
    Has anyone got a link to the company that was reputedly set up as a vehicle for the purcase? Would be interesting to see current/past directorships.
  • Options

Has anyone got a link to the company that was reputedly set up as a vehicle for the purcase? Would be interesting to see current/past directorships.

Echidna Acquisitions, it’s a new company:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11336951
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Still just one director listed
  • Options
    Moshiri and the Ursanovs nephews.
    Plus Muir?.How can they be called the Australian football consortium?.

• Options

Scoham said:

Thanks. Enquiries ongoing.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Money's Too Tight To Mention - Simply Red

Money's Too Tight To Mention - The Valentine Brothers (the original by the writers of the song :wink: )
    and that warrants a flag?
    I didn't flag you mate ? ............ or if I have I certainly didn't intend to, I've never flagged anyone (to my knowledge) If I have am I able to take it off ?

It was just a bit of fun on my part ending up with the Blackpool 72 comment
  • Options
    I liked the bit in Cawley’s tweet when he said - no timescales. We already know it’s gonna happen in the next 5 years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

He doesn't have any money.

When he sold just one of his businesses for £480m!

He's founder of Momatu a digital
    He's director of Essendon FC
    He's Founder and Director of The Good Foundation and Jamie's Ministry of Food (Australia)
    He's Co-Founder of Pet Care Super Centre

He was CEO, Executive Chairman and then the Chairman of the Good Guys before selling the brand on for £480m.

His education was pretty solid too:
    Harvard Business School
    Advanced Management Program
    La Trobe University
    Bachelor of Economics
    University of New England (AU)
    Postgraduate Diploma of Financial Management
    But what has he ever done for us?
    Brought peace?
  • Options

Money's Too Tight To Mention - The Valentine Brothers (the original by the writers of the song :wink: )
    I didn't flag you mate ? ............ or if I have I certainly didn't intend to, I've never flagged anyone (to my knowledge) If I have am I able to take it off ?

I know but JBlock did
  • Options

I know but JBlock did
    I'm confused, what he flagged you for Money's too tight Simply Red ?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

"Echidnas are very timid animals. When they feel endangered they attempt to bury themselves or if exposed they will curl into a ball..." (wiki)

That's a good fit to our playing style at times in recent years.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Interesting reading the pdf of the Certificate of Corporation attached that it says that they do not expect one person to have overall control ie 51% of the holdings. Confirms what we already believed.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    That frequently re-placed bottle of bubbly is about to get opened again:-0
  • Options
    cblock said:

That frequently re-placed bottle of bubbly is about to get opened again:-0

Noooooooooo
  • Options
    It has been drunk and replaced with another one
  • Options
    I have to admit I’m getting a tad excited.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh god. I've posted that 'It's Happening' gif so many times on this thread now, it's lost all meaning. I think I've got one more left in me though. It'll be my last though so I have to pick my moment.
  • Options

Oh god. I've posted that 'It's Happening' gif so many times on this thread now, it's lost all meaning. I think I've got one more left in me though. It'll be my last though so I have to pick my moment.

Please note my deft avoidance of timescale.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Folks, I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it, but it’s going to happen soon!

So you can pick up a prediction date here, and win an all time classic football book, signed by some random Millwall fan.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3260010#Comment_3260010

Sorry for cross post, but this is sale relevant:

GM met the Belgian fella Lieven yesterday, and said ‘he was very happy’. Lieven that is. That might mean progress was made on the documentation.

The good news from the meeting was that HMRC seem to be satisfied.

The season ticket/bank issue is just prudence in the face of recent uncertainty. No massive deal.

GM is getting ready to start work at The Valley. That’s good news imho. Meire is going to be a tough act to follow ;-)

I get the feeling it’s not far away now. It was only a week ago that the rumour went out the Aussies had formally pulled out. Of course that was bullsh*t, but would still love to know where that rumour came from, as it led to me increasing my ‘pest’ quotient, again :-(

In addition, some personal stuff I can’t divulge means that the Aussies feel it’s definitely happening - it’s ‘when’, rather than ‘if’.

Full respect to GM for leaking zilch re negotiations since May 18th, btw.

Hmmm.

Some " personal stuff" eh ?

So, Jimbo, is it the CEO's desk or the FD's desk for you ?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Please note my deft avoidance of timescale.
    Duly noted. My patience on such matters has been hardened like a callus over the last 1077 pages.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Folks, I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it, but it’s going to happen soon!

So you can pick up a prediction date here, and win an all time classic football book, signed by some random Millwall fan.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3260010#Comment_3260010

Sorry for cross post, but this is sale relevant:

GM met the Belgian fella Lieven yesterday, and said ‘he was very happy’. Lieven that is. That might mean progress was made on the documentation.

The good news from the meeting was that HMRC seem to be satisfied.

The season ticket/bank issue is just prudence in the face of recent uncertainty. No massive deal.

GM is getting ready to start work at The Valley. That’s good news imho. Meire is going to be a tough act to follow ;-)

I get the feeling it’s not far away now. It was only a week ago that the rumour went out the Aussies had formally pulled out. Of course that was bullsh*t, but would still love to know where that rumour came from, as it led to me increasing my ‘pest’ quotient, again :-(

In addition, some personal stuff I can’t divulge means that the Aussies feel it’s definitely happening - it’s ‘when’, rather than ‘if’.

Full respect to GM for leaking zilch re negotiations since May 18th, btw.

Hmmm.

Some " personal stuff" eh ?

So, Jimbo, is it the CEO's desk or the FD's desk for you ?
    I’d make a very good head of catering. I think someone’s already nabbed the CEO’s role.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!