Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How much longer will RD be Charlton owner?

edited March 2017 in General Charlton
With the club set to finish in its lowest position since the 20s, attendances nearly halved, his experiment has clearly failed, and is costing him a lot more money.

His reputation is also being affected, with negative media articles and public protests all a blight on his name in the business world.

Do you think he is now on a downward curve in terms of Charlton ownership? Do you think we will go another full season with him in charge?

Comments

• Options
    Grumpy said:

He will be on his way when you all understand the need for a total boycott.

He doesn't care. In fact that would probably encourage him to attend a game.
  • Options
    He can only recover his losses by selling the Valley.
    It's just a matter of time.
  • Options

When Meire fancies a new job

Just about right I'd say.
  • Options
    He'll sell when somebody offers him enough money for the club, I'm sure he had a price (even if he denies it)
  • Options
    Personally, I think that a combination of Grumpy & killerandflash may be what is called for now as nothing else has had the desired effect!
  • Options
    When he sells the valley. This will be when we are in league 2 getting 3,000 (reported as 6,000) and he can justify moving us to Greenwich borough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

With the club set to finish in its lowest position since the 20s, attendances nearly halved, his experiment has clearly failed, and is costing him a lot more money.

His reputation is also being affected, with negative media articles and public protests all a blight on his name in the business world.

Do you think he is now on a downward curve in terms of Charlton ownership? Do you think we will go another full season with him in charge?

Deja Vu!!!
  • Options
    Realistically what would be our legal options to challenge if he were to try to sell the Valley. Its bothered me for sometime that this will eventually happen
  • Options
    Cheers Red
  • Options

Realistically what would be our legal options to challenge if he were to try to sell the Valley. Its bothered me for sometime that this will eventually happen

The fact that he is so incompetent he can't get the work done to the training ground which is about the only thing where he has wide scale support. The man is too much a hopeless case to meet all the challenges that RedChaser lists above.
  • Options
    Stig said:

The fact that he is so incompetent he can't get the work done to the training ground which is about the only thing where he has wide scale support. The man is too much a hopeless case to meet all the challenges that RedChaser lists above.
    And of course we are only 1.5% of his business interests so on that basis it'll be the many moons away if ever :smirk: .
  • Options
    Four things I know for sure about Duchatelet:

He's academically smart
    He has made a lot of money out of designing the location chip now used in cars
    He is a total and utter idiot
    Should he and Keohane should be invited to s party where shrooms were abailable
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Four things I know for sure about Duchatelet:

He's academically smart
    He has made a lot of money out of designing the location chip now used in cars
    He is a total and utter idiot
    Should he and Keohane should be invited to s party where shrooms were abailable

Another thing we know is that he is a horrible vindictive character. He has also shown himself to be spineless and acts a bit like a spoilt child when he doesn't get his own way.

I would not put it past him to sell the Valley out of spite, despite the difficulties that might arise.
    He would merely get others to the the dirty work for him, like he has done to date I would suggest. We know money means everything to him, but I think the evil streak in him might just come to the fore?
  • Options
    Please please please let it be about this time tomoz morning...when he see's that the 2% was just a figment of the truth from his beloved KM...

Or the old fucker could throw a spanner (sorry) in the works & go before the protests...& turn it into a party to compare with the Queens Silver Jubilee...
    Pray,pray,pray & moresome...!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not any time soon.
  • Options

Not any time soon.

You keep saying that Shooters, why you so convinced he won't?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Its been said that he only sold standard liege when death threats were made against him or his family.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I believe that the financial and development value of the Valley and the area around it is such that he does not need to develop it himself, he merely needs to lay the groundwork and then sell to another potential developer, or sell interests in that. In that situation a football team being lower or non league and a small attending fanbase would undermine any potential opposition in terms of it being important to the community. With the reducing budget available for running essential services the local authority would be foolish to ignore any offers in terms of resources, income, infrastructure development. I don't think it is as simple as building some flats and shops, the value of the land increases the weaker the club becomes.
  • Options
    Once he can find a buyer who wants to build on the valley he will sell so he can get his money back!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Just wondering, if ever, when we're going to get back to being a proper football club who can be taken seriously with proper ambitions, is it too much to ask?
  • Options

Just wondering, if ever, when we're going to get back to being a proper football club who can be taken seriously with proper ambitions, is it too much to ask?

Under this lot yes
  • Options
    The Oystons have stayed at Blackpool for many years under fierce opposition.

That is a concern that Duchatelet could do the same.
  • Options

The Oystons have stayed at Blackpool for many years under fierce opposition.

That is a concern that Duchatelet could do the same.

Big difference is that the Oystons aren't losing money hand over fist, RD is.