Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Adams at Granada

2»

Comments

• Options
    Great player but how has he been allowed to be exposed at coaching level so easily. I feel sorry for him cos Azerbaijan to La Ligue is embarrassing.
  • Options

Great player but how has he been allowed to be exposed at coaching level so easily. I feel sorry for him cos Azerbaijan to La Ligue is embarrassing.

But probably not a bad wage packet!
  • Options
    Lost 0-2 to Malaga
  • Options
    S'all gone a bit Radio Rental at Granada!
  • Options
    I suppose it could be argued that he hasn't made them any worse!
  • Options
    Hope he can turn it around, his sister lives in Portugal so its not too far away. I met him at his sisters wedding, lovely family. Spoke to him briefly and he was a nice bloke, i was only 18 but do keep in contact with his Son & sisters side of the family. Tough job on his hands, not sure how good his spanish is
  • Options
    Lost to Real Sociedad yesterday so relegation now confirmed for Adams and Granada.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    English managers in Spain: Why work on experience, tactics, nuanced training, or insight into the game when you can just be mates with the owners and get jobs that way.

No clue what Tony Adams did to even remotely deserve this job. Sad for Granada, beautiful city, but fitting that Adams is getting absolutely tonked. "Kicking some ass" is not a formation or tactic or pattern of play. It's an outdated '70s cliche.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apart from Roy Hodgson I can't think of any other British managers in recent years who have taken seriously the job of managing abroad.
  • Options
    I bet 'arry took his role as manager of Jordan, seriously.

Well, when it came to banking the cheque (cash, obviously) anyway
  • Options

Apart from Roy Hodgson I can't think of any other British managers in recent years who have taken seriously the job of managing abroad.

Apart from McClaren winning the Dutch league with Twente, you probably have to go way back to Bobby Robson to find an English manager who won anything of note.
  • Options

Apart from McClaren winning the Dutch league with Twente, you probably have to go way back to Bobby Robson to find an English manager who won anything of note.
    McClaren is a good example though. He won the Dutch league and went to Wolfsburg where he did not do well. But credit to him for having a go abroad. Better than what he's back to doing, making a living off of payouts from getting sacked, as just about every other English manager does.

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Better than what he's back to doing, making a living off of payouts from getting sacked, as just about every Charlton manager does.

Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    Seemed an impossible job really to keep them up, not the easy fixtures with only a few games. Give him a chance and see how he gets on, too early to say and would be harsh if he got sacked without the chance to put his own stamp on the club/ signings.
  • Options

Mark Warburton didnt do badly in the Scottish Championship with Rangers... Won the League with them?
  • Options

Mark Warburton didnt do badly in the Scottish Championship with Rangers... Won the League with them?
    Is the Scottish championship really a significant trophy? Not to mention he managed a club that probably had attendances higher than the rest of the league combined.