Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First Branded Pair Of Trainers You Owned

Comments

• Options

I wasn't really allowed nice shoes when I was a kid so probably either a pair of Nicks or Gola.

Were Nicks the exclusive Woolwich market counterfeit range with the upside down Nike logo?
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

hawksmoor said:

Nike All Court in 1980. The brand was so little known here then that kids at school were taking the piss out of me for wearing Tesco Bombers, while they were wearing Golas or Inter. (Inter eventually became Hi-Tech.) Then the self-appointed coolest kid in the class exclaimed, 'Whoah, nice Nikes!' and my credibility immediately soared.

Tesco Bombers........great blast from the past.

Had a pair of Inter Jonah Barrington now I come to think of it now.
    As an aside, I wore my O/G Kegler Supers the other day, and you forget how heavy they are. They weigh a ton.
    They are heavy mate. Especially if you put them on straight after a pair of Trimm Trab.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    These

Smashed it in football and bull dog.

Well not so much football but everyone thought they were nice.
  • Options
    I think it was Green Flash for me too. But I'm old! In terms of football trainers, the best pair I ever had in terms of comfort and feel were made by Patrick. I had forgotton mine and bought a well priced pair in a sports shop and they were brilliant. Kept buying Patrick for playing since.
  • Options
    Troop
    Gola
    Nicks
    Matchstik
    LA Gear
    Hi-Tec

but better than dem all

British Knights

all loving sold in the old Indoor Market in Catford. By the time you got them home, the tippex started coming off the uppers :)
  • Options

hawksmoor said:

hawksmoor said:

Nike All Court in 1980. The brand was so little known here then that kids at school were taking the piss out of me for wearing Tesco Bombers, while they were wearing Golas or Inter. (Inter eventually became Hi-Tech.) Then the self-appointed coolest kid in the class exclaimed, 'Whoah, nice Nikes!' and my credibility immediately soared.

As an aside, I wore my O/G Kegler Supers the other day, and you forget how heavy they are. They weigh a ton.
    They are heavy mate. Especially if you put them on straight after a pair of Trimm Trab.
    I had a pair of the Consortium 'ostrich skin' Keglers. They were just too... brown. If they'd had some white detailing I probably wouldn't have sold them. I was up to 100 pairs at one stage, about 90% adidas, including loads of doubles, before I realised I don't need two pairs each of Solebox Berlins or Crooked Tongues Munchens.
  • Options
    Whilst my post above references 10 quid trainers my cheap skate dad bought me, enlighment began with

Y3 Imamoto
    Prada

And the maradona of trainers...

Nike Tns. Baby blue. Decent colour ways only available in Independent retailers.

Give me a decent pair of trainers over the automobile ALL day long. Less chance of a fatal accident and far better for health And well being.

If u were traipsing through Dante's concentric circles of hell and could only choose one form of accoutrement ... Trainers all day long.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

hawksmoor said:

hawksmoor said:

I had a pair of the Consortium 'ostrich skin' Keglers. They were just too... brown. If they'd had some white detailing I probably wouldn't have sold them. I was up to 100 pairs at one stage, about 90% adidas, including loads of doubles, before I realised I don't need two pairs each of Solebox Berlins or Crooked Tongues Munchens.
    wearing a fine pair of munchens this very moment
    come to a point this year where ive actually started wearing some of these and realised they cant stay in the boxes forever
    but my borg elites have been in the box over 30 years now and they are staying put
    sure i brought them with my 1st weeks wages along with a maroon and cream piere cardin top
  • Options

hawksmoor said:

hawksmoor said:

hawksmoor said:

wearing a fine pair of munchens this very moment
    come to a point this year where ive actually started wearing some of these and realised they cant stay in the boxes forever
    but my borg elites have been in the box over 30 years now and they are staying put
    sure i brought them with my 1st weeks wages along with a maroon and cream piere cardin top
    I have the same pair. The new ones just out are a totally different shoe?!?
  • Options
    Adidas - 1989 - bought in one of the many "sneaker" outlet stores at the end of International Drive in Orlando. What a thing to remember!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i also had a look at the ones they brought out a year or so ago and ago absolutely nothing like the originals
    borg elites best trainer ever without a doubt
  • Options

Dad was never one to sugar coat things, money on the clothes for us boys (three brothers) was limited and had to be functional and more important, cheap. I stumble across many an old picture of my brothers and i standing there miserable and dressed resplendant in the same gear, including footwear. Saturday mornings dragged up to C&A in Eltham for a "fitting" and a clip round the ear if you complained are legendary amoungst us today 45 years later.

