Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    2007, The Addicks are relegated from The Premier League, Kent win The T20 Cup, & Christopher Biggins wins I'm a Celebrity.
  • Options
    2007, The Addicks are relegated from The Premier League, Kent win The T20 Cup, & Christopher Biggins wins I'm a Celebrity.
    We have been plane sailing since

• Options
    I could have started on of those "Bent Signs" threads but I didn't.

At least one CAFC have been sold and to local fans too

https://www.crewealex.net/news/2019/october/club-statement----gresty-holdings/
  • Options
    At the number one fans group meeting last night AM implied that Steve Gallen is the go to person for just about everything now and that LDT is no longer around.
    Must have missed this, is LDT no longer taking takeover talks and Gallen running things with prospective buyers? 
  • Options
    LWT - lightweight dick tucker 
  • Options
    ?
  • Options
    ?
    ^tugger sorry . Lightweight dick tugger aka wanker 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Number 1 fans group had Gallen 14 months ago before he got big time, he's so last year now  : - )

Seriously, he will be a great guest.

Don't think SG is officially CEO yet but imho is de facto.

AM said SG speaks direct to RD.
    A
    Richard Murray is at the training ground weekly as well as at all home and most away games
  • Options
    Number 1 fans group had Gallen 14 months ago before he got big time, he's so last year now  : - )

A
    Richard Murray is at the training ground weekly as well as at all home and most away games
    Ah, yes, he was simply made a "director" in a change at Companies House, is that right?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    SG may have a significant role in the running of the club now, but he won't be dealing with any prospective bidders which presumably will still be down to LDT or RD directly, with maybe Murray as an initial intermediary.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Edit: removed
  • Options
    edited October 2019

A
    Ah, yes, he was simply made a "director" in a change at Companies House, is that right?
    Correct.

Not de jure but de facto I think is the Latin.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    https://youtu.be/RNQDZG8rceQ

Apologies for the quality....
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    SG may have a significant role in the running of the club now, but he won't be dealing with any prospective bidders which presumably will still be down to LDT or RD directly, with maybe Murray as an initial intermediary.

SG: “Roland! Great news my friend, some rich bidders have met your asking price and want to close quickly! Please just sign here...”

RD: “Ah Shteve this is errrr very good. Let me just get my taped up biro. Errrr Shteve this says ‘a sum of one-five million’. This is not errrr my asking price errrr...”

SG: “Roland, they are the Arabic buyers. They just write right to left sometimes. Just sign on the dotted line and we will take care of it from there.”

RD: “Ah thank you Shteve again errrr for all of errrr your help.”
  • Options
    Just passing on what AM said re Murray.

Agree on SGs lack of experience but that never seemed to stop the last CEO and she did ever so well....oh, hang on.  

SG is a far more capable person but how far his role extends isn't clear. Maybe a question for the Trust AGM.

In any case I been told since LDT is still around.

Others at the meeting took the same inference from what was said but perhaps we were wrong and misunderstood. Maybe Driesen is the Belgian who is no longer around.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Just passing on what AM said re Murray.

Agree on SGs lack of experience but that never seemed to stop the last CEO and she did ever so well....oh, hang on.  

SG is a far more capable person but how far his role extends isn't clear. Maybe a question for the Trust AGM.

In any case I been told since LDT is still around.

Others at the meeting took the same inference from what was said but perhaps we were wrong and misunderstood. Maybe Driesen is the Belgian who is no longer around.
    Well, I obviously wasn’t there so I’m speculating, but  I imagine Andy Marshall - like most football people in my experience - sees looking after that side as the job and the business side as an add-on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite possibly
  • Options
    I think it was said that Murray attends SOME away games.
  • Options
    Can concur that RM is rarely at away games.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    I thought they were referring to driesden during the meeting, LDT had not crossed my
    mind
  • Options
    I thought they were referring to driesden during the meeting, LDT had not crossed my
    mind
    Were you at the meeting, @Athletico Charlton?  

Did anyone else come away with the impression that the conversation was about Driesen and not LDT?  

It seems a bit confusing all round.  Why would LDT suddenly have dropped out of the central position of handling the sale of the club?  Why would Steve Gallen - who has done a fantastic job purely on the football side - be considered for the CEO role, which is (or should be) about running everything to do with the business, except the football side?  

I can totally understand the comment that Dreisen is no longer involved, as Athletico_Charlton seems to have understood.  Can anyone confirm that it was LDT that was said no longer to be involved? 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I asked what additional duties Gallen now has.
    Marshall said he was now the go to man for everything, but bear in mind Marshall & JJ only deal with football matters.
    Marshall and or JJ mentioned the Belgian no longer being around.
    I assume that Gallen deals with most everything on the football side & probably LDT is dealing with the sale, but possibly not much else.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!