Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1797, Horatio Nelson loses his right arm at the battle of Santa Cruz.
  • Options
    I wonder what sort of update there will be at the FF tomorrow.

a. this is seriously close now and will likely be concluded within a week or 2

b. usual, there are 3 interested buyers and we are still negotiating with them, proce agreed with 1, 2 in DD blah blah blah

c. depressing message about little progress.

or something else ?
  • Options
    Fcuk all is going to happen. 
    Please please prove me wrong 
  • Options
    I wonder what sort of update there will be at the FF tomorrow.

a. this is seriously close now and will likely be concluded within a week or 2

b. usual, there are 3 interested buyers and we are still negotiating with them, proce agreed with 1, 2 in DD blah blah blah

c. depressing message about little progress.

or something else ?
    Definitely think it will be B) and they are still talking to the Aussies / waiting for paperwork
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    @nth london addick
    as a perennial dismisser of the Aussies financial abilities, could you kindly explain why and how you are so sure? Ta
    As I said earlier, their website touting for investors is a decent clue.
    Is it though?? If that’s all he’s got to go on, that’s flaky at best. You can never have too much money. It’s certainly not an indicator that they haven’t got enough to proceed 
    I asked about that a few weeks ago, and it's nothing to do with current financing, it's potentially for future financing opportunities, further down the line. I believe Sunderland have just accepted new investment, for example. How it works exactly, I have no idea. Not ‘aggressively’ seeking backing though. 

Also, as has been mentioned, GM is the man behind the consortium, but he's not an investor as far as I'm aware. Never asked tbh, but always assumed not. He does all the negotiating.
    May I politely suggest he's probably in the wrong job then James! He didn't go to the 'Theresa May School of Negotiation Techniques' did he?  ;)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It is possible to get an even worse owner than RD.....
    I'd like to say no, but then I guess we could have had the Oyston's. He stitched them right up.
    Don't forger, the Oyston who actually signed Blackpool, before giving them to his son, did time for rape...
  • Options

With all this takeover is immanent again bollox I wondered to myself when the next fans forum is.......??  tomorrow I hear you cry - now there's a surprise.

Season tickets to shift.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    @nth london addick
    as a perennial dismisser of the Aussies financial abilities, could you kindly explain why and how you are so sure? Ta
    Is it though?? If that’s all he’s got to go on, that’s flaky at best. You can never have too much money. It’s certainly not an indicator that they haven’t got enough to proceed 
    I asked about that a few weeks ago, and it's nothing to do with current financing, it's potentially for future financing opportunities, further down the line. I believe Sunderland have just accepted new investment, for example. How it works exactly, I have no idea. Not ‘aggressively’ seeking backing though. 

Also, as has been mentioned, GM is the man behind the consortium, but he's not an investor as far as I'm aware. Never asked tbh, but always assumed not. He does all the negotiating.
    May I politely suggest he's probably in the wrong job then James! He didn't go to the 'Theresa May School of Negotiation Techniques' did he?  ;)
    Must have done ;-)

If he had then the deal would have been concluded straight away with the Australian consortium agreeing to everything Roly demanded including a carriage pulled by kangaroos.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    @nth london addick
    They were also aggressively looking for investors after initially filing EFL paperwork, once again suggesting funds were not in place.

I have no idea of NLAs sources but I very much doubt he'd just make stuff up for a laugh.
    Which is why I asked NLA. He has been so adamant I assume he has some concrete evidence

Many moons ago i put out on here my source, was from within the RD camp itself and was proven right as its been 2 yrs gone and over 15 months since i first put out they have no money . My very good pal is a coach at one of RD's clubs and was present to conversations, I was also told by people here that the Aussie bid had not raised the required funds. The concrete you are searching for is that they still dont have the money to fund the losses the club makes. however they may have now found the money to purchase the club, this imo is due to the price being greatly reduced as RD is now fed up with
    I think the EFL want proof of funds for two years running costs (losses?).
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    @nth london addick
    They were also aggressively looking for investors after initially filing EFL paperwork, once again suggesting funds were not in place.

I have no idea of NLAs sources but I very much doubt he'd just make stuff up for a laugh.
    Which is why I asked NLA. He has been so adamant I assume he has some concrete evidence

Many moons ago i put out on here my source, was from within the RD camp itself and was proven right as its been 2 yrs gone and over 15 months since i first put out they have no money . My very good pal is a coach at one of RD's clubs and was present to conversations, I was also told by people here that the Aussie bid had not raised the required funds. The concrete you are searching for is that they still dont have the money to fund the losses the club makes. however they may have now found the money to purchase the club, this imo is due to the price being greatly reduced as RD is now fed up with
    I think maybe that is for SCMT protocols in League One. In FFP, which applies in The Championship, it purely looks backwards.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    @nth london addick

I think maybe that is for SCMT protocols in League One. In FFP, which applies in The Championship, it purely looks backwards.
    It’s a requirement for buying a club isn’t it? Separate from FFP/SCMT?
  • Options
    so... no news on any of our incoming signings and still no confirmation on aribo. and takeover close rumours... what's going on? anything? could our targets change once a deal is done? could we have a chance of retaining aribo? ir are we delaying the announcement of aribo until say oztumer is wrapped up ?  
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Ferryman said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    @nth london addick

It’s a requirement for buying a club isn’t it? Separate from FFP/SCMT?
    Rings a bell. Could not find it online but I think you may be right.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Rob said:
    Dave2l said:
    Is Richard Murrary stopping the club from getting sold?

