Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KATRIEN MEIRE'S 'ALTERNATIVE' WORLD

In the aftermath of Kellyanne Conway’s assertion that facts can be…..well….alternative and, ok, well it’s perfectly legitimate to alter ‘the facts’ to suit your own purposes, I thought it appropriate in the post-Truth world we now inhabit to look back and remind ourselves that our own dear CEO has already been leading the way in this for some years.

Below are 20 comments taken from media and press reports from KM over the course of the past 3 years and presented in no particular order.
However, whilst some are direct verbatim quotes, others are paraphrased quotes, and some are slightly twisted around. Included also are some ‘alternative’ quotes which Katrien Meire might well have said at the time and which are now claimed for the purposes of this exercise.

Only one of the 20 is absolutely totally without foundation and even if she didn’t say it she could be forgiven for thinking it.

1) Guy Luzon will our next ‘Alex Ferguson’

2) I never said that I didn’t care about Charlton’s history (I was misrepresented – TWICE!)

3) The Peter Varney approach included a move away from the Valley

4) We improved our position and….err…our rating each time (we changed manager)

5) Roland Duchâtelet has never interfered in team selection

6) A new era for Charlton Athletic begins today with José Riga

7) "Je m’en fous de l’historie du club’’ (L’Echo, Brussels 29/09/15) I don't care about the history of the club.

8) A new era for Charlton Athletic begins today with Bob Peeters

9) I don’t have to play myself

10) Chris! Do I really have to sit next to Sue at EVERY home game?

11) A new era for Charlton Athletic begins today with Guy Luzon

12) I took the corner flag on holiday

13) A new era for Charlton Athletic begins today with err….haven’t we met before?
José Riga

14) It was only 2%

15) Le passe glorieux de le club? Je m’en fous (L’Echo, Brussels 29/09/15) The past glory (history) of the club? I don't care

16) We have turned a corner this summer and a new era for Charlton Athletic begins today with Russell Slade

17) They proved to be the right decision every time

18) The one who dances well will win a seat on the sofa.

19) It would be mind blowing if the owner were to interfere in team selection.

20) We have turned another corner and a new era for Charlton Athletic begins today with Karl Robinson

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2017
    With all of this bumfluffery and faux outrage in Parliament about the FA at the moment, what is the betting that that clueless tart lands a plum position in the "new re-formed, but same crap as normal" FA?
  • Options
    Looking forward to the matching 20 "Roland's Remarks" - might be more difficult given his tendency to hide from fans & British media, but I'll give you "domme mensen" for starters!
  • Options
    "clueless tart" - I like that :smile:
  • Options
    You missed out the Talk Sport quote giving full support to Russell Slade before El Presidente sacked him the following week.
    Talking of KM, is she still around? Nothing seen or heard for weeks
  • Options
    "KATRIEN MEIRE'S 'ALTERNATIVE' WORLD" Tonight on BBC2, 9pm.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    kafka said:

You missed out the Talk Sport quote giving full support to Russell Slade before El Presidente sacked him the following week.

It would be quite funny if she had decided to go on holiday to Dubai again, and was going to come back in a few weeks via Belgium, giving Northampton a miss, and attend instead Sint-Truiden's game against AS Eupen on the evening of March 4th.

However, I think she's booked up for a QandA session before the Bury game so if she is away she will presumably be back for that.
  • Options
    kafka said:

The new PR squad have locked her in a cupboard until the season ends.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

kafka said:

The new PR squad have locked her in a cupboard until the season ends.
    They need to throw away the key and let the squirrel slither out.