Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Unusual Sandwich Combinations (warning, weirdo alert)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Lukewarm mince in bolognese sauce (leftover in the pan) between two thick buttered slices of white bed to soak up the oil from the meat. A real treat.

Club sandwich: Turkey, mayonnaise, pickle in one bit; mature cheddar, coleslaw and beetroot in the other (I don't think that's really that weird - maybe a bit gluttonous)

When drunk, desperate and nothing in the cupboards, I have on more than one occasion made a sandwich with a filling of cold Dolmio sauce - the sort of condensed ones in a small plastic carton. Good to spread on the buttered bread, again quite oily (especially with pancetta/pepperoni or similar, so the bread soaks it up nicely).
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Lukewarm mince in bolognese sauce (leftover in the pan) between two thick buttered slices of white bed to soak up the oil from the meat. A real treat.

I've done that or an open face version of it with veggie mince and it's lovely. Great shout.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    Not surprised those are reduced.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Not surprised those are reduced.

I know, the liquorice one is 9 days past its use by date!
  • Options
    There are some proper savages in this thread.
  • Options

Lettuce is superfluous
  • Options
    This morning for breakfast, grated cheese and onion with spinach, French mustard and mayo...not particularly unusual but very nice....with brown wholemeal bread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2017
    had one yesterday after left over roast beef from sunday

roast beef, roast potatoes mashed veg mashed with a gravy soaked slice of bread in the middle smashed between 2 slices of thick farmhouse bread covered in brown sauce. bang on
  • Options
    can I flag @palarsehater brown sauce with gravy and potatoes in a sandwich that isn't a chip butty?
  • Options
    I didn't think it was weird at the time, cos combining 2 things you really like in a sarnie is pretty commonplace, right?
    The look I got from my friend the sarnie shop proprietor, you'd a thought I'd ordered puppy and arsenic: I asked for corned beef and egg mayo. Couldn't decide between them and didn't have room for 2 rounds, simple solution.
    She never forgot it and offered it to me every time I returned.
    My "2 things you like in one sandwich will be fine" assumption has been wrong only once (one exception proves the rule etc) fried egg with taramasalata was just too weird, not unpleasant exactly but they don't compliment each other at all.
    All those jam & cheese combos are pretty standard fare with our scandi chums and peanut butter with jam (or marmite for that matter) is one of the few american imports since the blues for which we can all be grateful (and Gillian Anderson of course)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Had a blood test last week and had to fast for 12 hrs beforehand.
    Straight after I headed to a cafe fancying a sausage, cheese and gherkin with mustard and tomato sauce doorstop sandwich.
    I bottled ordering it for fear of ridicule and made do with just the sausage sandwich.
  • Options
    I get weird comments/looks when ordering a cheese and coleslaw sandwich from cafes. I mean ffs! Love one of them with a coffee.
  • Options
    Sausage, banana and plum-chutney toastie. Magnificent.