Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Unusual Sandwich Combinations (warning, weirdo alert)

Comments

• Options

Cheese and jam or marmalade and peanut butter.

Marmalade and peanut butter is just a variation on that American staple, peanut butter and jelly (what we call jam). I can confirm both are delicious.
  • Options
    A friend of mine told me that he loves chicken madras curry on buttered toast.
    Then he tips the sauce on another piece. He was asked what type of bread, brown or white.
    What does it matter! It could be red, white or blue, still wrong on every level.
  • Options
    Cocaine sandwiches.

Can't taste a bloody thing.
  • Options
    Ran out of nutella once, chocolate pudding sandwiches are better than chocolate mousse sandwiches
  • Options

There are some very, very weird people on here!

Toast sandwich! Fucking hell!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich

It has its own wiki entry, Heston Blumenthal does them
  • Options

Two lovely ones are, date&banana and cheddar cheese&strawberry jam.

Just 'Two lovely ones' would have been sufficient.
  • Options
    I had a peas sandwich on an internal flight in Thailand. Just peas, ffs.
  • Options
    Fried bread sandwich - one slice of fried bread made from that cotton wool type by Mother's Pride between two slices of similar bread. Even more than a sausage or bacon sandwich, this has to be made with bad bread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fried bread sandwich - one slice of fried bread made from that cotton wool type by Mother's Pride between two slices of similar bread. Even more than a sausage or bacon sandwich, this has to be made with bad bread.

Sounds like an Irish shepards pie - mashed potato topping on a plate of chips.
  • Options
    Scrambled egg and salad cream
    Banana and marmite
  • Options
    Beetroot and mashed potato is one of Mrs MAM's favorite sandwiches.
  • Options
    I did have fairy bread a couple of years ago at a kids party, bread & butter sprinkled with 100's & 1000's, it was surprisingly good
  • Options

Clubbed seal with grated puffin.

One of Hermann's favourites.
  • Options
    Dairylea and hundreds and thousands
    Are fish finger sarnies with tartar too mainstream?
  • Options
    Used to eat spaghetti sandwiches at uni, loads of butter and a bit of salt - with or without bolognese.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Since a boy I have enjoyed boiled egg and tomato sandwiches. Once when I was staying temporary in digs, the landlady made me sandwiches every day and when I asked for these I got 2 sandwiches, one with egg and 1 with tomato. I told her to put them together in the sandwich and she could not believe me. After reading others on here, they do not seem bad
  • Options
    Egg and tomato is a very popular sandwich, nothing weird in that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like marmite and peanut butter together. It's better on toast than in a sandwich, though. And marmite and tahini is good too.

My other half has marmite and cheese which I think is odd.
  • Options
    Had a raw fresh tuna and Kimchi sandwich today. Lovely
  • Options
    Brunello said:

Had a raw fresh tuna and Kimchi sandwich today. Lovely

You filthy bastard!
  • Options
    Just making some cauliflower and jam sandwiches for tomorrow. East stand if anyone fancies some!
  • Options
    Not that unusual but I love:

Pb&j or Marmite Mayo.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone on here. I just showed Mrs D to demonstrate that my cream cheese and banana combo is in reality quite normal.
  • Options
    Used to have tommy sauce sandwiches and loved a crisp sandwich but I suppose that's normal.

Surprising amount of mashed potato based sarnies. That's never crossed my mind but sounds like a cracking carb fest!
  • Options

Marmalade and peanut butter is just a variation on that American staple, peanut butter and jelly (what we call jam). I can confirm both are delicious.
    I have a friend who asked his mum for a peanut butter & jelly sandwich when he was young. She used actual jelly.

Personally, I like peanut butter with slices of granny smith apple.
  • Options
    .Not an unusual combo but love a cheese and Apple sandwich
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I have a friend who asked his mum for a peanut butter & jelly sandwich when he was young. She used actual jelly.

Personally, I like peanut butter with slices of granny smith apple.
    Hollow out the middle of the apple and cut in half like a bagel. Peanut butter and bacon in the middle. Amazing