Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Malmö FF tickets

I'm off to Copenhagen again next month, and I'd like to take in a football match.

Unfortunately Copenhagen are away, so I may go to see Malmö play - something I meant to do when I worked there a couple of years ago.

Anyone got any tips? If I remember rightly the tickets are via Ticketmaster. I'm wondering if any of you chaps have been before and have advice on where to sit etc?

Comments

• Options
    Oh, and its the Östersunds FK match on the 4th that I'm looking at!
  • Options
    We have been to several games at Malmo as we have family there. It's not a massive ground, but it does often sell out (or at least seems busy) and buying tickets near match day can be hard, so I would def. say purcahse in advance. We have sat in various places and never had any complaints about the view.

It's a neat little stadium. Door to door from Copenhagen airport station I would say it would take you 30 mins. We've always really enjoyed the games there. Be prepared to see lots of Ibrahimovic posters etc.!

Only negatives....We have been twice in February and both times it has been freezing! So much so that the sea in between Denmark and Sweden had started to freeze! Also - at the moment, Malmo is experiencing a few social issues and it's getting a bit of a reputation at night. So you may want to think about that before booking anything. If you look online you will see what i mean.

But overall, Malmo is lovely. They describe themselves as the equivalent of 'cockneys' in England and often our family explain that their accents are deemed to be 'common' in Sweden. But you wont get a warmer welcome anywhere else in Sweden as they love the Brits!
  • Options
    I went to see FC Nordsjallend (sp?) when I was in Copenhagen last year, stadium was a bit soulless but it's a northern suburb of Copenhagen so very easy to get to , the people were really friendly and the beer was good.
  • Options
    Cheers Braydex!

I've seen the stadium and it does look like a nice one! I've never ventured in, but will be sure to look at tickets online given what youve said.

It's a shame about the reputation issues in Malmo. I was out there quite a bit in 2014 and I think it was beginning get the reputation then. I was based out of Lund and a few in the office were surprised when I said I went for a late night session in Malmö. I thought they were bonkers as it was lovely!

I ended up putting a deposit and a few months rent on a flat in Malmö back in 2015 when I was due to return actually, but unfortunately I never moved out due to a family issue. A few months later there was a grenade attack (fortunately with no injuries?!) a few streets away from the flat though. A terrible shame because I loved it there, a few special memories of different bars near Lilla Torg with open air fires for warmth! (And in Lund at least, I can remember one bar that had a club underneath.. but they gave you a blanket whenever you went to the smoking area!)

Social issues aside, I have a lot of time for Swedes. A beautiful country with a lot to be proud of IMO.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Cheers Braydex!

I've seen the stadium and it does look like a nice one! I've never ventured in, but will be sure to look at tickets online given what youve said.

It's a shame about the reputation issues in Malmo. I was out there quite a bit in 2014 and I think it was beginning get the reputation then. I was based out of Lund and a few in the office were surprised when I said I went for a late night session in Malmö. I thought they were bonkers as it was lovely!

I ended up putting a deposit and a few months rent on a flat in Malmö back in 2015 when I was due to return actually, but unfortunately I never moved out due to a family issue. A few months later there was a grenade attack (fortunately with no injuries?!) a few streets away from the flat though. A terrible shame because I loved it there, a few special memories of different bars near Lilla Torg with open air fires for warmth! (And in Lund at least, I can remember one bar that had a club underneath.. but they gave you a blanket whenever you went to the smoking area!)

Social issues aside, I have a lot of time for Swedes. A beautiful country with a lot to be proud of IMO.

Aker till Boras och ser Elfsborg spela.

Heja di gule!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I went to see FC Nordsjallend (sp?) when I was in Copenhagen last year, stadium was a bit soulless but it's a northern suburb of Copenhagen so very easy to get to , the people were really friendly and the beer was good.

That would've been a cracking option, alas they're away when I'm there.

I genuinely end up going to Copenhagen when I need a break, so I'll keep it in mind for the future - Cheers, mate.

The Danes certainly do seem like a friendly bunch though. I took the missus there for New Years, and she remarked that it's the only city she could ever imagine moving to. Her reasoning was how friendly everyone was.. surprised me, as she's often a right miserable git.
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

Cheers Braydex!

Aker till Boras och ser Elfsborg spela.

Heja di gule!
    Jag prata inte Svenska!

(I used to get mocked for my perfect pronunciation of that.. but the bastards all spoke English better than me!)
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

se9addick said:

I genuinely end up going to Copenhagen when I need a break, so I'll keep it in mind for the future - Cheers, mate.

The Danes certainly do seem like a friendly bunch though. I took the missus there for New Years, and she remarked that it's the only city she could ever imagine moving to. Her reasoning was how friendly everyone was.. surprised me, as she's often a right miserable git.
    I'm nowhere being good looking enough to live in Copenhagen, place is like a living Victoria Secret catwalk, I'm lucky they let me through passport control for a weekend break !
  • Options

@The Prince-e-Paul is the man to ask.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Check Brondby, you get a short suburban train out from Copenhagen.

Malmo I bought on the door, check past attendances to see feasibility and possibly email the club. Dont get confused by the mixed gender toilets!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedPanda said:

Malmo I bought on the door, check past attendances to see feasibility and possibly email the club. Dont get confused by the mixed gender toilets!

