Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season ticket sales next season?

Comments

• Options

We've still got 9 home games left this season.

3 x midweek matches
    4x Saturday matches
    1 x Sunday match
    1 x Monday match

Bar the Gillingham match cannot see attendances being above 14k for the rest of the season.

I think it will be the same prices as last season. Cannot see us selling more than 6k season ticket with current circumstances.

If nothing changes I cannot see how we can possibly get 6k. More likely to be nearer 4k.
  • Options
  • Options
    Tonight's gate against Oxford looks hideously small.
  • Options

Tonight's gate against Oxford looks hideously small.

No. It's over 9,000!!!!! Katie says honestly.

Surely, surely, surely there must come a time when even the most loyal fan says enough and refuses to renew their ST until these jokers are gone?
  • Options
    Season ticket! HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHhHhHhhahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    It's dangerous because I am a serious Charlton fan and have been for years. I'm now more interested in Serie A. Imagine how many fans we have actually lost in all of this and we don't even know it yet. We will realise when this lot clear off and the attendance only increases slightly. If they stick around too long it may not increase at all.
  • Options
    When we were playing at Sellhurst and Upton Park, in front of low crowds, we always knew that a return to the Valley would cause a surge of supports coming back to Charlton....the lost generation as they were often called.
    But now, what would trigger the new surge should RD go? Yes, some would be returning ex season ticket holders, like my family but would we see new blood? No because we would be in a far worse position than the reyurn home. Lower division, crap players etc etc etc.
    We are doomed too years of low support because what that man has done to us!
  • Options
    cafckev said:

When we were playing at Sellhurst and Upton Park, in front of low crowds, we always knew that a return to the Valley would cause a surge of supports coming back to Charlton....the lost generation as they were often called.
    But now, what would trigger the new surge should RD go? Yes, some would be returning ex season ticket holders, like my family but would we see new blood? No because we would be in a far worse position than the reyurn home. Lower division, crap players etc etc etc.

Did we really know, during those 7 years of exile, that a return to The Valley would cause a surge of support? I'm not so sure. It took years after the return to rebuild the fanbase.
    I honestly think that if Roland sold tomorrow that there would be a massive turnaround in the crowds, with many committing to season tickets for next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Way the atmosphere is will probably buy a season tickethand go to half the games
  • Options
    Don't forget to buy your season ticket before the deadline to preserve your seat and avoid the price increase.
  • Options

Don't forget to buy your season ticket before the deadline to preserve your seat and avoid the price increase.

In all fairness this is something that all clubs have been doing for years and years.

If any of us thought we could get our employers to pay us a whole years salary, three months before that year started, and would not have to be paid back if we failed miserably to perform we'd all be asking for it and offering to reduce out pay for the money upfront.

Most clubs have some kind of funding issues and getting money in advance is a great way to help with that. It just stops working when supply massively exceeds demand.
  • Options
    Sales for next season 2000 max after the past 2 weeks results, but the club will say it's 20,000.
  • Options

Sales for next season 2000 max after the past 2 weeks results, but the club will say it's 20,000.

They can then disband the Target 20K, as they will have done their job.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Has anything changed since last August that would bring the crowds back and the likes of me purchasing a season ticket again?

Answers on a postage stamp

Have you got anything smaller?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

It's more to tie people in than cash flow - I doubt if the ST revenue covers one month's operating costs these days. The club is spending half of it on Jorge Teixiera.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

cafckev said:

Did we really know, during those 7 years of exile, that a return to The Valley would cause a surge of support? I'm not so sure. It took years after the return to rebuild the fanbase.
    I honestly think that if Roland sold tomorrow that there would be a massive turnaround in the crowds, with many committing to season tickets for next season.
    Yes, we did. It was a fundamental point of contention between campaigners and the Evening Standard. They admitted they were wrong once we went back, to be fair. Not that every game sold out, but the limited capacity meant we couldn't get the average up by getting bigger crowds for the more attractive games. Until the east stand opened in 1994 the capacity was a problem to us - and by us I mean us volunteers as well as the club, who worked hard to get new people to come.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafckev said:

Yes, we did. It was a fundamental point of contention between campaigners and the Evening Standard. They admitted they were wrong once we went back, to be fair. Not that every game sold out, but the limited capacity meant we couldn't get the average up by getting bigger crowds for the more attractive games. Until the east stand opened in 1994 the capacity was a problem to us - and by us I mean us volunteers as well as the club, who worked hard to get new people to come.
    I'm sure that there was never any doubt that the crowds would be bigger at The Valley than at Selhurst or Upton Park but there was no guarantee that the "lost" generation of fans would return.
  • Options
    Still not seen or heard anything from the club re: renewals. I wonder how long they'll wait.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Still not seen or heard anything from the club re: renewals. I wonder how long they'll wait.

Announced early March last season. Definitely a delay.
  • Options
    Would make sense to delay if ownership change afoot - new owner would not want RD taking money that could be theirs.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Mrkinski said:

Would make sense to delay if ownership change afoot - new owner would not want RD taking money that could be theirs.

In theory, that should not matter. The club's year end for accounting purposes is, I believe, end June. The receipts for season tickets clearly relate to the new accounting period starting on 1st July. So the receipts would be accrued into the year to which they related. RD might trouser the money, but an offset woukd be made to the cost of the takeover.
    That leaves the options of first, (still) waiting to be fairly sure which division we are in before setting the prices or second, any prospective new owners want their own pricing structure.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Whatever happens get in early and make sure you don't lose your seat.

Sadly, so spoilt for choice these days.
  • Options
    Unlikely but if a takeover was announced tomorrow would the sell season tickets for the rest of this season?

Hardly worth it for five games i suppose.
  • Options

Unlikely but if a takeover was announced tomorrow would the sell season tickets for the rest of this season?

If they announced Powell returning as well I'd buy one.
  • Options

The big screen still shows an ad for 2016/2017 Season tickets at half time.