I know Roland comes out with some absolute waffle...and almost everything he says and does is utterly ridiculous.

I'm starting to believe Murrary is playing a much bigger part in this.

Quite possibly the biggest snake of them all.

I fear he is stopping the club from being sold.

His behaviour absolutely stinks.

The lies.

The tactical words....the quietness.

What has he done to the club????
    What motive would he have?
    The blokes a snake.

I know he sabotaged Peter Varney's investment approach 3/4 years ago.

It all kind of adds up to be honest.

His behaviour has been very very odd throughout the last 5+ years.

The deflection of blame and responsibility - RM is good at it.  
    But, what does he gain by doing it? That’s what I’m not quite getting. 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    @nth london addick

Many moons ago i put out on here my source, was from within the RD camp itself and was proven right as its been 2 yrs gone and over 15 months since i first put out they have no money . My very good pal is a coach at one of RD's clubs and was present to conversations, I was also told by people here that the Aussie bid had not raised the required funds. The concrete you are searching for is that they still dont have the money to fund the losses the club makes. however they may have now found the money to purchase the club, this imo is due to the price being greatly reduced as RD is now fed up with it and wants shot
    Thanks NLA

but the coach of one of RDs other clubs being close to negotiations on the sale of CAFC ???  Sounds as implausible as a group of businessmen proceeding to purchase a football club which they can’t afford to run!
  • Options
    Yes. The hedge fund manager at Coventry,
    or the dreaded Father and son at Blackpool until recently. Only two out of 90 though !
  • Options
    1797, Horatio Nelson loses his right arm at the battle of Santa Cruz.
    Serious question from the soapbox ?

Why didn't Horatio take off his Red Jacket  in combat ?  He was a sitting target.
    The opposition were given a bonus to hit the great sailor.

Bizarre.

• Options
    So you're saying Stephen Marks is buying us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes. The hedge fund manager at Coventry,
    or the dreaded Father and son at Blackpool until recently. Only two out of 90 though !
    Wasn't it father and daughter?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So you're saying Stephen Marks is buying us?
    More likely to be Frank Spencer.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Can anyone explain the following?

The Aussies arrived on the scene in April 2017.

Some time later RD & the Aussies made a joint statement on the O/S saying a price had been agreed & the price agreement has been repeated numerous times.

The price was alleged to have been around £65M and other offers in excess of £33M have been turned away.

The Aussies filed papers with the EFL and turned up at last seasons play offs wearing scarves. 

Yet another year later it is suggested they had & still have the funds to proceed, but the price has mysteriously halved to what was agreed and yet they still haven't done the deal at half the agreed price and are possibly arguing over a £7M figure. 
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    @nth london addick

Makes me wonder if that's why RD keeps going on about low running costs being important to selling. Doesn't bode well.
  • Options
    Can anyone explain the following?
    The Aussies arrived on the scene in April 2017. Their website at the time said they had £33M to buy a club.

Some time later RD & the Aussies made a joint statement on the O/S saying a price had been agreed & this has been repeated numerous times.

The price was alleged to have been around £65M and other offers have been turned away.

The Aussies filed papers with the EFL and turned up at last seasons play offs wearing scarves. 

Yet another year later it is suggested they had & still have the funds to proceed, but the price has mysteriously halved to what was agreed and yet they still haven't done thr deal at half the agreed price and are possibly arguing over a £7M figure. 
      Don't remember £33m being stated anywhere. 
     They were still looking for capital when I spoke to them and that was long after they first came on the scene. Late Summer 2017 I think.
    £5m would have got you a seat at the table back then.
      The ownership structure they had come up with was always going to create problems.
     A couple of £5-10 m investees walk away because they don't like the sound of something and they're scratching around again. Would have been a bloody nightmare had they managed to buy the club first!

Although they sounded like a nice bunch, the whole Aussie thing sounded like another bloody experiment.
  • Options
    So price for the club agreed I’m assuming? 

Debating Loans and whole payment/staggered payments I’m guessing.

Feels like that shouldn’t be too much of an issue but at this point I don’t even know.
  • Options
    Ultimatum said:

Quite like that he takes the time to reply to me (I’m sure he would anyone else). His hopes of it not happening seem to be dwindling away
    He’s replied to myself that’s why I follow him, he sounds less confident than he did a couple of weeks ago.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!