Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2017

Comments

• Options

Oz all out for 112 - India win by 75 runs.

Fantastic collapse. 101-4 to 112 all out.

Shame :)
  • Options

On the one hand, an Australian collapse is great

On the other hand, it's India...

A strange match, Lyon getting 8 wickets in the first innings, but nothing in the second with seamers getting 8 wickets, you'd have thought it would be the other way round!
  • Options

On the one hand, an Australian collapse is great

On the other hand, it's India...

A strange match, Lyon getting 8 wickets in the first innings, but nothing in the second with seamers getting 8 wickets, you'd have thought it would be the other way round!
    I think that the variable bounce contributed to the seamers getting their fair share of the wickets.

The match might have gone the other way had Marsh reviewed his LBW. Smith was at the other end but they decided not to and the ball would have missed the stumps by a good three or four inches. The score was 67-2 at the time and Marsh looked in good touch with 13 off 16 balls including three boundaries.
  • Options

India in trouble again. 189 all out with Rahul top scoring with 90 and Lyon taking 8-50! In reply Australia are 40-0.

Funny to see Kohli shoulder arms again and to see him look at the umpire with total incredulity at being given out LBW by Nigel Llong. Needless to say he reviewed it and it showed him to be absolutely plumb! Mind you if you were the batsman at the other end you'd hardly discourage Kohli from reviewing - the consequences of doing so and subsequent replays showing that the ball would have missed would surely mean the end of that player's career there and then.

Kohli really is suffering in this series. Given out LBW by Nigel Llong for 15 (just 28 in 3 innings now) he reviews the decision in a nanosecond as he thinks he's hit it - only for it to be called "umpire's call".

He is then seen walking off the pitch showing his bat to the camera and crowd - it's about time that the authorities started to clamp down on his arrogance. In fact he could learn a lot from Sachin regarding being both a classy batsman and person.
    I notice that Kohli was out lbw in 2nd innings too, and also reviewed it butoverruled .
    It seems clear that Kohli is going to review any lbw he gets in India.
  • Options

India in trouble again. 189 all out with Rahul top scoring with 90 and Lyon taking 8-50! In reply Australia are 40-0.

Funny to see Kohli shoulder arms again and to see him look at the umpire with total incredulity at being given out LBW by Nigel Llong. Needless to say he reviewed it and it showed him to be absolutely plumb! Mind you if you were the batsman at the other end you'd hardly discourage Kohli from reviewing - the consequences of doing so and subsequent replays showing that the ball would have missed would surely mean the end of that player's career there and then.

Kohli really is suffering in this series. Given out LBW by Nigel Llong for 15 (just 28 in 3 innings now) he reviews the decision in a nanosecond as he thinks he's hit it - only for it to be called "umpire's call".

He is then seen walking off the pitch showing his bat to the camera and crowd - it's about time that the authorities started to clamp down on his arrogance. In fact he could learn a lot from Sachin regarding being both a classy batsman and person.
    I notice that Kohli was out lbw in 2nd innings too, and also reviewed it butoverruled .
    Has Watto been giving him advice!
  • Options

Has Watto been giving him advice!
    Lol.
    I think that DRS may well work against him now ! Shame.
  • Options

True. Reminds me of Javed Miandad never being given lbw on home soil.
  • Options
    Was discussing the England captaincy with my old man and it was suggested that this is a sign of how far the England management/selectors have come in the last year or so.

It was only a few years ago they were desperate to see the test and one day captaincy unified. To the extent that they brought Cook back into the one day side when he was clearly not suited to the format and shouldn't be playing. Around a similar time we had a top 3 in one day cricket of Cook bell and Trott (let's not have that debate but they should never have been playing one day cricket in the modern era).

It was only after a disastrous period when they finally reluctantly got rid of Cook as one day captain.

Now we have the test captain in the t20 and one day side but not as captain (or even vice) because they consider the formats as separate and they're considering his workload.

It's the right way to do it and is progress. How much of this is down to Strauss I wonder. Someone has dragged the board of old men into the modern era.
  • Options
    I see KP is back for T20 for SUrrey Canters.

btw - good to see you on Saturday.
  • Options

I also heard that they've had to widen the doors for the Oval home dressing room.

Current odds available on KP:

1/100 - he fails to take the field after batting in a match
    4/6 - he picks up an injury once Surrey are knocked out of the comp and fails to play another game
    1,000,000/1 - Andrew Strauss makes him MOM in a game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And HE thinks theyve crossed the line !!!!!!!......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/39194259
  • Options
    He's firing himself up. Bang out of form and he thrives on conflict
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    WI won the toss again & England bat first.

Hales is fit & returns, replacing Billings. Starts 1.30pm our time.
  • Options
    27-1 Roy out 17 5.5 overs
  • Options
    Root dropped on 1

30-1 8 overs
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Root dropped again on 13. Both difficult chances.

45-1 11 overs
  • Options
    109-1 20.4 overs

Hales 52 no.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Sorry bit late on this.. it all depends on his form. He will either be brilliant or dreadful. O. Paper it makes our side look incredible.

Good to see you too. I'll buy you a pint next time we're both at a game...
  • Options
    189-1 33.2 overs

Hales 93no Root 75no.
  • Options
    204-1 Hales 101 no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    15 overs to go, 9 wickets in hand, 205 on the board, should be aiming for 350 here
  • Options

15 overs to go, 9 wickets in hand, 205 on the board, should be aiming for 350 here

Typical

219-2

Hales out 110
  • Options
    219-2 Hales out for 110, Root 86*

Lesson for both Billings (don't give it up when you're in) and Roy (take a good look in 50 over cricket before launching).
  • Options
    lol - Buttler's first ball is a "free hit" and he hits it for a maximum!
  • Options
    233-3 Buttler out 7 38 0vers.
  • Options
    Big Charlton flag in the crowd
  • Options
    Johan Blake isn't taking this well.

• Options
    I'm not surprised, it's a complete shambles and embarrassment
  • Options

Big Charlton flag in the crowd

That's our flag!