Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chrissie Hynde documentary

edited February 2017 in General Charlton
Documentary on BBC4 now.

Looking good for her age.

Great flat in Paris.

Comments

• Options
    Feared the worst there Henry.
  • Options
    cblock said:

Feared the worst there Henry.

Changed the title now to avoid Rip shock
  • Options
    I admire her immensely. Fantastic musician and wonderful ethics anout animals.
  • Options
    Ultimate rock chick
  • Options
    Saw the Pretenders early 79 just after they released their first single stop your sobbing( written by Ray Davies).One of my school mates Robbie Macintosh then went onto play for them before he left to play in Wings .Thoughtshe came across very well in the documentary
  • Options
    Love Chrissie Hynde. I was only joking about the Wombles (sort of).
  • Options
    Saw the Pretenders at the Marquee when I was a kid in 1979 or 80 - she's hardly changed!
  • Options

Saw the Pretenders early 79 just after they released their first single stop your sobbing( written by Ray Davies).One of my school mates Robbie Macintosh then went onto play for them before he left to play in Wings .Thoughtshe came across very well in the documentary

Did he used to be in the AWB?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Halix said:

No -first in a local group the Merton parkers(I think)Rob is a lovely guy - used to see him at Wimbledon station with his guitar before travelling to a gig.From local gigs to two world tours with a famous beatle can't be bad eh!
  • Options
    Didn't see this but will try and catch it on the iplayer. Got tickets to see the pretenders at Portsmouth in October.
  • Options

Halix said:

No -first in a local group the Merton parkers(I think)Rob is a lovely guy - used to see him at Wimbledon station with his guitar before travelling to a gig.From local gigs to two world tours with a famous beatle can't be bad eh!
    Saw the Merton Parkas in the 70s - bit of a dodgy Mod band. Think the keyboard player teamed up with Paul Weller in the Style Council.
  • Options
    Ultimate rock chick
  • Options
    She was also on The Andrew Marr Show @ 40-43 mins & performed at the end.
  • Options
    Halix said:

There was a Robbie Macintosh in the AWB, whether it was the same one, I dunno?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Halix said:

Robbie Macintosh is a very good guitarist :+1:
  • Options
    I think Hamish Stuart (?) from AWB played with McCartney for a while.
  • Options

Halix said:

Wasn't he the drummer who died in the 1970s. Great band AWB.
  • Options
    Chrissie's autobiography is well worth a read as well .. reads like a hot novel !

The McIntoshs .. Robbie 1 is a very talented player and sometime Pretender member .. he took over when the previous guitarist died due to dabbling in drugs ... Robbie 1 tours with his own band, they are well worth a look.

and drugs took Robbie 2 the A W B drummer .. at a party in LA he mistook a 'bowl' of heroin for coaine, overtooted and died ..

I saw A W B at a nice venue in Yorkshire last year .. still a terrific band with quite a few original members and some talented new blood
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Halix said:

Saw the Merton Parkas in the 70s - bit of a dodgy Mod band. Think the keyboard player teamed up with Paul Weller in the Style Council.
    Yes, Mick Talbot. Merton Parkas were actually quite a decent band who were part of the Mod revival. Have a few of their records.
  • Options

Halix said:

He was. Saw Hamish Stuart and a couple of AWB at a charity concert at Kenney Jones polo club a couple of years ago. Only played 2 or tracks but did a superb version of Pick up The Pieces.
  • Options

In Weymouth, where I live, Robbie is something of a local celebrity - I saw Chrissie and The Pretenders - must have been 1980, Hammersmith Odeon - really good. My daughters remember her from her cameo appearance in "Friends".
  • Options

Halix said:

They are a very good band, still touring, not the same line up though:-(
  • Options
    Have to say watched the doc last night and was a bit disappointed.

Always liked her and her music but seemed a bit like a "a day in the life" of.

Not much on her personal life, wasn't she married to Ray Davies and Jim Kerr?

Mind you, she may have stipulated, not to delve too deep into intimacy?
  • Options
    I like her song writing and she always has a good rock n roll band around her, also she comes over very spiritual but having watched this, bloody hell what a bore!
  • Options

Documentary on BBC4 now.

Looking good for her age.

Great flat in Paris.

She's come a long way from the hovel she shared with Nick Kent

Have to say watched the doc last night and was a bit disappointed.

Always liked her and her music but seemed a bit like a "a day in the life" of.

Not much on her personal life, wasn't she married to Ray Davies and Jim Kerr?

Mind you, she may have stipulated, not to delve too deep into intimacy?

Maybe out of respect to Davies and Kerr.
    Sir Ray did request to be left out of her autobiography, which she agreed to and later relented (although presumably not to the extent of inviting litigation)
    Her and Davies never married (though they did have a daughter together)