Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:

J BLOCK said:

Addickted said:

Pretty certain they will be Middle Eastern

Educated guess or ...
    She's Dubai based.

Who
  • Options
    Amanda Staveley.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Addickted said:

Amanda Staveley.

Just realised you're talking about Newcastle
    You thought 300 million for us?
    Didn't read the posts above
  • Options
    300 million chips more like.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Addickted said:

J BLOCK said:

Addickted said:

Pretty certain they will be Middle Eastern

Educated guess or ...
    She's Dubai based.

Who
    Katrien
  • Options
    Does anyone know of a knitting circle they’d recommend?
  • Options
    Find it odd that Cawley hasn't said a peep about the current goings on.

Seem to remember him going straight on to BBC London earlier in the year when there was the first Rumblings of the Belgians looking to get out.
    Has he been given some sort of exclusivity right when the story does finally break?
  • Options

Seem to remember him going straight on to BBC London earlier in the year when there was the first Rumblings of the Belgians looking to get out.
    Has he been given some sort of exclusivity right when the story does finally break?

Nah he turned up at KM's office to ask but got caught in a landslide of hardly worn shoes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2017

No. As I said before the sources are away from the club, which makes it difficult.
  • Options
    Angel Dust on other forum says one buyer out as RD wanted to keep the Valley stadium or share in club.Another buyer interested but can't agree price.
  • Options

Angel Dust on other forum says one buyer out as RD wanted to keep the Valley stadium or share in club.Another buyer interested but can't agree price.

Sounds like, from what Angel Dust is saying, the second bidder is aware of how slippery a customer RD is and wants him gone completely. Perhaps they are getting some advice from someone that knows him well ?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    How credible is Angeldust ? Wasn’t he involved with club at one point ? If he’s right then I think we could be in bother.
  • Options
    This latest news is all a bit worrying.
  • Options
    He is wrong as many times as he is right.
  • Options
    I have also heard that a serious problem has blown up between the two major parties.
  • Options

If this is a wind up you have pitched it perfectly. My uncontrollably shaking hand salutes you
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

How credible is Angeldust ? Wasn’t he involved with club at one point ? If he’s right then I think we could be in bother.

Two sheds retaining The Valley isn't necessarily the end of the world as long as the contract is watertight. For example RD charges 'x' per year rent on a very secure lease with an escape clause along the lines of 'The freehold in its entirety would transfer to 'Charlton Athletic Football Club Limited' if and when CAFC attain Premier League status for a fixed price of 'y'.

That gives any new owner working capital that isn't tied up in property until such time as they can buy the freehold from the first year's Prem money - we could come up for one season, not spend a penny, bank the TV money, pay for the ground etc...

The devil as always is in the detail.
    Absolutely agree. But perhaps someone has just moved the goalposts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oh that keyunt is gonna hang around like a bad smell forever

far cough roly i don't wanna drink any more belgian beer out there
  • Options
    so they want to sell the goalposts now - cunning Belgians
  • Options

so they want to sell the goalposts now - cunning Belgians

They may as well as we can't hit them.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Told you it was all lies, Proves what I said that nothing was happening was true.

Seriously, doesn't sound good but was Duchalelet every going to be reasonable?

We shall have to see if this is a negotiating position from Roland to get a little extra money which can be sorted out or a total collapse of the deal with one of the two parties.

Once again, this isn't just Airman saying it but another source too.

WIOTOS
  • Options

I fear this could need another protest to Belgium to convince him to keep his hands off the valley and away from any future involvement.

I'm in.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!