Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ujpest

A quick question - does Roland still own Ujpest? Me and a few friends are off to Budapest in April and I notice they are at home while we are there - I would love to take a banner or two to the game if any were available

Comments

• Options
    Am also going to Budapest in April ;)

What date is the game

We are there 8th-16th, I think
  • Options
    Our game is 29th - they are also at home on 15th
  • Options
    Consistent message? Week after week

Lol
  • Options
    I tried to go to an Ujpest match when I was there (it was a Budapest derby) You would have to go the day before and become a lifetime member of the club. They take all your personal information and make you put your hands into some machine (not fingerprints but bloodflow or something). Then for the match you need ticket, membership card and put your hands in a machine again before the turnstile opens. Without a membership card you won't get anywhere near the ground. Once you join Ujpest you will not be able to go to any other club in Hungary.

Hungarians do not have great English and Ujpest is off the beaten track.

I didn't get anywhere near the match in the end so I watched the concert Ferencvaros fans organised outside the ground (they were boycotting) and counted the gas masks being carried by police. I went to a Ferencvaros match the following weekend, where I learned that Hungarian football is awful.

There are Roman ruins in Obuda, across the river from Ujpest. I'd go there instead.