Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Game of the season.....our opportunity to kick the regime in the teeth

2»

Comments

• Options

Btw... what have CARD said about last game of the season?

Its a big deal!
  • Options
    I'm sure that somewhere in China 2,000+ miniature kangaroos have been shipped to a secret location in South East London, an arsenal of 100 smoke bombs and flares and lots of wobble boards....can you guess where they will end up yet...?
  • Options
    Think CARD have a problem until Swindon's fate is known. If they come to The Valley needing points to survive then I'm sure a lot that CARD is planning will have to be put on hold. Not to say some protests won't happen but anything affecting the match won't happen.
  • Options
    Worth considering?

Fans throw dead rats at player during Copenhagen derby

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39626712

• Options

The version by the Pogues?

Bugger that it's 12 minutes long !!!! :smile:

Anyway as my boycott continues I can play it while checking the scores
  • Options

We couldn't get anywhere near 20,000 for the Keith Palmer commemoration game.

Are you saying the Swindon game is more important?

Sorry, we wouldn't get 20,000 in the ground if we had just won the League...

Spot on that's what I was thinking

• Options

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqN1glz4JY

Gallipoli. It's just over 8 minutes in this version.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2017
    20k for a game that is pretty much meaningless to us now? No chance.

Even if we had a good season in the playoff positions or better I doubt we would have had a single 20K crowd all year.

We had a shade over 21K for the play off semi against the same team in 2010, and that was without anyone actively boycotting/protesting, so what makes you think this time would be any different?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Not sure I would call the game "meaningless".

I abandoned my own boycott for the Spanners game. Other than that, I went to Bury & Cheltenham away at the start of the season & Wimbledon with family who are STs there. Nothing else. For someone who has been going since he was 4, who followed to Selhurst & Upton Parks, had a 10 year ticket & then the follow up 5 & 4 year tickets giving that up, even just the home games, has been a huge deal. BUT, what these idiots have done to OUR club has meant that I haven't even seriously thought twice about being at home when a game is going on down the road. I never thought I would feel that way.

I am back in the UK on the Friday and will take part in any protest on the Sunday. At the moment I am still unsure about whether to attend the game, but I agree that Jacko deserves a brilliant send off (if indeed this is his last game for us)...and Roly, Latrien & the lackeys deserve a send off!! It certainly isn't meaningless!
  • Options

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqN1glz4JY

Gallipoli. It's just over 8 minutes in this version.
    Haven't the time to listen @ 2.05am, I guess this is the album version ? Funny I always thought it was 12 minutes, possibly they stretched it out at a gig. Even remember talking to a mate about the 12 minute version, ah well it was years ago, probably too fcuked up to time anything :smile:
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Sensei said:

I was going to attend the Keith Palmer match but decided against it after the Sue Parks rant. I also thought that the SMT might have tried to exploit the situation although, in fairness, I don't think that they did.

The Swindon match will be different - an inflated home attendance will mean just one thing, a clear, unequivocal protest that the club will be unable to exploit or dilute.

I have boycotted and will continue to do so, this one match apart, until KM and RD depart. If all other boycotters attend the Swindon match then the protest will be significant and as also mentioned sends a clear message to potential purchasers that the fan base remains intact.

This thread is probably moot as there's no chance of 20,000 against Swindon, however I can't follow the logic that it would somehow be embarrassing for the regime if it were to happen - they would simply spin it that whilst it's been a rocky couple of years results on the pitch (I.e. Gillingham and Southend) they are getting back to where they need to be and so are our attendances and they are going to spend the offseason making sure that the club is tight on and off the pitch. We know that's nonsense, but the wider media will report it as is and the 20k attendance figure will make it sound plausible to 99% of the population who aren't intimately acquainted with this regiemes bollocks.

• Options

I suspect a lot of people who have been staying away will come back for the last game of the season...

Really, be interesting to see the attendance.
    Been avoiding The Valley the last few weeks but I'll be going as it's likely to be Jackson's last match, the end of an era and the end of 'proper' Charlton.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Not sure I would call the game "meaningless".