So when i started earning my own wedge i duly splashed out on the current fashion. Today i am strictly a K-Swiss or Hummel fella, and scour the internet for bargains.

When a kid walks into my class with £150's worth Nike whatevers, i often think of my old man.

Hummel? Well you'll be the envy of the crowd with your matching trainers and Charlton shirt next season!
  • Options
    IIRC, I had a pair of the Adidas kicks too. Bought them from the little sport shop in Bexleyheath Shopping Centre, opposite WH Smith. Approx 1985, think they were about £25. A lot of money back in them days for a 9 year old!
  • Options
    Puma Paris. Circa 1985. Loved em. Felt the absolute bo**ocks wearing to school the next day with my neatly pressed Farahs.

My mum called my dad and said "I need some money. He wants a pair of pumas"

To which my dad replied, " just take him to the zoo. There's plenty there"
  • Options

Puma Paris. Circa 1985. Loved em. Felt the absolute bo**ocks wearing to school the next day with my neatly pressed Farahs.

My mum called my dad and said "I need some money. He wants a pair of pumas"

To which my dad replied, " just take him to the zoo. There's plenty there"

Your dad sounds a laugh a minute :0)
  • Options
    Bumping this up.

Currently on a train to Liverpool Lime St. Have an Ultra Ticket for Laces Out @ The Invisible Wind Factory.

Some major players in the deadstock Adidas reselling scene are there, suspect I'm coming home significantly poorer!

Anyone been to this in previous years?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Bumping this up.

Currently on a train to Liverpool Lime St. Have an Ultra Ticket for Laces Out @ The Invisible Wind Factory.

Some major players in the deadstock Adidas reselling scene are there, suspect I'm coming home significantly poorer!

I’ve always wanted to go - but have never got around to it. 

Are you looking for anything in particular?

I had to curb my Adidas originals buying due to moving into a house with less space. I’ve got over 100 pairs in the garage - probably rotting away.
  • Options
    Clarks.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Bumping this up.

I had to curb my Adidas originals buying due to moving into a house with less space. I’ve got over 100 pairs in the garage - probably rotting away.
    Baltic Cup in the classic Stockholm colourway. Missed out on a BNIB pair on eBay a few weeks back and was properly gutted.

Also a pair of Columbia Spezial would go down nicely.

• Options
    The Columbia’s were my last purchase. 

Happy hunting. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure mine was Dunlop Green Flash - they were popular once!
  • Options
    Levi's, with Velcro fasteners.  Think my mum got them from Clark's.  Lasted about a fortnight.  
  • Options
    They were called plimsoles. 
  • Options
    Recently copped a pair of Adidas Handball Tops, the most comfortable trainer I think I've ever owned.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I've still got mine. image
    Does Billy know you've got his boots?
  • Options
    C & A own brand  Eltham High Street.

Cue me and my brother in matching tank tops looking miserable as our mates got Adidas and Puma!
  • Options
    I was right. I am now considerably poorer!

Max 2 pairs morphed into 4 pairs 😂
  • Options
    Feel I've posted this on another discussion but first ones were Adidas Kick from Bowes in the village. 
    They had to last a whole school year. 
  • Options
    Bumping this up.

Baltic Cup in the classic Stockholm colourway. Missed out on a BNIB pair on eBay a few weeks back and was properly gutted.

Also a pair of Columbia Spezial would go down nicely.

The Columbia are a thing of beauty .
  • Options
    The first pair I bought with my own money was Adidas Samba's. They were considered to be the no.1 lads trainers back in the mid 70's. Still got a couple of pairs now and wore the black and white's to Wembley.