Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chief Scout Steve Head leaves Charlton.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ajose, Novak, crofts, foley? Those players?
  • Options

Ajose, Novak, crofts, foley? Those players?

Ajose and Novak predated Slade as targets; Crofts and Foley were signed because they were free agents. Magennis might be a good example of someone Slade's man identified? But I'm guessing.
  • Options
    Oh you're right. Ajose and Novak were pre-Slade.

Magennis was a Slade team spot. I got the impression at the time, that Slade was afforded limited funds and failed to get in midfield options for whatever reason.

Was Holmes a Slade signing?
  • Options

Oh you're right. Ajose and Novak were pre-Slade.

Magennis was a Slade team spot. I got the impression at the time, that Slade was afforded limited funds and failed to get in midfield options for whatever reason.

Was Holmes a Slade signing?

No he also pre-dated Slade.

Novak was apparently convinced to join us by Slade.
  • Options
    I honestly didn't know we had a head scout, thought it was the Belgian kid that made all those choices.

Anyone know how many scouts we actually have that work for Charlton?
  • Options

I honestly didn't know we had a head scout, thought it was the Belgian kid that made all those choices.

About 10 per cent.
  • Options
    You have to wonder if the signings mentioned were pre slade, he may have been influencing before actually signing up for the job, no?
  • Options
    Pearce, Thompson, Davis and others I can't remember at the moment
  • Options
    I am fairly sure that Holmes and Novak were his as welll, we were looking at signing players before Slade was officially announced.
  • Options
    Still think all signings pre slade were computer boy. He just picked the players that scored the most goals in the division and didn't think about patterns of play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Still think all signings pre slade were computer boy. He just picked the players that scored the most goals in the division and didn't think about patterns of play.

Tend to agree with you on this....!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    This is good news. I cannot see why we need a chief scout when our owner can call on the player genius Thomas Driesen. I mean, aside from him and a laptop, what else would a club need to identify players?
  • Options

The whole 54th Bexley pack.
  • Options
    Have heard that Mark Stow has gone as well - he was the guy who the club announced had stepped up from the youth set-up when Phil Chapple left in late 2015.
  • Options

Have heard that Mark Stow has gone as well - he was the guy who the club announced had stepped up from the youth set-up when Phil Chapple left in late 2015.

Altogether now...

" 10 green bottles...."
  • Options
    I take it as a positive Head going. Not sure what he added.
  • Options
    Well just guessing now but if your current role relies on the patronage of Duchatelet or his current SMT, you might be seriously considering your options right now.

If I hear Tony Keohane has taken a role elsewhere I will start organising a party.
  • Options
    Club lost it's Head long ago
  • Options
    Did he leave scorch marks OR skid marks on the carpet as he left?
  • Options
    That went well.