I abandoned my own boycott for the Spanners game. Other than that, I went to Bury & Cheltenham away at the start of the season & Wimbledon with family who are STs there. Nothing else. For someone who has been going since he was 4, who followed to Selhurst & Upton Parks, had a 10 year ticket & then the follow up 5 & 4 year tickets giving that up, even just the home games, has been a huge deal. BUT, what these idiots have done to OUR club has meant that I haven't even seriously thought twice about being at home when a game is going on down the road. I never thought I would feel that way.

I am back in the UK on the Friday and will take part in any protest on the Sunday. At the moment I am still unsure about whether to attend the game, but I agree that Jacko deserves a brilliant send off (if indeed this is his last game for us)...and Roly, Latrien & the lackeys deserve a send off!! It certainly isn't meaningless!

it is a terrible indictment of the regime that that there are stories like the one above. I personally know someone (supporter since the 60s) who has been boycotting every home match and attends pre-match protests only then goes home! Sitting opposite Katrien Meire at a recent QandA I read nothing but contempt in her face and total incomprehension that there was any fault in the way the club was operating when faced with a critical line of questioning. More importantly, just like the history of the club she would not care if she were told of these stories of fans with life-long affinity now broken by her imposition of the RD model - just collateral damage as they steamroller on.

Since 1962 I have tried to attend every first home game of season and every last game even though have lived away from London since 1969. With heavy heart, I broke the tradition for Northampton at home this season. Will attend Swindon game but unless there is clear indication of them leaving it will be with very, very mixed emotions - there to support the team with the prospect only of a hollow 'victory' perhaps in that Meire will be advised to leave the ground 15 minutes before the end rather than witness the the full impact of the feelings of the majority of fans at the final whistle.
  • Options
    hopefully Swindon are already down as if there was to be on the pitch protests could turn ugly if we relegate Swindon.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Turn ugly? Why, will Iain Dowie be on the pitch?
  • Options
    As large as possible protest, and a noisy anti Roly and all the gang ground for the game would be fitting.
  • Options
    I'll be at the Swindon game, only my fourth game this season. If the Regime are still in place next season, it will probably be less if any.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Worth considering?

Fans throw dead rats at player during Copenhagen derby

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39626712

Can we throw our dirty old rat,maybe into the Thames?
  • Options

Think CARD have a problem until Swindon's fate is known. If they come to The Valley needing points to survive then I'm sure a lot that CARD is planning will have to be put on hold. Not to say some protests won't happen but anything affecting the match won't happen.

I couldn't care less about Swindon or their position in the table. They've had 45 other games to avoid getting relegated & so any protest/game disruption should go ahead - in fact it should be amplified as we could be on tv (like the Burnley game) and so will show the league we mean business. Sod it if it means our game finishes after everybody else's...........but then the ref can always blow his whistle early like he did last year !!!!
    I think the counter argument to this point of view is that we counted heavily on the co-operation of other clubs' supporters such as Brighton and Burnley for support when we needed it. We should, in my view, show similar courtesy to Swindon supporters, if this match affects their chances of avoiding relegation.
  • Options
    swindon will go down saturday if they lose to scunthorpe and bury get a point, bury are at home against northampton.

Swindon have to win both games to stay up and rely on others to slip up
  • Options
    The half time crossbar challenge should be Nicky Ajose.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The half time crossbar challenge should be Nicky Ajose.

yes, hanging from his knackers until some poor sap hits him !!
  • Options
    One of the most disappointing consequences of RD's ownership has been the divisions it has caused amongst supporters. There are those that support RD and there are those that don't. In my view the pro-RD camp seem to be oblivious to the long term problems which are stacking up under his ownership, they enjoy being contrary and too inclined to simply label any protestors as being unfaithful and somehow not 'real' supporters who always turn up, rain or shine, for better or for worse.

The anti-RD camp is even more complex with numerous opinions dividing supporters on how best to deal with RD :- pigs, marches, coffins, boycotts and taxis, but sharing a common belief that his continued ownership is detrimental to our Club.

Tactics aside and without being judgemental, would it really be a bad thing if we all joined together and turned up for the final match of the season? And to those who suggest otherwise I really don't think that the SMT will be able to imply that an increased home attendance for the final match is an endorsement of their continually embarrasing efforts at running our Club.