• Options
    se9addick said:

LuckyReds said:

se9addick said:

I'm nowhere being good looking enough to live in Copenhagen, place is like a living Victoria Secret catwalk, I'm lucky they let me through passport control for a weekend break !
    Why do you think I booked a return trip before I'd even come home? ;)

I must say though, if that's what cycling does to you - someone buy me a bike.. and quick.

Awesome, cheers for tagging him!
    RedPanda said:

That's awesome. How did you find the Malmo match btw mate?

Mixed gender toilets at a football match is certainly interesting; the only selling point of Charlton as far as the girlfriend is concerned is "as a woman it's the only place I don't need to queue for the toilets". (Says a lot about our performances..)
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

se9addick said:

LuckyReds said:

se9addick said:

Why do you think I booked a return trip before I'd even come home? ;)

I must say though, if that's what cycling does to you - someone buy me a bike.. and quick.

Awesome, cheers for tagging him!
    RedPanda said:

That's awesome. How did you find the Malmo match btw mate?

Mixed gender toilets at a football match is certainly interesting; the only selling point of Charlton as far as the girlfriend is concerned is "as a woman it's the only place I don't need to queue for the toilets". (Says a lot about our performances..)
    It’s a nice stadium and has one of the better walks to a ground you’ll experience. The atmosphere was decent, not amazing but they have a very cool club anthem and sing a great version of “I only want to be with you.”

Swedish men apparently pee sitting down, we only figured that out after the game. It was about £12 to get in but that was in 2012.

I check attendances on Soccerway to see how much of a problem tickets might be. I think most Malmo games are fine.
  • Options
    The only time Malmo would sell out would be when playing Helsingborg in the derby game. Helsingborg went down last season.

Attendances in Sweden can be heavily dictated by the weather. There is a fair chance it will be a little bit chilly when you are over there, so wrap up warm with the other 15,000(max) fans.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Cheers
    As for taking in a game in Malmo. No pubs around the ground, so will need to go into town. If you want to drop in to a pub before the game, wife recommends this FF home pub where i've here been numerous times, but not on matchdays. It's a bit of a walk from the ground but worth it to mix with fans and the walk together will be easy. This square Möllevången is very socially mixed with many nationalities mixing. Malmo has over 170 languages spoke in the city making it one of the most cosmopolitan places in the world. Brits are most definitely welcome and such is my poor swedish that whenever i'm there all swedes will engage me in English for conversation and to be polite will generally speak to each other in English whilst i'm present. Very polite folk as a rule.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g189839-d1043323-i68905213-Sodra_Skolgatans_Olkafe-Malmo_Skane_County.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti2nZppyuHU

Their fans are very passionate and such is their desire to bounce in the stands, the new stadium was designed to flex when the full stadium bounces so as to prevent the stands breaking.

Not too sure about buying tickets as i never buy one due to getting in free. (Brother-in-law is head of security)

Very friendly town and yes Malmo are the Cockney equivalent, but their 'so what, i'm Malmo' attitude to Stockholmer's looking down on them is quite amusing. It is know for being violent and my wife says it's always been know as little Chicago. Lots of shootings over the last few years, but mostly gang related.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Unfortunately Copenhagen are away, so I may go to see Malmö play - something I meant to do when I worked there a couple of years ago.

Don't go and watch FC Copenhagen. You take one of the oldest club in the world (Kjøbenhavns Boldklub) and merges it with another very old club, B1903 and the result = FC Copenhagen in 1992.
    Modern football at its worst.
    If you're in the Copenhagen area, check out Lyngby instead. You'll get one of the best hotdogs you've ever had in your life at their ground. I'm assuming you're in Copenhagen the last week of Feb (since FC Copenhagen are playing away - to another merger club, FC Nordsjaelland).
    Lyngby are playing Esbjerg Friday night (24th Feb).
  • Options
    Danepak said:

LuckyReds said:

Don't go and watch FC Copenhagen. You take one of the oldest club in the world (Kjøbenhavns Boldklub) and merges it with another very old club, B1903 and the result = FC Copenhagen in 1992.
    If you're in the Copenhagen area, check out Lyngby instead. You'll get one of the best hotdogs you've ever had in your life at their ground. I'm assuming you're in Copenhagen the last week of Feb (since FC Copenhagen are playing away - to another merger club, FC Nordsjaelland).
    Claus Jensen's old club.

We played there around 2003 in a pre-season game, the locals were very amused with about 50 fans from London converging on the place.
  • Options
    I was in Malmo a couple of years ago for their Euro tie with Atletico. I didn't pick up any edge at all to the place. Unlike Manchester, last year! My mate is always bigging up Zlatan, so we went for a drive around Rosengaard, which he always makes sound like a no-go area. It's in a lot better nick than Thamesmead, take it from me. Admittedly, on the main road in, there was a big, hulking police station - but there were bikes on a rack outside that didn't seem to even be locked.

I guess it's all about knowing the rules of the street, but I don't think ordinary people are going to run into any problem, whereas in Manchester, as in most British cities, one wrong word or even glance in a pub, and you might have a problem. No?
  • Options

Danepak said:

LuckyReds said:

Claus Jensen's old club.

We played there around 2003 in a pre-season game, the locals were very amused with about 50 fans from London converging on the place.
    I think it was July or August 2000.