Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kevin Nugent-new barnet manager

seemed all a bit hush hush
now we might see if we missed out not keeping him on
me thinks not

Comments

• Options
    Thought the cafc story was that he didn't want the number one spot?
  • Options
    Odd.
  • Options
    Best manager we've had since Curbishley !
  • Options
    When did he leave Charlton?

Never been officially announced on the OS although been common knowledge for weeks that he's not been around.
  • Options
    More chance of Barnet getting success under Nugent than there is of Charlton getting success under Douchbag tfs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barnet 3/1 to win at home Saturday
  • Options
    Good luck to him and may i say a very sound choice.
  • Options

Good luck to him and may i say a very sound choice.

My concern about Nugent being full-time Charlton Manager was the fact he'd never been a Manager before and thus had never needed to concern himself with bringing in his own players etc - Seeing how he does in the Summer with Barnet and the type of player he signs and is able to identify will be a huge sign of how good a choice he'll be for them
  • Options

Bloody hell... Look at this for a clear Statement from their owner!!

http://www.barnetfc.com/news/article/2016-17/kevin-nugent-appointed-as-new-barnet-fc-head-coach-3572185.aspx

(Looks like we gave Barnet permission to speak with Nugent over the Weekend)

It's no match for 'our strategy is to be a Championship club with Premier League ambitions'. Which isn't a strategy. Or true.
    Its not even a Statement, its a selection of words they've put together to try to appease the masses
  • Options
    Great statement from the Barnet chairman, and good to see a small club with ambitions to succeed rather than just to survive. They'll be above us in the league before too long if Roland sticks around.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Take with a pinch of salt about him not wanting to be a manager
  • Options

Agreed.

Seems he didn't want to be a manager so took a job at Barnet as a manager instead.

No idea if he'd have been the right man for us long term but short term he got the most out of the squad he had and won games.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Kevin Nugent brought some stunning results for us when pressed into the role of acting head coach following Slade's premature departure. Luck? Respect of the players? Good tactician? Who knows, but I wish we had kept him onboard.

I fully sympathise however with his decision to walk away from the nutters running our club to join an ambitious club wanting the type of footballing success we can all identify with.

Every best wish Kevin and good luck at Barnet FC. I, for one, will be following Barnet's results with interest.
  • Options
    can anyone repost the info ? that website is horrific to use on my smashed phone
  • Options

I dont want to follow football any more... this disaster or a club does that to you
  • Options
    A slightly curious affair, in that Nugent has been absent for a couple of months now without comment from anyone.

Barnet is a local club to me , so I tend to follow them anyway. It's slightly surprising that one of the two interim coaches Henry Newman, who was the academy manager, has decided to move on, rather than continue there, which is a bit similar to Nugent moving on from Charlton...

http://www.times-series.co.uk/sport/15093223.Newman_departs_The_Hive_as_Barnet_prepare_permanent_appointment/

According to this story, Newman also had a spell coaching with our academy.
  • Options

A slightly curious affair, in that Nugent has been absent for a couple of months now without comment from anyone.

Barnet is a local club to me , so I tend to follow them anyway. It's slightly surprising that one of the two interim coaches Henry Newman, who was the academy manager, has decided to move on, rather than continue there, which is a bit similar to Nugent moving on from Charlton...

http://www.times-series.co.uk/sport/15093223.Newman_departs_The_Hive_as_Barnet_prepare_permanent_appointment/

According to this story, Newman also had a spell coaching with our academy.

Blimey he looks like the brother of Karl Robinson just with a different hair style
  • Options

Eat your heart out Katrien, that's how you communicate with fans.

It's just such a shame that he wastes time on things like trying to find a balanced profile for his squad, what with ensuring that there is a good mix of experience, not just callow youth and hoary old folk... Why would anyone concern themselves with things like that?

If only he could manage to have the same sort of "One goal good, two goals better" vision as our own Dear Leader and his acolytes he might have a chance of becoming a true footballing (and post match dancing) visionary.