Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A call to arms my fellow Addicks

And so begins an enormous five days in the history of our club.

Today marks the chance to pay our last respects to one of our own who died protecting the country. At times like this football is more than just a game. It is a time to remember a man who gave everything for our freedom and a man who loved the club just as we all do.

For every time we sing a song let it be about PC Palmer. For every time something goes wrong and we want to boo, sing a song for PC Palmer.

In Robinsons press interview the other day he was clearly very cut up about the whole situation and I expect the players were as well. Maybe we will see a reaction on the pitch tonight and maybe not. But what is more important tonight is the we, as fans, support the club tonight. There will be a lot of unfamiliar faces looking at the club tonight and it is important that we as fans behave impeccably . I am sure we will.

Then we move on to Saturday. The Upbeats day. This is a massive day in the calendar for them and whilst the match is undoubtedly important it is also theUpbeats biggest day of their season. Again the best thing we can do is make some noise and create a rocking atmosphere and let's see what transpires on the pitch.

Three points tonight would go a long way to securing our position in this division - then who knows what will happen over the summer. It's never been dull being a Charlton fan has it?!

So for tonight I think we should drop the "Athletic" part of our name - Tonight we are Charlton United.

RIP PC Palmer
COYA