Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Recommend a player Charlton could/should realistically be looking at.

I have to say there was 1 player for an opponent this year that caught my eye and would, IMO be a good fit.

Joe Bunney played left back for Rochdale (I think) that day but was more of a wing back. Tall and strong, very good feet, left footed and has previously been referred to as a striker. Pretty sure he got an assist. Really caught the eye for me if I am honest. Definitely one I'd ask our scouts to keep an eye on.

23 years old
6"2'
49 goals (some non-league) in 144 games but his record at Rochdale is 16 in 92

What about you chaps? seen anyone that caught the eye.
Who knows - maybe our exclusive scouting network might follow up on a few

Comments

• Options
    Lionel Messi.

• Options
    Robbie Keane
  • Options
    Andy Delort
  • Options
    Probably a bit out of our league but Jay Emmanual-Thomas has no business being in League 1 in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Swisdom said:

I have to say there was 1 player for an opponent this year that caught my eye and would, IMO be a good fit.

Joe Bunney played left back for Rochdale (I think) that day but was more of a wing back. Tall and strong, very good feet, left footed and has previously been referred to as a striker. Pretty sure he got an assist. Really caught the eye for me if I am honest. Definitely one I'd ask our scouts to keep an eye on.

23 years old
    6"2'
    49 goals (some non-league) in 144 games but his record at Rochdale is 16 in 92

What about you chaps? seen anyone that caught the eye.
    Who knows - maybe our exclusive scouting network might follow up on a few

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34313873 .. this was fifteen months ago, he seems to have got more professional since then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Graham Carey at Plymouth. Out of contact in the summer so should be cheap and can play the number 10 role which Robinson has made clear we need.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

should have signed Samuelson who went Peterborough, when we played West Ham in pre season friendly was best player on the pitch and that included Payet.

He was highly rated at Man City's academy, didn't quite work out for him. Was highly rated at West Ham and didn't quite seem to work out for him, but loads of ability, particularly at this level.

David Faupala, striker, Manchester City. Played against Chelsea in FA Cup last year and looked quite good. Big, physical, but also very good technique and mobility. I'd also say Brandon Barker, a right footed winger with a lot of pace and trickery and ability to score a lovely goal. Unfortunately out on loan at NAC Breda.

They have various other players who have some good technique, Sinan Bytyqi who is 6'1'', 22 years old, was promising but doesn't seem to be quite up to their level. An attacker who can pretty much play anywhere in midfield. Thierry Ambrose was also highly rated at one point, a French wide forward compared to his namesake (different spelling).
  • Options
    Marcus Maddison at Peterboro
    John Akinde at Barnet
    Danny Mayor of Bury is a class act
  • Options
    Realistically ? anyone available free / nominal fee on low wages
  • Options
    Hayden Mullins.
  • Options
    That bloke at Sutton whose name escapes me.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Nicky Bailey?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Rory Deacon?
    Richie Towell can't get a game at Brighton, worth a go.
  • Options

Probably a bit out of our league but Jay Emmanual-Thomas has no business being in League 1 in my opinion.

That means he is literally in our league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stephen Dawson from Scunthorpe.
    There was one at Oldham (Fane maybe?) and one at Rochdale (Davies or Thompson?) that caught the eye during our awful run at the end of the year.
  • Options
    Dack from Gillingham.
  • Options
    Nadir Ciftci has been farmed out by Celtic to Turkey. Could play various roles although expect the odd red
  • Options
    Morris from Scunthorpe
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Morris from Scunthorpe

Before Saturday
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Jay Simpson of Orient is out of favour and may be a cheap stop-gap. Omar Bogle. Rohan Ince not getting game time at Fulham, possibly out of contract in summer although I see he is on trial for wounding in a month.
  • Options
    Isn't this supposed to be Thomas Driesens job?
  • Options
    Went to watch Pompey last week and they had a young lad up front, Conor Chaplin who looked really good. Great touch, quick and he scored twice. Only 19.
  • Options

Jay Simpson of Orient is out of favour and may be a cheap stop-gap. Omar Bogle. Rohan Ince not getting game time at Fulham, possibly out of contract in summer although I see he is on trial for wounding in a month.

Simpson signed for someone else yesterday I think?