Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Regan Charles-Cook goes out on loan

Comments

• Options
    Solihull look like a team investing and going places. D cent set up for the young lad I o spend a few months I reckon.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Solihull look like a team investing and going places. D cent set up for the young lad I o spend a few months I reckon.

The Land Rover factory is nearby as well, so he'll be able to see his Range Rover Sport being made!
  • Options
    My missis used to work with his mum. There is a whole clan of brothers. Reice is one of his brothers is/was at Coventry.
  • Options

Two goals and an assist on his debut today.

Well done Charlie

@Henry Irving

A lad I coached in junior football when he was 7-14 made his debut for Solihull yesterday.
    RCC (on a hat-trick) selflessly laid the ball across for him to tap home, rather than score himself.

It took away the sting of the AFCW result for me.

Solihull are at Bromley next Saturday - but I will be at Rochdale :(
    Might pop along to Bromley if weather ok then
  • Options

Interesting that he scored two today and an assist but we had the younger, frailer and inexperienced loanee Dasilva on the bench who has more game time for us than RCC. Also Hanlan scored his 3rd for Bromley yet we had a Chelsea loanee Mavididi get a sub appearance. These youngsters are DELIVERING at a level only two divisions below us. WHY?

I completely agree... other than Mavididi being from Arsenal.
  • Options

Interesting that he scored two today and an assist but we had the younger, frailer and inexperienced loanee Dasilva on the bench who has more game time for us than RCC. Also Hanlan scored his 3rd for Bromley yet we had a Chelsea loanee Mavididi get a sub appearance. These youngsters are DELIVERING at a level only two divisions below us. WHY?

I completely agree... other than Mavididi being from Arsenal.
    Tend to disagree... I'd rather have our prospects playing and other team's sat on the bench
  • Options
    Sent off in 90th min tonight for a challenge which saw the opponent stretchered off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ouch
  • Options
    He'll be gutted about missing out on the replay...
  • Options
    Surprised he hasn’t been recalled earlier. Does this mean Solly is out for a while?
  • Options
    I think it makes sense as he can cover 4 or 5 positions and has been in top form for Woking.
  • Options
    bit harsh being recalled from getting regular games just so you can feature in a shitty cup game that no one wants to play in
  • Options

Surprised he hasn’t been recalled earlier. Does this mean Solly is out for a while?
    Not sure it's anything to do with Solly. He's been scoring goals for Woking and from what I've read he's been playing in an attacking midfield role.

Gives us more depth and hopefully he's improved and full of confidence.
  • Options
    Does this mean we've given up on Reeves?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the guy who sitss next to me at work lives in woking and goes to home games, says he's looked really good, far to good for their league.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

the guy who sitss next to me at work lives in woking and goes to home games, says he's looked really good, far to good for their league.

That's good to hear, though it would be worrying if he didn't stand out, playing in the National League!
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

That's good to hear, though it would be worrying if he didn't stand out, playing in the National League!
    I think a lot of our players wouldn't stand out...
  • Options
    Working with a Woking fan reckons one of there best players.going to be pis off.
  • Options
    Think this is why he was sent to the National league and not a EFL club.

Also, I don't see him as being a replacement for Solly as much as cover in the attacking three (though obviously he can slot in at right back as well).
  • Options
    Apparently he was recalled solely for tonight and will be part of the Woking squad to play Gateshead on Saturday
  • Options

Apparently he was recalled solely for tonight and will be part of the Woking squad to play Gateshead on Saturday

I wondered why Woking never mentioned anything on twitter.
    Surely thats not allowed if the loan window is shut
  • Options

Blimey Karl is taking this competition seriously!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I believe as it’s a NL club and not a FL club, we can use players on loan for cup competitions, providing he’s not already cup tied.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

I believe as it’s not a FL club, we can use players on loan at NL clubs for cup competitions, providing he’s not already cup tied.

Exactly, the old "emergency loan" system can still be used with non-league clubs. And I suspect it's why he was sent to the National League, so that he could be recalled.

That said, it'd be pretty harsh on the young man. Sounds like he was good again tonight. Got an assist. Has, by all accounts, been good at Woking. We're very much light on attackers. I know Reeco and Karlan both scored tonight, but surely he should at least be considered for the bench if Reeves is out on Saturday.