Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lookman scores on debut

Comments

• Options
    Yesssss
  • Options
    Well taken goal through the legs of the keeper within 5 mind of coming off the bench. Fair play to the lad.
  • Options
    Great finish!
  • Options
    MOTD ruined.
  • Options
    and made John Stones looked very silly.
  • Options

MOTD ruined.

I'm happy for the lad but not an important goal in a 4-1 loss for Everton
    You must have switched off before the last 10 seconds and missed Lukaku Scorpion kick it in from his own half.
  • Options

MOTD ruined.

Im very confused
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He's obviously a very popular young man in the Everton team. When the 'keeper runs 90+ yards to jump on you after you score, you kind of know you've made it...

It was only a few weeks ago that plenty of our fans were adamant he was overrated...
    Ha
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Looks like I'm the only one who doesn't really give a toss....I've been going to The Valley for 60 years and the only way I personally have been able to live with all the departures of our star players is to try as best I can to ignore them once they've gone. For me, the alternative simply makes their loss all the more gutting.
    I don't give a toss about Everton or "any" of their players!
    We're all different I guess........l've had an f'ing gut full over the years and it doesn't get any easier.
    I suspect from the posts so far, that I'm probably on my own with this view.....I'll just have to live with it.
  • Options
    His best position may be as goal poacher, not where we used to play him. And they will probably keep him off free kicks and corners!
  • Options

Looks like I'm the only one who doesn't really give a toss....I've been going to The Valley for 60 years and the only way I personally have been able to live with all the departures of our star players is to try as best I can to ignore them once they've gone. For me, the alternative simply makes their loss all the more gutting.
    We're all different I guess........l've had an f'ing gut full over the years and it doesn't get any easier.
    I suspect from the posts so far, that I'm probably on my own with this view.....I'll just have to live with it.

I fully support your taking that stance. I have a pretty similar outlook. The only times I haven't been disinterested in what happened to one of our players after they left was with Hales, because I like him so much and wanted to see him succeed, and Defoe and Parker, because I wanted to see them fail miserably.
  • Options

It's great being a Charlton fan he used to play for us it's like we beat Man City

?
  • Options
    Pleased for him, hope he goes on to do great things.
  • Options
    One thing. Needs to find his own celebration, rather than knicking Jacko's knee slide...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wish him all the best What's wrong is that we should be producing players through the farm that help us to reach the premier and keep us there. Seeing him play a handful of games and then watch him in the prem only encourages me to get sky and boycott the valley. As many have done since this lot took over.
  • Options
    Seems to have a bit of a bromance going on with lukaku
  • Options
    just so happy that I've seen a premier league star of the future.

Thanks Katie
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    jams said:

Seems to have a bit of a bromance going on with lukaku

This, apparently they are best buddies already.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I know it sounds ridiculous but I felt so proud watching him score that and being mobbed by his team mates after scoring and at the final whistle...might have been the pre-lunch drinks of course but thinking about the journey that kid's been on during the last 5 years got me all a bit emosh!
  • Options
    The kid did the right thing by us unlike certain other recent players. Up there now with Jenkinson and Jonjo imo!
  • Options

MOTD ruined.

You must have switched off before the last 10 seconds and missed Lukaku Scorpion kick it in from his own half.
    You forgot to mention the fact that he stopped the ball on his own goal line, bobbed it up to the half way line on his head prior to the scorpion kick.
  • Options
    Francis Jeffers scored TWO on his debut for us.
  • Options

MOTD ruined.

You forgot to mention the fact that he stopped the ball on his own goal line, bobbed it up to the half way line on his head prior to the scorpion kick.
    It's one thing spoiling MOTD, but spoiling 2 good 2 bad is a step too far
  • Options

Not on your own SoundAs, but with qualified agreement. I am delighted for a young man who, from all accounts, loved our club. He was happy to stay following the relegation to the third tier that our ludicrous SMT allowed to happen. He may well have stayed longer, had they not outed the manager they appointed to "improve our position" in the summer. But at that point any sane person (he has three A Levels) would have thought "I'm out". My opinion is, that, had he had any inclination whatsoever of any ambition from the club's ownership that he may be playing in the top flight within a few years wearing a Charlton shirt, he just might have stayed?