Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lookman cash to be spent on training ground - Robinson

https://t.co/QxmLFUQgmp

Also why Lookman wasn't loaned back as Charlton wanted, Fox and maybe one more in.

Comments

• Options
    https://t.co/ZrFoMQwTmA

Robinson says orher League One sides waiting for Charlton charge plus fitness updates.
  • Options
    Maybe one more in! From reading that it sounds to me as if that's it for the incomings.
  • Options

https://t.co/QxmLFUQgmp

Also why Lookman wasn't loaned back as Charlton wanted, Fox and maybe one more in.

Well that's the new tablecloths in the canteen sorted.

KM will be happy.
  • Options

Maybe one more in! From reading that it sounds to me as if that's it for the incomings.

"What I wanted to do was do business that secured positions and gives us energy, that gives us ball retention. We’re 11th now and we’ll sit back for a few weeks, take stock of where we’re at – if ONE comes up that’s worth spending money on we will do it.”"
  • Options
    "People will be able to see in the next 50 years that young players coming through are going to be very well supported..." and then sold on asap presumably???

Fecking hell, I'm all for a bit of a long term view but that sort of objective isn't exactly going to have the turnstiles spinning off their hinges with supporters flooding back.

Plus I'll have long been worm food...
  • Options
    Same old.
  • Options
    Note also that Cawley says £8m upfront.

Anyone still think we have or will spend £4m of that on players this window or was the £400k to spend a little bit more realistic?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"People will be able to see in the next 50 years that young players coming through are going to be very well supported..." and then sold on asap presumably???

Fecking hell, I'm all for a bit of a long term view but that sort of objective isn't exactly going to have the turnstiles spinning off their hinges with supporters flooding back.

Think most of us here will have.
  • Options
    "When this horse gets unbolted it takes some difficulties in stopping it..."

• Options
    edited January 2017
    I do appreciate coaches have to do media work as part of their role and perhaps it isn't fair to pull apart every word KR comes out with. In other circumstances some of the stuff might be better received or even amusing...but jeez he does come out with some utter nonsense.

Just beat Millwall Karl.
  • Options

Fifty years time I'd be 111
    Still waiting to see us beat millwall
    You not going today then?
  • Options
    So he has gone from saying we will splash some cash and sign at least one maybe two more to basically saying no on else is coming in?
  • Options

"We’ll have a look in the last week of January and see what sort of manoeuvring there is that suits us – and not that suits agents or someone else’s bank balance,” said Robinson"

= prepare yourselves for another round of last minute loanees boys & girls.

It possibly also means that if we lose the next 3, or let's say don't win any, we'll be unlikely to make the play offs and they won't be spending.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still like Karl's enthusiasm. At least by being like that he keeps the madness away from the players and focuses them on being a confident attacking side.

But yes, need to win today or it all looks a bit hollow.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    se9addick said:

Robinson sounds utterly ridiculous there. And some people want to form a group that actively supports Roland's ownership...

I think his heart is in the right place. He's just rather exciteable, talks too quickly and therefore is often unintelligable.

To be honest I can think of a lot of managers that I dislike more (Pardew), so if he gets the team performing to their potential, that's good enough for me.
  • Options
    That's alot to spend on the training ground, the canteen as expensive as the Valley, Karl?
  • Options
    Of course rowland wants to spend money on the training ground getting the youngsters up to speed ready to sell
    Hes a businessman all he is worried is money
    His masterplan works for him making big bucks
    If he realy wanted to get out league 1 he would have given that lookie money to Robinson to bring in 3 or 4 quality proven league 1 players
  • Options
    Is he really saying that he did not see his wife and kids over the Christmas period?
  • Options
    It's just flannel. 8m plus in for fees, less than 400k out. Still expect a couple to leave, squad still not good enough. Good to see the heavy investment though in the player farm.