Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We will still be OKAY!

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2017

I don't think the current mob could have done such a good job of screwing over the club in the last 3 years if they'd hatched a plan and tried to,execute it, they are utterly clueless, and unaccountable and just make it up on the spot.

Goodness knows what there plan is for next season.

At a rough guess they'll learn from their mistakes & we'll be working hard to get back to the championship ............................................................. or Division 1
  • Options

I believe we will just about survive this season, which is a complete failure, as the only acceptable outcome of this season was promotion due to us only being back in the third tier because of our incompetent owner and his even more incompetent staff discarding all the great work done by CP, his team & all the people behind the scenes who played a part in getting us back on track.

I have no doubt in my mind that relegation will happen next season under the current owner though.

I must admit that next season could certainly be a very nervy one at the wrong end. And yes this fall after such a special period 5 years ago makes this fall feel even more gutting. We as fans have had a horribly unfortunate turn of events off the pitch starting with Kevin Cash which started the domino effect with MS and TJ looking to sell and desperate to sell, not having time for due diligence meaning they just to Roland and then everything that has happened since his arrival. By now with the right backing we should have been a very well established Championship club with one one eye on maybe going up to the Prem.
  • Options
    We haven't finished lower than where we are now for over 90 years. This is the lowest it has got in most people's lifetime. We probably won't go down this season, but under this owner I wouldn't be surprised if we do next season
  • Options

I believe we will just about survive this season, which is a complete failure, as the only acceptable outcome of this season was promotion due to us only being back in the third tier because of our incompetent owner and his even more incompetent staff discarding all the great work done by CP, his team & all the people behind the scenes who played a part in getting us back on track.

I have no doubt in my mind that relegation will happen next season under the current owner though.

I must admit that next season could certainly be a very nervy one at the wrong end. And yes this fall after such a special period 5 years ago makes this fall feel even more gutting. We as fans have had a horribly unfortunate turn of events off the pitch starting with Kevin Cash which started the domino effect with MS and TJ looking to sell and desperate to sell, not having time for due diligence meaning they just to Roland and then everything that has happened since his arrival. By now with the right backing we should have been a very well established Championship club with one one eye on maybe going up to the Prem.
    I genuinely believe that if RD or a normal owner had come in, stuck a new contract in front of players like Yann & Hamer, backed CP with a semi decent budget to spend on his choice of players as the previous ownership did in League 1, that we would at the very least be a regular top 10 team in the Championship each season but quite likely we would be back being the last game on match of the day and trying to relegate Palarse again.

Instead we get to worry about finishing above mighty teams like Oldham, Bury, Shrewsbury etc in the hope we can avoid playing in the fourth tier for the first time in our clubs history.
  • Options
    I don't think we'll go down this year, though it will be close. Genuinely can't see where our next points are coming from.
    Next season, I'll be surprised if we're higher than 23rd. You have to wonder what the owner is getting out of this, well at least until he rips off his Roland mask and reveals Simon Jordan underneath.
  • Options
    This year I predicted 17th place. Obviously I'd preferred to be wrong and we'd got promoted. If we survive this year, with Duche in charge, we will get relegated.
  • Options
    At the beginning of the season, Sporting Index had us placed either top or second in the table. With the rationale that it was only possible to do as good as or worse than top spot, I 'sold' us for £5 per point - a fairly safe bet. I was thinking that maybe Slade would have a slow start and make me some cash, but would then rally at some point and I could cash out and switch it to a 'buy' bet.

I won't be cashing out any time soon.
  • Options

What I mean is bad performances don't go on forever.

Been going on for the last 3 years to be honest
  • Options

Relegation to the fourth division would get them out, of that I am certain.

Bring it on asap for the long term benefit of Charlton Athletic and the missing thousands.

Failing that, being booted out of the league and closing The Valley would probably do it as well.
  • Options

What I mean is bad performances don't go on forever.

They do unless the core reasons causing them are addressed. No club has a right to be in any division, as Roland seems intent on proving.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well we did at least arrest the slump in the end. :smiley:
  • Options
    I said if we went down (ie back to back relegations) I would wear burka and post it on here. So I don't need to now. LOL.