Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kashi

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to tell you this Chris but I love Kashi (almost as much as :heart: REZA :heartbreak:) so I'm nursing a semi at the thought of a proper defensive midfielder being in the side... Hopefully he'll be fine.

:grimace:

• Options
    BFG liked the tweet of Kashi with the ball at his feet.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    What's with the head slapping celebration? This isn't Cool Runnings!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Let's hope these don't end up being his season stats too.
  • Options
    He needs to stay fit as he will be so important to how we play this year.

Admit who else thought the worse when he went down injured?
  • Options
    Also he looks really up for the fight and ready to roll up his sleeves and play even in league 1
  • Options

Also he looks really up for the fight and ready to roll up his sleeves and play even in league 1

Have to admit since he's joined Charlton he's probably been the most dedicated foreign player we've signed under the current regime
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really surprised though he only made three tackles
  • Options
    Was great on Saturday and those are very impressive stats. He is quality just needs to stay fit and available. Seems to have a great attitude. As far as I am concerned he can keep slapping heads!
  • Options

Interception number is big, suggested he does a lot of covering and tracking off the ball. Proper 'anchor man' stuff in midfield.
  • Options
    redman said:

It's the interceptions - 13, which sounds impressive. Good players don't have to tackle, they get to the ball first; in his case by reading the game well.
    Yes, it's notable that this weekend two attacking players (Novak and Pedro) both got sent off for typical forward tackles, better defensive players wouldn't have made those challenges

Not often you can put Novak and Pedro in the same sentence :smile:
  • Options

Anyone know if the club actually sent Kashi to Qatar to recover or if it was the players choice? Seemed like for months no one actually knew where he was.

I don't know that country seems to have done wonders for him but after hosting a Charlton player for a number of months they've become a pariah state. Has the nation of Qatar been Charltonised ?
  • Options
    Really hope he stays. He doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who'd jump ship as soon as a half decent offer came in, as I think he'll want to repay the loyalty we've shown him since his injury.
  • Options

Really hope he stays. He doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who'd jump ship as soon as a half decent offer came in, as I think he'll want to repay the loyalty we've shown him since his injury.

really? He was so annoyed with the way we treated him after injury that he took himself off elsewhere to get treatment and for the most part we didn't even know where he was. Yeah, he'll want to repay that loyalty.

• Options
    edited August 2017

no chance. I am not quite sure how he was treated, but he will look at Igor and not want to go through that, we nearly ended his career.

I doubt many teams would take a punt on him now. My worry would be in January (if he stays fit and plays well), he would be the sort of player I would go for if I was in a relegation scrap and a Champ team might feel the same.

Of course, if we are top 6 in January, moving to a Champ team near the bottom would be a risk so he might want to stay. A team near the bottom of Ligue 1 would maybe be a concern if he wanted to go back to France.
  • Options
    those are some stats.

95% pass completion when you only have 9 options to pass to? SENSATIONAL

13 interceptions? FABULOUS

Algerian Pirlo

serious love for Kashi. Could he be the metaphor for the regime as a whole, showing its possible to turn a pig's ear into a sow's purse?

just stay fit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He needs to stay fit as he will be so important to how we play this year.

Admit who else thought the worse when he went down injured?

Never concerned he was injured, even his time wasting was different class on Saturday.
  • Options
    The guy needs a song to let him know how the fans appreciate him. How about adapting one Kermorgant?
  • Options
    edited August 2017

The guy needs a song to let him know how the fans appreciate him. How about adapting one Kermorgant?

I think it's time to dust off the Nicky Bailey song. Just need to think of a good last line.
  • Options

To the tune of 'Rock the Casbah'

He's better than Kante

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

Ah-med Kash-i, Ah-med Kash-i

(Best I could think of on the spot. He definitely deserves a song though)
  • Options
    Let's hope St Truiden don't need a defensive midfielder.
  • Options
    Best man on the pitch Saturday. Plays the game like he understands it.
  • Options

But his name is Kashi!
  • Options
    "He's here
    He's there
    he's every fecking where
    Kashi, Kashi"