Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Open message to the lying, useless, stupid owner

edited April 2017 in General Charlton
As somebody who sacks managers for fun - some of them actually being quite decent, surely it is clear to even an idiot like you that you need to make a change to affect the dynamic and get us the few points we need to survive. Whatever the reasons and mitigations, Robinson lost the dressing room with his comments after Oxford and Shrewsbury and the crowd are well and truly lost. You have to change the dynamic and put somebody in now who a) Knows the club and players (no time to learn this) and b) who the crowd can rally behind so the pressure on the team is lessened.

Even somebody as thick as you couldn't identify anybody other than two candidates for this important role. Maybe given their inexperience, you give them a joint caretaker role. I can promise you, there will be a change it atmosphere if these two were in charge. We need this badly and we can't wait any longer.

Oh, I forgot how stupid you are - I need to name them! Jackson and Euell - There you go - both are Charlton heroes who will have the goodwill of supporters and who know the players. It may or may not work, but it is our only real hope at the moment - well that and hoping 4 teams do worse than us - but we do have to try not to rely on this!

Comments

• Options
    Chill Muttley, if Gobinson is in charge Saturday RD is selling the club.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I don't know, but something has to change and it is common sense to try and change something that is toxic. Jackson may be on his last legs as a player, but we respect him and it will cahnge the atmosphere - Having two Charlton men in charge may not be the long term solution - I don't know - but it certainly looks to be the obvious short term one! Either that or we get the fiddles out to play as the ship sinks and commander Robinson goes down with it saluting!
  • Options
    Remember Les Reed :wink:
  • Options
    Any chance we could tempt Nugent back from Barnet?
  • Options

Jackson isn't having much impact leading on the pitch! What makes you think he will from the dugout?

Other than the fact that on Saturday and last night the team conceded within minutes of him being substituted.....
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Any chance we could tempt Nugent back from Barnet?

Saw him on some Sky Sports challenge with the Barnet lads the other night.

Not sure what the challenge was mind, the volume was turned off as I was in a pub. Definitely beat making small talk with my mates missus though.
  • Options
    The Jackson - Euell idea is about the best one I've heard.
    Roly has to have something to gain from at least trying to stave off relegation, doesn't he?
    The sale price will be affected by the division for next season, stands to reason.
    The viability of the whole business is compromised by relegation.
    Sticking with the risible fat scouse gobshite means the club has to rely on at least 2 of 6 other teams accumulating 4 points or fewer from their remaining 5 or 6 games, cos Karl's incapable of finding any points from anywhere.
    Sacking him now won't guarantee anything of course, apart from perhaps playing more than Jacko in the middle against a 5 man visiting midfield or after he's been replaced giving the nominally defensive midfielder's role to Joe Aribo, poor kid.
    Jacko & Euell know their onions and evidently care for the club. Some of the rest of the squad, not many, have played with and for them for some years, so might buy into what J & E try to do. The last few games it's been deafeningly obvious that there isn't any man left in that squad who respects KR in any way, some try to get on with it as best they can and the majority jog about bewildered or disinterested.
    If Roly's not for selling after all or this current possibility fades away, we'll be seeing Congo Chris wheeled out as the next in roly's long line of saps. Come August it will be "Pozdrav i dobrodošli Nobby Vinegar!" as we greet Lincoln City's return to league football.
  • Options

Jackson isn't having much impact leading on the pitch! What makes you think he will from the dugout?

Other than the fact that on Saturday and last night the team conceded within minutes of him being substituted.....
    Grow up. He's not the answer. If Robinson leaves, which I doubt, the situation requires somebody short term to see us through the remainder of the season. Experience is key.
  • Options
    Russell Slade ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Gobbo goes, it'll be Congo Chris.
  • Options
    I don't think they would dare. The point has to be to change the dynamic in a positive way, not make it worse!
  • Options
    edited April 2017

If Gobbo goes, it'll be Congo Chris.

If Gobinson goes before any takeover is complete I'd bet on Congo Chris being installed as interim manager. If it's after a takeover then I think JJ would be a serious consideration to the end of the season assuming the new owners have done any sort of research and/or know anything about football.