Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Lions Match Thread 14/01/17

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017

Booooo! No one likes ya, no one likes ya, no one likes ya, cos you're scum!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

The only issue with that team is Chicksen - there are about four players on the bench who are potentially greater attacking threats in his position. But he hasn't really let us down so far and if he contributes to a goal or two it'll be fully justified.

Suspect he wanted to keep it fairly similar. Don't want too many changes in one go...
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Is this the moment for Sir Gobby Robinson to turn our fortunes around ?
  • Options
    Harsh on Phillips in my opinion but I would imagine it's been handled correctly.
    Good squad....now time to deliver. Turning point of season this game, either way.
  • Options

Is this the moment for Sir Gobby Robinson to turn out fortunes around ?

It's the moment to do it. But he won't.
  • Options
    Really really fancy us today, it's going to happen
  • Options

Seems pretty defensive

Agree to some extent, although Holmes, Watt, and JFC, all of whom would be more attacking options, are all lacking the fitness to start right now.

I still think we need another winger/attacker of genuine quality. I don't think Holmes, Chicksen, Byrne, and DaSilva have enough cutting edge or attacking nous.
  • Options

Wish Morison was injured, that cunt always scores against us!

BFG or Tex need to give him a reducer early doors.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From Rich Cawley on Twitter-:
    Millwall unchanged for sixth straight game. Settled side. Charlton got some big-hitters back but not fully up to speed.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

...and then not allow themselves to get bullied by him for the next 90 minutes. I don't think Morrison will be put off by a reducer (much as I'd like to see it). I think it will be important for Konsa to look to pick him up when he drops deep, and Bauer look to challenge with him for everything lumped toward him.

Also, Millwall are not a great footballing side. Hopefully over the last couple weeks KR has drilled a higher tempo, more pressing approach into the team. I think you can create mistakes by putting their back line under pressure.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Seems pretty defensive

Agree to some extent, although Holmes, Watt, and JFC, all of whom would be more attacking options, are all lacking the fitness to start right now.

I still think we need another winger/attacker of genuine quality. I don't think Holmes, Chicksen, Byrne, and DaSilva have enough cutting edge or attacking nous.
    Holmes definitely does. Best wide player in the league.
  • Options
    So only striker on bench is a player who KR said a,week ago wasn't fit and needed to prove himself.
  • Options

From Rich Cawley on Twitter-:
    Millwall unchanged for sixth straight game. Settled side. Charlton got some big-hitters back but not fully up to speed.

Yeah was thinking that, we could've done with playing them in 2-3 weeks time when JFC, Holmes and Watt were fitter
  • Options

So only striker on bench is a player who KR said a,week ago wasn't fit and needed to prove himself.

Now's his time.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Leuth said:

Now THAT is a bench

Maybe the two benches could play a 7-a-side game in the car park. We might beat Millwall at last.
  • Options
    Right here we go....CAFC Player has started......COYR's!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017

Leuth said:

Now THAT is a bench

Maybe the two benches could play a 7-a-side game in the car park. We might eat Millwall at last.
    Robins don't normally eat Lions it's the other way round :disappointed:
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Leuth said:

Now THAT is a bench

We might eat Millwall at last.
    Don't be revolting! I wouldn't eat Millwall if they were glazed in honey.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Leuth said:

Now THAT is a bench

We might eat Millwall at last.
    Don't be revolting! I wouldn't eat Millwall if they were glazed in honey.
    My Dad wouldn't go in a Lyons Cafe.
  • Options
    Why do we always seem to start with one striker against Millwall?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Leuth said:

Now THAT is a bench

Maybe the two benches could play a 7-a-side game in the car park. We might eat Millwall at last.
    Robins don't normally eat Lions it's the other way round :disappointed:
    I sent David Attenborough an email. I'm not convinced that lions dine out on robins.
  • Options
    In theory it's all set up for Watt to come off the bench after an hour, tear them to pieces, score a hat-trick, including at least one worldy, then run down the last 3 minutes in the corner whilst soaking up the applause and cementing legendary status for a generarion.

In reality it'll end up with us going 2 down inside the first 20 minutes, having Tex sent off and us spending the next 70 chasing our tails and praying Relegation Roger doesn't follow him.

Please Charlton!
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Why do we always seem to start with one striker against Millwall?

Yes, another defender might help.
  • Options
    20 mins till ko....COYR's!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Good team. Balanced with round pegs in round holes. Lone striker but lots of forward minded players and energy in the midfield behind Big Mag so not a defensive team in my mind. Well balanced bench with lots of options and players you actually believe might be able to positively affect the game if brought on.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

RedChaser said:

...and then not allow themselves to get bullied by him for the next 90 minutes. I don't think Morrison will be put off by a reducer (much as I'd like to see it). I think it will be important for Konsa to look to pick him up when he drops deep, and Bauer look to challenge with him for everything lumped toward him.

Also, Millwall are not a great footballing side. Hopefully over the last couple weeks KR has drilled a higher tempo, more pressing approach into the team. I think you can create mistakes by putting their back line under pressure.
    Their back line is definitely the week point. Morrison, like Big Mag, is pretty much as good as it gets in this division, and their midfield is combative with a bit of skill in Onyedinma.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!